PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Suggestions for a "gentle" psychedelic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenscarlet88

Bluelighter
What's a good psychedelic for someone who tends to freak out on these kinds of drugs?

I've had LSD and mushrooms in the past. Some good and bad trips on both, but the bad trips have outweighed the good. After the rough experiences I've felt tormented for weeks afterward ... it's hard for me to let go of the experience and move on.

Despite the risk, it feels like now is a good time to try again. Of course set and setting are important. But different drugs tend to have their own personalities, some of which are more forgiving. Can anyone recommend a gentle psychedelic that is less likely to induce panic?

2c-b or 4-OH-MET are two very friendly psychedelics as long as you keep the doses reasonable.

Hey there

We don't really do drug suggestions, as since we're here for HR purposes really the only answer to 'what drug should I take?' is none ;)

That being said, if you tell us what you have access to we can to some degree guide you towards whichever would be most suitable for your goals, though really once you have a list of what you can get hold of it's not too hard to read up on the Big & Dandy thread here for that substance, or head over to the Trip Reports section and read up on other users' experiences with those substances.

Anyway, you've received some suggestions above ^^ what twigs said too - keep the doses reasonable and many psychs will be gentle; ramp it up and even mushrooms will ruin you.

What's a good psychedelic for someone who tends to freak out on these kinds of drugs?

I've had LSD and mushrooms in the past. Some good and bad trips on both, but the bad trips have outweighed the good. After the rough experiences I've felt tormented for weeks afterward ... it's hard for me to let go of the experience and move on.

Despite the risk, it feels like now is a good time to try again. Of course set and setting are important. But different drugs tend to have their own personalities, some of which are more forgiving. Can anyone recommend a gentle psychedelic that is less likely to induce panic?

None could be the only answer OR all of them if a different approach to taking them is adopted. What's happening that you are having trips that torment you for weeks?

Panic comes from thoughts and any psychedelic is going to play fuckery with your thoughts - if you tend towards bad trips that leave you tormented then you are going into a trip with that knowledge hard not to think of that sort of stuff. Are you taking big doses? Smoking cannabis along with them? These can cause plenty of anxiety.

Of the substances I've used I've found 4-HO-MET to be gentle at what is described as heavy dose levels on erowid, (but can get head fuckish when you get up there dosage wise too - I got caught in a loop after taking about 80mg over the space of a few hours).

I've found a good meditative practice lends to better control in a trip if things go south - I focus on my breath and it helps settle me down again.

Figure out why you are bad tripping before you continue.

Any dose needs to be treated carefully. Even on a very small hit of lsd you are still suspectible to a bad time.

Psychs amplify your thoughts and feelings and you dont want to amplify your negatives.

Thats my tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.