• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Fireworks and Barbecue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude order it animal style next time....or get a flying dutchman. Those are two secret menu items. You can get your shake animal style and your fries animal style as well.

The old guy was like "I want a hockey puck...burn the hell out of it. Put a slab (yes he said slab) of white onion and gimme some of that there yeller mustard."

Anyone been to Honda's in OB (San Diego)? They are the best ;)

Any place with rules about requiring vast amounts of tattoos and piercing in order to work their is my kinda place. Plus the food is fucking bomb.

We have a PsuedoMexican place with similar hiring practices- best place in town for quick Mexican, which compared to San Diego, isn't saying much. The west coast has far superior Mexican and burger joints imo. As much as I love Eastern NC and as I long as I have lived here, I don't think I'll ever get used to Southern food...buttered deep fried everything just kicks my ass every time lol.

We have a PsuedoMexican place with similar hiring practices- best place in town for quick Mexican, which compared to San Diego, isn't saying much. The west coast has far superior Mexican and burger joints imo. As much as I love Eastern NC and as I long as I have lived here, I don't think I'll ever get used to Southern food...buttered deep fried everything just kicks my ass every time lol.

You said it. The south does comfort food, and cook outs freaking awesome (like potato salad, pasta salad, ribs, pulled pork)...the north does seafood and steaks, and wings freaking awesome...pizza as well. Had awesome polish/german food in pittsburgh. Pierogi festival in b-ville was freaking amazing.

I want some snails in butter and garlic, not that I could handle the butter right now. Collecting periwinkles is a lot of fun!

Dude order it animal style next time....or get a flying dutchman. Those are two secret menu items. You can get your shake animal style and your fries animal style as well.."
Love animal style! My double double was Animal Style but for some reason I prefer regular cheeseburger ( animal style or regular) love my fries animal style. I love In n Out!! Do you have them whee you live?

Do you have them whee you live?

Not unless they expanded their franchise into the Southeast :p

Shit, I'll have to go back there sometime, they are like everywhere now around where I live (everywhere is a very loaded term in LA though).

Mexican food is all over my hood! I'm getting married to a Mexican so it's pretty much a staple. Had Peruvian food last night but that is a lot different.

No I am in the south... the pace and heat in the south is perfect for the huge breakfast...as evidenced by the traditional biscuits and sausage gravy. I also love soul food...except okra. Can't wrap my mind around that vegetable. I grow it for my girl, but damn....its weird. In upstate new york we have lots more traditional sandwich shops. Lots of phillipe sandwiches. I am a chef so I can make anything....I gotta get back into the habit of cooking though.

I really miss syracuse in the spring and summer...tigerlillies cluttering the edges of roads. The smell of lilacs on the air. Cottonwood trees making it look like its snowing in summer. Bucolic frolic whenever and whichever way you want it.

I remember that about the northeast, 4 distinct seasons...it's nice. Springs and Falls are nice, they are brief and not very substantial where I usually live.

Shoveling snow can suck, but I still love winters too. I miss the snow living where I do in the SW.

I like it down south. Lots of heat. Time to get burned.

I'm going to have a frustrating day but it won't be nearly as bad as the earlier part of this month! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.