Writing-up Effects of Antidepressants on Sexual Health (Survey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunldj

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I wanted to start out by thanking you for the opportunity to post here. I do so with all due respect to the community you all have created here and the goals/purpose thereof.

My name is Dan Dunleavy. I am a social worker, researcher, and am currently a PhD student at Florida State University (College of Social Work), in the U.S. My background is in addictions and mental health.

I am conducting a survey study for current antidepressant users regarding the drugs' impact on sexual health/functioning. The survey takes approximately 5-15 minutes, though it will take longer for some people. It is fully anonymous and all data will be reported in aggregate form. No personal identifying information is collected.

The only criteria to participate are that you are:
1) 18 years or older, and;
2) Currently taking an antidepressant (of any kind and for any reason).

The link to the survey is here:
http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_57tzMrCkPFPI4st

The first page of the link contains a list of commonly used antidepressants.

Ethics Approval: The study has full Internal Review Board approval from my university (PDF of the document available upon request).
Timeline: The study has been going on for a couple months and will run until the end of the year (2016).

I can be reached here with any questions: djd09e at fsu dot edu
and also at my research profile here: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Daniel_Dunleavy

I'll also be happy to answer any general questions about the study here or via email.

My best regards,
Dan

Last edited:
Thank you to anyone who has completed the survey so far. If you have any feedback on the survey itself I'd be more than happy to hear it. Feel free to message me here or at my email listed above.

I was happy to complete the survey as I'm a long term user of antidepressants, I have a (relatively mild) pervasive developmental disorder and I'm a graduate student, too. Good luck in your research!

happy to complete the survey for ya :) i've been on SSRI anti depressants for a long while, and i've found that they definitely have an effect on my sexual health

Just wanted to post a quick update:

The study is coming along well. Enrollment should stay open at least through the end of this calendar year. I've been lots of great responses and am eager to jump into data analysis, so I can share the results; but the distribution of M/F participants is wildly skewed. Not sure what to attribute that too. About 3/4 of participants have been women, which will make analysis of the male version of the survey a bit trickier.

Best wishes to all,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.