• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Fake Roche 2 mg Rivotril - Do they exist?

Ignio

Bluelighter
Hey.

I have notised a sudden decrease in price for 2 mg clonazepam (the only ones available in Denmark are Roche's 2 mg Rivotril). Do you know in general if fakes of these are being made in Europe?

And if so, is it possible to see a difference between the fake and the real pills? Loose pills is one thing. But pills in emballage and unbroken glasses is another thing, it would cost quite a lot to make a fake of all that. But I just want to get some general knowledge about the existence of fake 2 mg Roche Rivotril in Europe.

An awful lot of Clonazolam, the TRS analogue of Clonazepam, was manufactured and distributed from CE to the UK, given our recent PSA I would not be at all surprised if they made their way to the illicit market in such a way - pharm. staple amber glass bottles are very available to anyone, or any firm/group/network with half a brain.

The surplus of Clonazolam from different British vendors have to end somewhere of cause. But the falling prices I have been talking about have been happening over the last six months so we are looking at something that started before the UK ban.

Reports state that the fake pills are very similar to the real Roche Rivotril 2 mg's though the fakes are not as white as the real ones. But you have to have a real one and a fake to be able to see the difference. Otherwise the pill still include a cross at one side a Roche two dots and a 2 between these (see the picture, which is a real Rivotril). Have anyone else heard of this? Or is it a very localized thing?

CU7V8945

My main purpose with the post is to find out if anyone has seen fakes or an increase in fakes.

But there is probably no doubt the the surplus amount of benzo's from UK vendors might risk end up in fake pills claiming to be some benzo that are worth more than the RC. With the benzo effect the RC benzo possess it might be hard to see and feel if one does not know the effect very well.

I'm a huge fan of Rivotril - it's my favourite benzo and although I suspect my feelings are purely psychological in nature I have always preferred them to the generic 0.5 and 2mg pharmaceutical clonazepam that UK pharmacies now tend to dispense in favour of the Roche tablets.

Looking at certain online markets that provide illegal domestically supplied pharm grade benzos I have noticed that most of the boxed medicines on sale mainly consist of generic diazepam (activis etc) as due to there high level of medical use they are probably the most easy to divert from legitimate sources than other medicines containing benzodiazepines. With the exception of Alprazolam (which I find dodgy when it comes to domestic supplies as it is not a drug used by the NHS) there does not seem to be much of a selection unless you are willing to use a non UK based vendor, something that I would never consider as it is the spectacular range of benzodiazepines available from them that makes me curious regarding how many of them are legitimate medicines or fakes and border crossing mail just adds to what I consider an unnecessary risk.

In a previous life I admit that I have travelled across Europe 2 or 3 times a year in order to keep my Rivotril stash 'topped up' and did so through the absolutely inadvisable (that's my disclaimer regarding this method of behaviour) practise of 'doctor shopping', so all the Rivotril Tablets I have ever come across have been pharmacy dispensed and 100% bona fide.

I am of the opinion that most of the generic diazepam on sale on the domestic TOR markets are proper - as I have stated we have never hada shortage of them and as a controlled drug they attract the least attention when it comes to auditing their distribution and use compared to most other medicines, and as such I cannot see why (in the UK at least) anyone would go to the effort of producing counterfeit diazepam and packaging it as if it was real.

Once you are outside of the UK however it's a fucking free for all when it comes to the sale of counterfeit benzos as with the amount of various RC benzodiazepine material now flying around any tablet advertised as containing a specific benzo has a at a minimum a 50% chance of containing any one of numerous benzos and similar drugs, genuine 'Nitrazepam' may be nothing more that repressed Zopiclone, and products advertised as tablets of 'Temazepam' could logically contain an easier to obtain powerful medium duration sedative such as the potentially lethal Flubromazolam.

Take from that what you will but the more 'exotic' products sold as genuine pharm grade benzos have less chance of containing the correct AI or dose as advertised as a pose to something like Diazepam, which is a safer bet when using such sources as there are enough diverted legitimate products of it's type to satisfy the market.

Thanks for the link Kaden_Nite. It would be nice to be able to see both sides of the tablet though and put a real Rivotril besides it so one can learn to identify gives aways besides the one I already mentioned where fakes are slightly less white that the real ones.

