• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Strange Phenibut Effect = Anybody Else?

theGirlWithBlueHair

Bluelighter
So last night I decided to take some recreational phenibut. I took 3grams. This was in addition to my medications which were 30mg temazepam, .1 clonidine, 150 bupropion, 200 topiramate, 100 butalbital with 600 acetaminophen and 80 caffeine, 900 gabapentin, 60mg of mirtazapine, celecoxib 100mg, 50mg diphenhydramine. The celebrix, firoricet, benadryl, and clonidine are all prns. I took them before deciding to take the phenibut. And I am hugely tolerant to all these medications. They have zero noticeable effects on me when taken at all.

So the phenibut kicked in. Typical effects. So I decided to take 40mg of baclofen. This is not a huge dose. It is used at 320mg a day for alcoholism, which means they take 80mg 4 times a day. So what I took is half of what they took at once. And I took two extra temazepams. Benzodiazepines orally have no effect on me in these dosages: I need really massive ones. The only time I ever got effects from GABA A drugs in normal amounts was from the times I've done zolpidem intranasally or received midazolam and lorazepam via IV push. (BTW, have any of you had IV midazolam - it's quite an experience - probably the best benzodiazepine experience there is!).

I was watching adult swim. I think it was Midnight and robot chicken was on; I dunno, I'm not sure, my memory is a little skewed. Next thing I know I wake up on the floor at 6am. And I have this errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise in my head constantly and it is just now subsiding at 5:20, along with the typical effects of nausea - I made the dumb idea of trying to smoke and puked all over the floor :/ lol - and my whole body feels, for lack of a better, real, weird ...hmm...vibratorious? It's not like a physical feeling though. It's like it's a part of that strange ringing - but it's not like the ringing you get with high blood pressure, I know what that's like from using stimulants intranasally: it's not a "ringing" noise" - errrrrrrrrrrrrrr sensation in my head. It's hard to explain really.

I've got this same feeling from taking high doses of baclofen shorty after going through my intense withdrawal syndrome accidentaly consuming 2000mg of it. I would nod out unexpectedly and wake up with the ringing noise and the body sensation, but it didn't last as long. So it is not from interactions with the other meds, as I did not take anything with the baclofen then.

So it is obviously just the phenibut and baclofen. And the GABA B activity.

Has anybody else experienced this from these drugs ever? Or can explain what the hell it is?

That is a LOT of drugs, wow. Your problem is combining all of them with phenibut, especially a high dose. You must have a hell of a tolerance because that would probably kill most people. Mirtazapine+3 grams of phenibut nearly killed me through aspiration. I got many of the same effects after smoking a cigarette as well, including the nodding out, so perhaps some of it is due to combining the three. But I ended up nodding out so hard that I didn't notice when I threw up while laying on my back. What saved me was passing out on a large enough pillow that I was upright enough for gravity to make me... not aspirate. You're on a good amount of rx drugs as it is, it's really not safe to be combing them with other drugs, the potential for interactions is huge. Just because the symptoms didn't last as long as the duration of the other drugs doesn't rule out interactions, if anything, interactions are basically guaranteed with the combo of drugs you took. I think, from my own personal experience, you just OD'd on a cocktail of gabaergic drugs as well as other sedating drugs. Consider yourself lucky because you're ok and be safe.

I said I got the same effect from baclofen alone, without combining it. it is not from the combination of the drugs.

I'm surprised you threw up with the mirtazapine. It's used as antiemetic and it's H1 and 5-HT 3 antagonism prevent emesis.

I shouldn't have mentioned the other medications... let me stress they are not involved in the effect I got; I got the same effect multiple times when taking baclofen with no other drugs involved.

And these are regular dosages of my medications. They have no bearing on my recreational drug use. They are at a constant blood level in me all the time and I take them all the time, on schedule, whether I use drugs or not.

Last edited:
I missed that part. Did this always happen on such high doses? I still think what you experienced sounds like an OD. Nodding out and passing out is characteristic of pretty much any cns depressant OD. What kind of effects do you get with lower doses?

As for mirtazapine, it is an antiemetic but apparently not strong enough to offset the nausea from phenibut and cigarettes in that case. It just added to the sedation. Just be careful with all of those drugs, you may be on a schedule but doctors prescribe risky regimens all the time, you may be able to handle it but adding other drugs to the mix can be very risky. Effects can be unpredictable, many if not most drugs aren't fully understood yet.

