• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Possible solution to nausea from psychs?

ConspiracyTheory

Bluelighter
My GF has problems with nausea when taking virtually any psychedelic, with the exception of mushrooms. I was thinking that possibly taking Zofran and hour before would help her with this. The question I have is if there could be any potential dangers as she is prescribed both Wellbutrin and Zoloft for depression. I know Zofran has an effect on serotonin but I can't find how much of an effect in can really have, particularly if there could be a risk of serotonin syndrome when combined with the Wellbutrin/Zoloft. Can anyone comment on this? Thanks.

Yeah I think serotonin syndrome may be a danger, although less so than with many other serotonergic agents.

I guess she is better suited for things like ginger, domperidon, papaya extract, but other than that the antidepressants make it hard to counter.

I can't imagine why a selecitive 5-HT3 receptor antaganist would be contraindicative with the named drugs. I don't know how you'd go about killing yourself from a phamacological standpoint using ondansetron in therapeutic doses. It's only going to increase inter-synaptic serotonin insofar as it blocks binding at 5-HT3, which is negligible. So long as she is young and healthy I'm sure she'll be fine.

Last edited:
I can't imagine why a selecitive 5-HT3 receptor antaganist would be contraindicative with the named drugs. I don't know how you'd go about killing yourself from a phamacological standpoint using ondansetron in therapeutic doses. It's only going to increase inter-synaptic serotonin insofar as it blocks binding at 5-HT3, which is negligible. So long as she is young and healthy I'm sure she'll be fine.

It's not going to kill anybody, and ​is negligible. As for age - if you are using psychedelics, it doesn't matter what age.

Eat more until you barf, then voila! No more nausea.

How is that going to solve agonism of serotonin of 5-HT at its receptors in the GI and chemoreceptor trigger zone...?

Make a tea with ginger and lemon. Works well for LSD, Psilocybin and Amanita trips.

I discovered it myself, than visited another acidhead and he had the same thing on his table.

For St Pedro cactus: Licorice (root) with anice tea. I boiled it in a water bath in a jar.
Drink it as you drink the boiled down cactus tea.

Mint, mint oil, bitter herbs like wormwood and ground ivy may help.

The drugs.com reference doesn't actually say it is possible, it mentions major interactions. However those - like psoodonym said - may be misled, even at WHO and FDA level, and more like a blanket statement contraindication with regard to serotonergic agents, also argued here:
http://www.psychotropical.com/serotonin-toxicity-and-5-ht3-antagonists

So I guess it's officially warned for, but with no science to back it up.

Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking it should be pretty safe as the dose she would be taking would be a normal dose, nothing heavy. I might look into domperidone instead as well but I've read it's not quite as effective as an antiemetic.

Personally Iv always found DHP to be very helpful with nausea in any drug (DHP is over the counter dimenhydrinate) and I just always take a pill before hand

while the homeopathy and the natural alternatives can work usually those are very sketchy when it comes to actual cure and depending on the persons genetic makeup it can have no effect at all

I find medicine to be more forceful when it comes to effects and being very constant like if you took sleeping pills you will at the very least be sleepy and most likely will fall asleep it is not a choice you are going to feel sleepy (again unless genetic makeup interferes but the chances are lowered dramatically with known medicine expect for a couple exceptions like tramadol its sketchy as hell)

but with homeopathy its much more likely not to feel shit so my 2 cents is using known medicine with your girlfriend and having a more likely chance for a wonderful trip

P.S. also though interactions are a problem they are a problem with every drug and no matter what you are taking look throughly for interactions for whatever you decide to do you don't want your girlfriend ending up dying from a severe case of serotonin syndrome

-streetcow