• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How long the 5htp will take to convert into serotonin

ryannn

Greenlighter
Hi i have start to roll molly since 2 months ago n i feel it is impressive, i love that feeling and i hope i am able to enjoy it every week. However when i go into the third roll , something happened. I am a very happy and super positive person in my real life, and full of love. However, on the third roll, something broken my heart, because i roll with a girl and she is going marry. I know i am not loving her but to be frank the sadness and dissapointment is there. However it become a starting point for my depression. Suddenly i feel the real life is so empty, i walk in the shopping mall alone, n the dead keep calling me to jump the floor, i was keep crying , i cannot be positive, i enter hyper depression mode, in the end i gain better, and i start my 4th roll, and 5th roll, in the end, my real life was ruined up because i got no happy emotional to handle my real life, all my friend see me character changes so fast, and i have nightmare every day. In the end i check the molly chemical and i realize it is about serotonin so i start to consume 5 htp one week ago. but now i still have the thinking to suicide, i stop myself, i keep increase my dose of 5htp, and now my real life still fucked up , how long does the 5htp will convert into serotonin?

5-HTP and serotonin can increase depression and thoughts of suicide by leading to increased activation of the 5-HT 2C receptors which are implicated in depression. In completed suicides, the patients have been shown to have markedly more 5-HT 2C receptors in their brain.

I recommend you do not take 5-HTP

the low level of the serotonin only cause depression, increase also create depression?

High serotonin receptor densities, specifically 5-HT 2A, 2C, 3, cause depression ,dysphoria, and anxiety. It is not anti-depressant. High levels of serotonin cause depression because they would activate these receptors, that is why SSRIs are considered highly unpleasant, anxiogenic, and dysphoric during initial treatment by a lot of people. They take a long time to kick in because they need to downregulate, in other words "destroy" these serotonin receptors.

oh shit... it is truth, just search for google, thanks for help... i will stop now, i feel depression still now, cannot get happy

no wonder my brain is keep feel sleepy although i ate the 5htp in the night, it is over activity

MDMA makes you feel good because the release of serotonin bypasses presynaptic 5-HT 1A autorecptors -which control serotonin release, shutting it off when synaptic levels get to high - allowing it to directly activate the postsynaptic 5-HT 1A receptors which release oxytocin, responsible for MDMAs entactogen effects. SSRIs do not do this because by blocking the transporter, ie reuptake, the autorecptors shut off serotonin release.

High serotonin receptor densities, specifically 5-HT 2A, 2C, 3, cause depression ,dysphoria, and anxiety. It is not anti-depressant. High levels of serotonin cause depression because they would activate these receptors, that is why SSRIs are considered highly unpleasant, anxiogenic, and dysphoric during initial treatment by a lot of people. They take a long time to kick in because they need to downregulate, in other words "destroy" these serotonin receptors.

OMG -- downregulate does not = destroy.

Downregulate means a lessening of the expression of receptor based proteins and/or the binding affinity of agonists. There is no destruction going on.

Receptor density and level of serotonin are not connected.

MDMA makes you feel good because the release of serotonin bypasses presynaptic 5-HT 1A autorecptors -which control serotonin release, shutting it off when synaptic levels get to high - allowing it to directly activate the postsynaptic 5-HT 1A receptors which release oxytocin, responsible for MDMAs entactogen effects. SSRIs do not do this because by blocking the transporter, ie reuptake, the autorecptors shut off serotonin release.

MDMA releases seorotonin, acts on TAAR 1, and also is a reuptake inhibitor - it also is a dopamine releaser and DAT inhibitor which adds to increased pleasure and reinforces behavior

Furthermore it has a slight MAOI action.

SSRIs can do the exact same thing -- but are dose dependent. Lexapro will cause euphoria and hypersexual behavior in sensitive individuals that consume a much higher dose than normal.

OMG -- downregulate does not = destroy.

Downregulate means a lessening of the expression of receptor based proteins and/or the binding affinity of agonists. There is no destruction going on.

Receptor density and level of serotonin are not connected.

I was simplifying: the cell sucks in the receptor, essentially destroying it.

I was simplifying: the cell sucks in the receptor, essentially destroying it.

No it doesn't.

Firstly, there is a receptor complex for serotonin. There are multiple sub receptors, only some of which become downregulated.

They are not sucked into anything.

Yes it does. Get some books on the matter before you decide to respond, please.
do

Pleas Don't try to educate me on serotonin receptor receptor; I have multiple books on them. You should get some, such as the one in the link I provided. You haven't read it; I have, multiple times

i gain better now since today i cut my 5htp , with a panadol to solve the drowziness problem

Well, was it after taking MDMA? If so, then yes, you should. Rhodiola with 3% salidroside wil help a lot more with drowsiness and added benefit with depression because of strong dopaminergic qualities. you can buy high quality pure powder extracts from a nootropic website. google one

Yes it does. Get some books on the matter before you decide to respond, please.
do

Pleas Don't try to educate me on serotonin receptor receptor; I have multiple books on them. You should get some, such as the one in the link I provided. You haven't read it; I have, multiple times

Not all downregulation involves retraction of a surface receptor back into the cell.