No it happened on reasonable recreational dosages of baclofen a couple of times and on phenibut this one time. The 3 grams isn't a high dosage for me. It's about the usual dosage I take phenibut at recreationally. And I have a tolerance to it because I've been taking 1000mg tid for a couple weeks now, so 3 grams isn't that much.

I said I got the same effect from baclofen alone, without combining it. it is not from the combination of the drugs.

I'm surprised you threw up with the mirtazapine. It's used as antiemetic and it's H1 and 5-HT 3 antagonism prevent emesis.

I shouldn't have mentioned the other medications... let me stress they are not involved in the effect I got; I got the same effect multiple times when taking baclofen with no other drugs involved.

And these are regular dosages of my medications. They have no bearing on my recreational drug use. They are at a constant blood level in me all the time and I take them all the time, on schedule, whether I use drugs or not.

You may think that just because you always take those other drugs and your body is used to it that there's no way they could have interacted with the phenubit and baclofen but you're sadly mistaken. If someone has a 10mg Xanax habit every day and they've been like that for 20 years then one day they eat a couple perc tens for the first time ever it could very well cause dangerous respiratory suppression, possibly fatal. Even though 20mg of oxycodone wouldn't kill anyone on their first time by itself it will still interact with the Xanax in your body even though you are very tolerant to it in your case you're taking all kinds of drugs that can interact with the 2 drugs you introduced and it ended badly. I've gotten pretty fucked up on baclofen before and it resulted in me being in a state of extreme intoxication similar to alcohol. But at the time I was also taking about 1500mg of gabapentin to help with opiate withdrawal. It caused me to throw up and basically feel drunk for 2 days and that was with a dose of about 120 mg of baclofen. On another occasion, I took the same amount of baclofen but I wasn't on gabapentin or anything else and I didn't get nearly as messed up or throw up. Those were the only 2 times ive ever taken baclofen. I've never taken phenubit but your thinking of all your other drugs couldn't have caused that reaction is wrong and dangerous.

I'm not trying to sound like a dick or a know it all but common sense should tell you that all of those drugs could cause an accidental overdose, which is what happened to you IMO.

Yes but the same thing happened when I took the baclofen without any other meds.

So the effects I have today when I woke up are from the phenibut alone. just like they were from the baclofen alone.

People please stop harping on the combination interacting - the most it did was make me sleep. It DID NOT cause the effects I am describing. How many times do I need to point that out? The same exact shit occurred when I took baclofen - pretty much the same EXACT THING as phenibut, another GABA B agonist - those few times, and I took ​no other drugs with it. Ergo, it is not an interaction.

And I am still feeling the phenibut's effects, the other ones have more than worn off by now.

Given what I said, common sense dictates that you all are clearly not understanding logic here.

Ok so basically you just want to know if it's ever happened to anyone else? The time I took 120mg of baclofen while I was taking gabapentin it happened to me. Pretty much the same thing you described anyway. Anytime I've ever done a bunch of drugs and have that hangover affect later on nicotine will make me puke. I still think the other drugs played a role but it's your body.

Not in the ringing effect and strange ringing, vibrating effect in my body I got upon waking up and still have a bit now. That is from the phenibut, and that is what I got from the baclofen. This is what I am wondering about, as I only got it a few times from the baclofen, and I've done baclofen hudreds of times. But this is the first time with phenibut. The other drugs did not contribute to this effect. So have you gotten this strange effect specifically? It's very bizarre.

They may have contributed to making me pass out with the phenibut - as it usually stimulates the fuck out of me and causes insomnia - which is why I was up one minute at 11 and then woke up on the floor at 6 - but that's about it, and maybe the nausea to - but then again, phenibut is infamous for that too. Most of the medications I took at night would have worn off by 6am, as I take them at 7. I took the phenibut at 10.

It's definitely the phenibut people, as every time I take my daily baclofen or phenibut dose today, I notice a small increase in the ringing and vibratory effects...

It's from the GABA B activity. It is NOT an interaction with my medications last night or it wouldn't produce the effects now, would it? It's a strange reaction that occurs sometimes in me and I'm wondering if this has sometime happened to anybody else with baclofen or phenibut?

Do not lecture me or say I overdosed. These are my prescription meds that I always take/been taking for years. I always take them, regardless if I do recreational drugs; they are always in me. I am not ruling out that they COULD cause an interaction; I'm not stupid...I know this is a possibility; I'm just saying it DID NOT happen this time.

