• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

July Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Fireworks and Barbecue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually no, I haven't...I was quite surprised when I found out in the spring of this year that she was trying to get in touch with me. I'd forgotten all about her TBH. But my most recent memories of her (smoking weed on a beach and catching up after not having seen each other in 6 years or so) are positive so it might be something worth pursuing.

The only thing that's weird is the fact that we've known each other for such a long time and she's the sister of one of my closest friends. But...it really shouldn't be weird, when you think about it...I don't like making interpersonal relationships needlessly complicated when the basic dynamic (people who like each other and want to spend time together) should be simple, IMO
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Def pursue. You are so chill about everything, dude. It's great. I way overthink and it fucks me up sometimes. I get absolutely stuff in my head. That's how I've been lately and I can't shake it. Especially when it come to relationships, romantic or otherwise, I can't just keep it simple. I complicate stuff and then feel awkward I guess.

But yeah man get that summer romance on. And you have some pretty solid choices for relocating. I think Seattle is cool but could never live there. I need more sunshine than it had to offer I think.

It always touches a nerve when someone suggests there is something wrong with my brain/mind/ability to think. I mean, this is just something either someone who is rather unintelligent says, in which case it is essentially because they dont know better, or someone who is angry or enraged tells someone, in which case their rage and anger has contracted, in a sort of sick irony, into small mindedness.

Intelligence, smarts, intellect, IQ, whatever, I really dont think we know enough about addiction or dependency to make any sort of connection or even correlation.

Most people are just projecting their own intellectual inadequacies by questioning someone else's intelligence.

done with drugs for the last damn time. just made a thread with that as a title, if anyone is curious about the details.

at one week sober and already starting to feel more like myself. it's been a rough week but i'm so glad i finally did this once and for all.

done with drugs for the last damn time. just made a thread with that as a title, if anyone is curious about the details.

at one week sober and already starting to feel more like myself. it's been a rough week but i'm so glad i finally did this once and for all.

That is a good thing my man, keep up the good work.

thanks :) i'm actually female. today's been rough but no turning back now.

I have reard Motrin ( I know with exercise) can be as helpful with back pain rather than Hydrocodo and what ever else is in the circle?
My back hurts and that's al I have. I wanna void the Vicodine all together....

I am nearing two years as well.

I am having some bad OCD resurgence today and it is causing me lots of paranoia. I hate this. I think it may be another day I hide in my room all day.

I am nearing two years as well.

I am having some bad OCD resurgence today and it is causing me lots of paranoia. I hate this. I think it may be another day I hide in my room all day.
you have some time under your belt but wanted to put it out there to think about stepping out of comfort zone. I know that is VERY hard.
I read your posts and you have such wisdom. What you say touches a lot of people on this site .
It's Sunday, try and make it a good one.

Does anyone ever get depressed when looking at life in the "long term"? I try to focus on living in the moment but I'll still get glimpses of my past and potential future and it horrifies me.

My mother recently watched one of her best friends die of pancreatic cancer. Literally watched her die...sat by her bedside and helped administer the oral morphine and all of that. 5 months from diagnosis to death (originally went to the doctor because of aching bones), and I remember that she was someone who was always very nice to me when I was a child. She definitely didn't "deserve" to die like that. I look at my parents, who are both around that woman's age themselves, and I know that one day something terrible is going to happen to them, and I'll have to watch them die. Sometimes when I have those thoughts I get extremely depressed and I wonder what the point of anything is (yes, I know that there "is no point", and yes, I realize that death is the logical conclusion to a biological organism's existence, but pure logic doesn't really assuage the emotional or existential pain I feel when I think about such things).

8 months clean from everything including weed tomorrow. Got a funeral for a 25 year old friend of mine that ODed. I'm tired of losing friends. Comes with the territory tho I guess

Does anyone ever get depressed when looking at life in the "long term"? I try to focus on living in the moment but I'll still get glimpses of my past and potential future and it horrifies me.

