• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

does mdma make you feel love? in your heart?

donsplum

Greenlighter
do you feel it, not to get too gooey, but in your heart?

your experiences? just wondering, for research, so please say as much as youd like about the topic. thanks.

EDIT: you all seem to be getting the impression that i am going to be doing mdma with others, though i suppose that is the normal thing people seem to do. i am not, doing it alone.

to be concise, i am wondering if mdma stimulates the same feelings of love in ones heart that one feels when at home with a loving family. that is the question i wish to be answered. what do you think?

^if that doesnt seem like it makes sense, its because i copied and pasted it from a reddit thread i made, and im very lazy. pay no mind, heed the true message. thanks

do you feel it, not to get too gooey, but in your heart?

your experiences? just wondering, for research, so please say as much as youd like about the topic. thanks.

EDIT: you all seem to be getting the impression that i am going to be doing mdma with others, though i suppose that is the normal thing people seem to do. i am not, doing it alone.

to be concise, i am wondering if mdma stimulates the same feelings of love in ones heart that one feels when at home with a loving family. that is the question i wish to be answered. what do you think?

^if that doesnt seem like it makes sense, its because i copied and pasted it from a reddit thread i made, and im very lazy. pay no mind, heed the true message. thanks

Yes it absolutely does, in the exact same way having sex with your lover, and hugging your loved ones does.

MDMA causes a large release of oxytocin. And oxytocin mediated feelings of love and belonging are reinforced by the dopamine and serotonin flood.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562632

This is likely the basis of the seemingly deep emotional attachment that can be formed between 2 people (who may have just met) that become sexually intimate while under the influence of MDMA.

It usually stimulates feelings of love for whoever is around you, or whoever you are closest to. However, when doing it on your own the experience is substantially worse, if not worse than being alone and NOT doing it. There is a craving for human closeness and contact when you are doing molly by yourself, and if you can't get that for some reason you get bored and antsy.

It does and I agree with the above guy that molly is one of the worst drugs to do alone. I have done it alone twice and got lonely both times. Unfortunately right now I dont have anyone to do it with.;

disagree about doing it alone. I've had excellent rolls alone. music, a walk outdoors...can't go wrong. If you've abstained for a long time and the drug hasn't lost its magic...you will probably have a great time alone. if you do it every weekend or every month at parties....and then do it at home alone....you may be let down.

How is this any different from your other thread? Lol, that you made months ago but it's still on the first page!

MDMA produces the same chemicals, yes, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, yes... but love is more than an emotion, love has connections, history, and experiences. MDMA with other people enhances those connections, relationship, and creates experiences. MDMA alone.. will yes give you those feelings, but can't really give you LOVE, imo. You may discover love for yourself, self-acceptance, etc, but there is something missing, personal connection.

Love is something you have to find in yourself. People can help you. Drugs can help you. But you need to discover, what is love to you?

It gives you a fantastic feeling, and can facilitate love for those around you, but I would be hesitant to say that it directly causes love. The feelings of love for others it can cause are also somewhat different to 'sober love' I'd say, it has a different vibe about it (still good).

It's like this cosmic, psychedelic connection you feel where the love or connection with others itself is not the direct focus, but marvelling in how miraculous and beautiful that connection is and that you have it.

In my experience if you take it around people you don't really have great connections with, or who you wouldn't really be able to build a great connection with, you don't really get this feeling. You will probably still open up and feel 'connected' to anyone but then sometimes it can start to feel fake either the day after or as you come down, sometimes during the roll, and then you just get this weirded out kinda feeling. This is why it's always best to take with a group of people you love, know well and trust, or want to build a stronger connection with, IMO.