All the combination did was make me sleep instead of the usual hypomanic state I should have been in. And that was probably just due to the extra temazepam. It had nothing to do with my standard meds.

The effects I am asking you about are from the phenibut.

Last edited:
I took 3 grams of phenibut once. Just once. I'm a large man, but 3 grams was way too much. I felt "drunk" off my ass that night, which was fun. I felt dizzy and nauseous all day the next day.

That's just a lot of shit you're already on. You can't assume that because you take lots of drugs, you have a tolerace to GABA B agonists like phenibut and baclofen. Those drugs shouldn't even be mixed unless you're taking smaller amounts.

I take GABA B agonists regularly. I take the maximum daily dose of baclofen. And I take 3grams of phenibut a day - 1000mg in three divided doses. I have a big tolerance to GABA B agonists...

Did you ever get the effect I was describing?

Yes, I heard the noise in my head and felt nauseous the day after too much phenibut. The phenibut hangover for me is worse and longer lasting than an alcohol hangover. Which is bad enough. I rarely take phenibut now, but I stick to low doses when I do. 1 gram is great with 2 or 3 beers. Low doses can boost the euphoria from alcohol without feeling terrible afterwards.

That's what I wanted to know. I wonder why I only got that effect a few times, only sporadically, you know?

Oh can it really? I didn't know that. thanks for the info. Baclofen never potentiated euphoria from alcohol, only added to the stimulating, talkativeness, which is not unlike baclofen itself. But baclofen lacks phenibut's dopaminergic effects. I'll have to test that out.

The only thing I've found to give euphoria combined with alcohol is bupropion, which it's pretty well known to do.

I found alcohol to be euphoric from the first time I got drunk at 15. It's still fun to me if I don't make it a regular thing. Daily drinking takes all the fun away.

A small amount of phenibut (500 mg - 1 gram) can make alcohol feel twice as strong. 3 beers feel like 6. This is a good thing if you're careful and stick to small amounts with both alcohol and phenibut.

Alcohol with bupropion can be decent. It's better with cocaine or dexedrine. Not that I'd recommend those.

Does it just boost the effects or does it actually create euphoria?

Why wouldn't you recommend them? They are likely safer than bupropion - not sure about the cocaine, but the amphetamine is.

The only time I got actually euphoria was the first time I drank alcohol. I drank half a bottle of gin. I did not get drunk; I only felt a strong sense of euphoria. But I was doing DXM regularly at the time. And the NMDA receptors are a major part of alcohol's effect, so that may be a part of why I didn't get drunk from that much booze.

Phenibut boots the effects for me with alcohol. If alcohol doesn't make you happy on its own, I'm not sure if phenibut would create euphoria. It might just make you feel more drunk.

I've been taking dexedrine off and on for the last 7 years. On for at least 5 of those years. I quit again last Monday. For good, for real this time! Lol.

Amphetamine feels great for a while. It made me more productive at work. I just don't want it anymore. It gets to the point where you have to be doing something all the time. You feel like you have to be productive all the time. There's no time to relax and enjoy life. You're either stimulated and productive, or you're crashing and lethargic / depressed. Life is better without it once you get past the withdrawal. I'm on day 8 of withdrawal this time. I've got a long way to go before I can wake up in the morning with energy, without taking a pill first.

I don't actually get drunk, though. I get baclofen/phenibut effects from alcohol along with dissociation typical from something like DXM. I only feel alcoho'ls effects on the inward rectifying potassium channels and the NMDA receptors, never the GABA A. I just get stimulated, talkative, and a little dissociated.

That sounds awful. Good luck and hang in there. I get that same feeling whenever I had to go through baclofen withdrawals.

Now that I think about it, the horrible feeling I got from baclofen and gabapentin that one time was more similar to yours. For a whole day after I woke up I felt that buzzing sensation. The worst part was this feeling of constant brain zaps to the point of my whole body felt like a skipping record. That's the only way I can describe it. Almost like tiny little seizures constantly. I was certain that I had done serious damage to my nervous system and thought it would never go away. It was a horrible feeling. I think after a whole day of feeling like that I decided to take a large dose of lorazepam because I knew I would never get to sleep. After it kicked in my body started to feel a little more normal and I went to sleep. In the morning I felt fine again. I was really scared for a while and was considering going to the hospital.