• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Favorite Drug Movie!

NAKED LUNCH

david cronnenberg adaptation of the william s. burrough's surreal classic. totally nuts. took several watches to grasp it. haven't tackled the book yet....

while mostly a dope movie ("its bug powder for christ sake!") even better on disassociatives

A lot of good movies around the theme, but Fear and Loathing has always had a special place in my heart for some reason. I liked John Dies at the End too, but I'm a fan of the director (Bubba Ho-Tep!).

I love pulp fiction as well.
1. limitless
2. Pulp fiction
3. The wolf of wall st
4. pineapple express

Heroin related films

What's your favourite films that are about h.

i need something to watch from action films to documentary have you guys got any recommendations?

I forget the name of it but the movie with john travolta and someone else and that one girl goes down to rail some 'blow' and it turns out to be china and she ODs and blood comes out of her nose.

Yeah i fuck with that movie.

I forget the name of it but the movie with john travolta and someone else and that one girl goes down to rail some 'blow' and it turns out to be china and she ODs and blood comes out of her nose.

Yeah i fuck with that movie.

Pulp fiction

Also requiem for a dream is some crazy shit. I watched while I was high with absolutely no idea what kind of movie I was watching lol. Harsh times

They were said above but requim for a dream and trainspotting are both good ones and pulp fiction is like the best movie ever. Also Walk the Line, Alpha Dog, Easy Rider are all good and loosely related to dope. A Scanner Darkly isn't about heroin but is a really interesting look at tweaker and drug culture in general. Also vice news has interesting documentaries of various lengths. One I watched these dudes camped out next to a commercial poppy field and cooked up homemade dope

The knick....it's about a 1900s surgeon that IVs cocaine and heroin and smokes opium everyday

Oxymorons! Mostly a true story about these brothers who lived outside of Boston and robbed pharmacies for the OG Oxy 80s.
Look up the trailer for it on YouTube. It's fucking rad

^Sounds interesting. Is it a fairly new movie? Does the cast include any good/famous actors/actresses?

------------------------------​

I saw someone mention rush, eventhough it's a series I agree it's pretty great!

As for movies; requiem for a dream is my favorite I guess, midnight express also left a pretty big impression.

The rest have been mentioned; trainspotting, pulp fiction (eventhough I don't really think this one qualifies, there are 2 scenes about heroin, and they're not even that long.. They are memorable though, and the movie as a whole is awesome, I'll give you that. =D), etc.

I've never seen drugstore cowboy although I've heard great things many times. I might have to give it a watch sometime. I feel obligated to see it because I'm a druggie. :p

Requiem for a Dream hits me heavy every time...Go with getting into some Velvet Underground research via youtube--I know you really weren't looking for documentaries....

Panic in Needle Park.. someone else mentioned..That's a great movie as well.

Go retro? The Man with the Golden Arm....