But there is no doubt then, we have seen an increase in fake 2 mg Rivotril and the trend will probably increase until the RC benzo is depleted. Therefore, it would we wise to be extra cautious if buying benzo's from the black market in the foreseeable future.

Related to the subject, I have seen an increase in available 2 mg Flunitrazepam in Denmark. And this is very strange as Roche stopped production of Flunitrazepam in Scandinavia in 2004. As far as I know Roche still sell 2 mg Flunitrazepam in the UK. But this is probably also correlated to the RC benzo's and maybe also the introduction of Flunitrazolam.

There's a lot of fake benzos about. Xanax bar lookalikes are a common one. In the past few months a few have been sent in containing etizolam, others flubromzepam, one even contained fentanyl. Just as many counterfeit opiate pills around too.

Last edited:
This thread put me in the mood for some clonaz so i thought id try my luck at the local pharmacy (first time trying to score otc benzos in portugal)....30 2mg rivotrils for €4.29. She was going to sell me 60 2mg alprazolam tabs too but i declined as the were extended release. Looks like il be enjoying my time here more than i thought i would.

This thread put me in the mood for some clonaz so i thought id try my luck at the local pharmacy (first time trying to score otc benzos in portugal)....30 2mg rivotrils for €4.29. She was going to sell me 60 2mg alprazolam tabs too but i declined as the were extended release. Looks like il be enjoying my time here more than i thought i would.

Considering I haven't 'shoppped' for Rivotril in this manner for about 10 years that sounds about right with, erm, inflation and stuff (I am clueless when it comes to economics). The cheapest I ever paid was €1.79 for an amber bottle of 30 2mgs in Crete, the last time was in Barcelona where I paid €2.30 for TWO 28 X 2mg boxes. Sometimes I managed to get them straight OTC and on others well.... I had my methodology and It would be a breach a of the BLUA to repeat it.

Considering I haven't 'shoppped' for Rivotril in this manner for about 10 years that sounds about right with, erm, inflation and stuff (I am clueless when it comes to economics). The cheapest I ever paid was €1.79 for an amber bottle of 30 2mgs in Crete, the last time was in Barcelona where I paid €2.30 for TWO 28 X 2mg boxes. Sometimes I managed to get them straight OTC and on others well.... I had my methodology and It would be a breach a of the BLUA to repeat it.

Yeah I think saying you stuck a shotgun in the pharmacists face while screaming "listen Seve you're going to sell me your fucking benzos now comprendo!!!" whist wearing a pair of women's tights over your head would probably be in breach of the BLUA.....

Ooops.....sorry. :)

G, I'm going to have to issue another fictional infraction for giving my secret away.

There's been a hole in the tights for ages so on the last couple of occasions I have looked more like an elf than a stick up guy.

Should have turned it around so only the back of my head would have been visible.

Haha!! :)

It is rather odd though that some of out continental breatherin think benzos are safe to be OTC while you get a written warning just for asking your GP for a script over here.

I'm not just making that up either. A while back when I was going through an awful time after the death of my mother I asked some arsehole GP for a weeks Diaz script as I couldn't sleep and was going through terrible anxiety....a week later I got a letter from the surgery saying my request was "inappropriate" and doctors have a duty of care blah...blah....blah...and if it happened again I'd be asked to leave the practice.....

Just for asking.....

Pack of cunts.....

Wankers. Especially when you take into account that your a health pro and that you have more than the average persons insight into the risks associated with the overuse of these sort of medicines.

It's almost the opposite with me, I doubt my GP would prescribe Diazepam to most heroin addicts but due to my work experience she 'trusts me to be sensible' with them.

I feel a bit guilty in that respect to be honest. If only she saw how the 112 5mg's she gives me every 12 months or so compares to my current collection of the best and highest dosed RC pellets and the generic Clonazepam that I have in my stash box.......

Yeah I'm with a different doctor now and it's chalk and cheese. This current one (Dr. Mohammad) is a great bloke. He'll do anything to help, always calls me "mate" and insisits I call him "Mo" and is just super nice.