My mother recently watched one of her best friends die of pancreatic cancer. Literally watched her die...sat by her bedside and helped administer the oral morphine and all of that. 5 months from diagnosis to death (originally went to the doctor because of aching bones), and I remember that she was someone who was always very nice to me when I was a child. She definitely didn't "deserve" to die like that. I look at my parents, who are both around that woman's age themselves, and I know that one day something terrible is going to happen to them, and I'll have to watch them die. Sometimes when I have those thoughts I get extremely depressed and I wonder what the point of anything is (yes, I know that there "is no point", and yes, I realize that death is the logical conclusion to a biological organism's existence, but pure logic doesn't really assuage the emotional or existential pain I feel when I think about such things).

Everyone eventually dies. What will help you to deal with it is to fill your heart with good memories involving those that you love. Consider each day a gift. One thing I say to people is that you should always hug and say I love you when leaving those you love, because you never know if that will be the last thing you say to them.

8 months clean from everything including weed tomorrow. Got a funeral for a 25 year old friend of mine that ODed. I'm tired of losing friends. Comes with the territory tho I guess

It is good to see you posting. I remember the other website. Be good to yourself and keep us posted. It is always terrible when someone becomes "forever young". I am glad that you aren't following them.

Yesterday was tough. It was my sons birthday. I didn't get to talk to him. Breaks my heart, but I won't use! Someday he may need me. I really hope he reaches out because his mother will never do the work to.

My girlfriend's ex is acting crazy. The other day he showed up at her house and forced his way in. She has a restraining order on him. We have a code word so that I can call her police force and her neighbor. I hope he gets some help soon. I feel for him because he must be dying inside if he is acting this way, and needs some reassurance and a way to mend his broken heart. I also feel for my girl that is scared to be in her home. It took the cops an hour to get there the other day when I called them. I called three times...they are too busy busting drug users. What if he hurt her? I guess that isn't important to them. Something needs to be done about the police forces getting money from the government for every drug arrest they make. They should never receive pay on having a quota. Anyways, if her ex is reading this...please seek some therapy...it helped me immensely to have someone to talk to and a soft place to land. Regardless of what happens, please do not hurt her, I have grown very fond of her.

Everyone eventually dies. What will help you to deal with it is to fill your heart with good memories involving those that you love.

I know. Somehow the mere knowledge doesn't make it that much better though...ugh

I shouldn't complain so much, though. Things are going pretty well for me at the moment.

Everyone eventually dies. What will help you to deal with it is to fill your heart with good memories involving those that you love. Consider each day a gift. One thing I say to people is that you should always hug and say I love you when leaving those you love, because you never know if that will be the last thing you say to them.

It is good to see you posting. I remember the other website. Be good to yourself and keep us posted. It is always terrible when someone becomes "forever young". I am glad that you aren't following them.

Yesterday was tough. It was my sons birthday. I didn't get to talk to him. Breaks my heart, but I won't use! Someday he may need me. I really hope he reaches out because his mother will never do the work to.

My girlfriend's ex is acting crazy. The other day he showed up at her house and forced his way in. She has a restraining order on him. We have a code word so that I can call her police force and her neighbor. I hope he gets some help soon. I feel for him because he must be dying inside if he is acting this way, and needs some reassurance and a way to mend his broken heart. I also feel for my girl that is scared to be in her home. It took the cops an hour to get there the other day when I called them. I called three times...they are too busy busting drug users. What if he hurt her? I guess that isn't important to them. Something needs to be done about the police forces getting money from the government for every drug arrest they make. They should never receive pay on having a quota. Anyways, if her ex is reading this...please seek some therapy...it helped me immensely to have someone to talk to and a soft place to land. Regardless of what happens, please do not hurt her, I have grown very fond of her.

I know. Somehow the mere knowledge doesn't make it that much better though...ugh

I shouldn't complain so much, though. Things are going pretty well for me at the moment.

I'm sick and very unhappy but I'm trying my best.

Will have my 21 months in 11 days :)
CH and ManboyChef and everyone else, thanks for staying clean. I too have not looked back at opiates or alcohol, and my decision never wavers. I guess I cleaned up at the start of 2015, so it's been over a year now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.