• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Brain damage after phenibut amphetamine binge????

logarithm

Bluelighter
After abusing for 10 days phenibut 60g and putting small doses of d/l amphetamine in the mix 1 to 5 mg, i had 7 hard sleeplees nights. At some point of all this trip i developed some symptoms that seemed to occur instantly and persisted until now 4 days after withdrawal and some sleep and seem not to disappear. Normally i am just tired and sleep. But now i am agitated and feel impaired in my mental capabilities. Before it was never like that. Pretty shitty. I used high dose creatine 5 g per day and 4,5 g fish oil per day since longer time for antioxidant issues. Unfortunately i didntnt put ascorbic acid in the mix...

My symptoms: general numbness of my body especially the left part of the body. My fine movements like typing on keyboard or walking or sometimes speaking are quirky, and impaired executive functioning like understanding complex stuff, planning, explaining. Also it seems like that my episodic memory is impaired. I dont remember what i did the days before or it is difficult to remember ways or recognizing a place as seen before...

So what happens now? What is it? Dopamine fucked? The brain damage like meth users experience it? Because i did read that when you get movement disorders your neurons are fried... Will this stuff recover?

It never took that long to recover. I need some good answers!!!!
Might it just be receptor damage or are neurons lost? Is it possible to kill neurons even i used creatine which seems to protect against dopamine neuron death?

Can you move that thread into the darkside forum?

Your receptors will upregulate again. Phenibut is a gabapentionoid drug that is also a GABAB agonist and dopamine increaser. Mixing this together with amphetamines will certainly desensitize your dopamine receptors and can take some time to resensitize again. Also the phenibut withdrawal can persist for some weeks. Fasoracetam may speed up recovery together with exercise, plenty of sleep, staying clean and good nutrition.

While I know this is difficult not to worry over, try to remember that worrying will compound not only your brain-fog but the stress will additionally tax your body. Eat right, stay away from substances and get sleep. Try to do something every day like a guided meditation to relax. Visualization of your brain healing, of your psyche expanding and taking in new essential knowledge (learning from your mistakes!;)) would also be helpful.

If you are worried see a medical professional and tell them about the drugs you have used.

D/L Amphetamine is not neurotoxic, and does not deplete all of your dopamine, especially not at the extremely low doses you were taking it at. Or were you using meth? Meth is extremely neurotoxic at any dosage.

You will recover, and will be OK. Stop using all drugs for the time being including the phenibut, and creatine, eat a well balanced meal, stay hydrated, take multi-vitamins, the Fish oil and Omega 3's are good to take, and make sure you get a lot of rest.