For example a little while back I was having a problem with these fucking fentanyl patches falling off when my skin got too hot and sweaty and so I ran out and rather than being a cunt about it he just said "no problem I understand and I've got a duty to try and help you" and wrote me up some more. Some doctors would have just said "well that's your fault and fent is a CD so you're not getting more now fuck off"......but he didn't

Incidentally I hate it when they pull the old "well that's a CD" line....as if that means that you should just be left to suffer "cos it's a CD". Or the other one that gets me is when they pretend that they can't prescribe something "cos they're not allowed to" when that is total bollocks and what they mean is "they don't want to" . if they are honest and explain their reasons then I'm fine with that but lieing to me or treating me like a total idiot just destroys trust. Some do treat you with a modicum of respect when they know that you are a fellow healthcare professional but some just treat you like a cunt regardless.....

I know Its not the same thing but I would never in a million years treat a patient the way some doctors have treated me over the years.....

***end of rant***

Last edited:
My work involved many instances of total irony - I sometimes would spend up to 2 or 3 hours on a shift insisting to a patient that they take a couple of mgs of Lorazepam rather than batting people off taking benzos.

Edit - I suppose the idea becomes less attractive when your mad as a fish and the lorazepam comes with a free 10mg dunt of haloperidol as well....

I have been getting 50 x 5mg tablets of diazepam and 25 x 5mg of temazepam every fortnight for the last few months. Was about to start tapering off them but latest health scare has put that off till thats resolved. I have had the same gp for ages so i have a good relationship with her. Never been a hassel to get benzos or opioids when i have legitimately needed them.

I suppose thats a factor with my doc as well. I've been prescribed diazepam on and off since I was 21 for my anxiety, and as my opiate abuse has been at many times partially motivated for use as an anxiolytic, she is now of the opinion that she would rather see me stick 20mgs of diazepam down my neck when I get stessed than stick a couple of bags into my arm....

As I was implying before it is 100% down to the doctor as to what you get.....

At the risk of making Stee green with envy about 7 years ago I used to get 140 x 2mg Rivotril a month by an incredibly lenient (or stupid) doctor....now I can't even get 10mg of diazepam.

Swings and roundabouts really. I'm also sure that benzos only seem attractive at the minute because I can't get them. If I had them they might not be what I need but I'd certainly like the oportunity to find that out for myself rather than have it imposed upon me..

As I was implying before it is 100% down to the doctor as to what you get.....

At the risk of making Stee green with envy about 7 years ago I used to get 140 x 2mg Rivotril a month by an incredibly lenient (or stupid) doctor....now I can't even get 10mg of diazepam.

Swings and roundabouts really. I'm also sure that benzos only seem attractive at the minute because I can't get them. If I had them they might not be what I need but I'd certainly like the oportunity to find that out for myself rather than have it imposed upon me..

It aint making me green at all G, you want to see what I ended up with in 2003 after going round my community clients to 'collect and dispose' of any medicines that were unused and no longer prescribed.... they were all for the bin so among the selection I kept back for my own purposes were a silly amount of 50 tablet blister strips of 2mg Rivotrils....... without going into the exact amount it was a strip or so off a 4 figure number 8)

Clonazepam is my benzo of choice. It doesn't make me drowsy unlike diazepam and it's better value for money. Half a 2mg pill sorts me out for the day.

When Pakistani Roche/Martin Dow pills were flooding the market, the 2mg Rivotril pills I've got look, taste and feel identical to the legit and quite expensive bottled ones that came from Serbian email sources.

I suspect the Pakistani Rivotrils I've still got are counterfeit, but they certainly work and don't contain any funky RC powders. I imagine in Pakistan, these Rivotrils are either being diverted from the manufacturer or the counterfeiters can get hold of any raw benzo powder to make a good quality fake containing actual clonazepam.

There are still loads of websites and B2B sources in Pakistan willing to send hundreds of thousands of these 2mg blistered Rivotrils. I wouldn't risk buying anything from PK again, but seeing as though we've got a large Pakistani population, I'm sure they still have their ways to get stuff past Customs.

It wouldn't be hard to copy a European pill bottle and fill them with Pakistani Rivotril.

Last edited: