• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I heard coughing while smoking makes you higher, is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cannabiskid

Greenlighter
hello all%)
In the movie "Jackie Brown" the surfer babe talks about how if you cough when you smoke, it opens up parts of your lung that are usually not exposed to smoke, making you higher. is this true or bs. also does how long you hold in the smoke affect haw high you get, i heard that all the THC gets absorbed through your lungs in 3-4 seconds.
all input is appreciated.

naw i'd sick with the latter to be safe. coughing will make you not able to get enough THC. whatever gets into the windpipe is locked inside, pressure is built up by your abdominal muscles contracting and then the air is expelled at a high speed of 100mph.

coughing for an extensive time will probably make you more oxygen deprived which adds to the effect of being high.

No, when you cough you blow out all of the smoke and THC.

And it takes at least 20 seconds for most of it to get absorbed. When I smoke full agonist cannabinoids I hold them in for at least 45 - 60 seconds, and notice the strong effects to start kicking in around 20 - 25 seconds. Absorption takes a while. And it gets you higher as fuck. Hold it in for a long time and see how much higher you get. If I blew out AM-2201 after 3-4 seconds the effects would be like 1/25th of what they would be after 45 seconds. And it would be an utter fucking waste. Trust me. I've tested this many times and all second ranges with a lot of fucking cannabinoids including THC. Cannabinoids are my drug of choice.

No it's cannabinoid effects. I'm well versed in their effects. I know what cannabinoids feel like. I also can hold my breath for that long - as I am a swimmer - and do not get those effect. It cannabinoid activity, not a headrush.

No it's cannabinoid effects. I'm well versed in their effects. I know what cannabinoids feel like. I also can hold my breath for that long - as I am a swimmer - and do not get those effect. It cannabinoid activity, not a headrush.
prove it

How the fuck am I supposed to prove it? After 3 seconds and blowing out I barely notice effects from cannabinoids. After 20 seconds I get high as fuck.

I can't. It's my personal experience, assclass.

Pics? WTF? How would pics prove anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I meant. Lol. Sorry.

Why do I need to find a study? I was giving him my personal experience? Would there even be studies on how long people hold in pot smoke? lol

That's what I meant. Lol. Sorry.

Why do I need to find a study? I was giving him my personal experience? Would there even be studies on how long people hold in pot smoke? lol

no but there will be studies done on how long it takes for all cannabinoids to be absorbed into the lungs. the consensus is no longer than 4-5 seconds.

you hold in your tokes for almost 1 entire minute an you are neglecting the effect of oxygen deprivation?

c'mon, lad:D.

Don't call me lad. lol

But 20 seconds, in my experience, increase cannabinoid effects as opposed 3-4 seconds. I don't agree with the studies.

20 seconds will increase the lack of oxygen.

is oxygen deprivation an effect of cannabinoids? :\

or is it an effect of holding your breath?:)

It's not. It's cannabinoid effects I get. It's not oxygen deprivation. I just held my breath for 20 seconds, 45 seconds, and 60 seconds. I hold my breath for those amounts and even longer when swimming. I'm on a semi-professional swimming team. So I'm good at holding my breath.

It is not ​ oxygen deprivation people

Usually the strength of the weed is high grade when your coughing but coughing itself won't get you higher.

I always thought the idea behind this was that if you're coughing, you probably took a big hit(s). If you inhaled a lot, you're going to get higher, no?

Maybe I'm oversimplifying, but I just always assumed. I can't see why coughing would get you higher in and of itself, aside from making you light-headed, as others have pointed out.

I don't see anyone claiming that you get drunker if you almost puke on your beer, or nod harder if you scratch a lot. We just intuitively understand that it's the other way around. Not sure why the coughing thing seems to have stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.