• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin How long after my last shot am I "safe"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
It's 5am, and I have been doing shots of heroin every 1.5 hours since 11:30pm. I've been doing decently sized shots every time, but this last shot I did 15 minutes ago was a little bigger than the others because I was on the phone with my girl and not really paying attention. I'm kind of worried about it not however, because I can tell that my breathing is suppressed, but I'm too high to tell how much. I also have nod coming on and I'm a worried I may OD, and I don't know how to tell if I am ODing or not.

Now that I've finally finished typing this it has been 30 minutes and I'm just now starting to seriously nod.

Most of the time people OD while shooting up, some even have the needle still in their arm, but sometimes it takes a while, so if you think you're on the verge of ODing call an amublance now! Or at least call someone to come over and watch you for the next few hours!

Most of the time people OD while shooting up, some even have the needle still in their arm, but sometimes it takes a while, so if you think you're on the verge of ODing call an amublance now! Or at least call someone to come over and watch you for the next few hours!
That's just the thing, idk if I am or not. I'm kinda forcing myself to breath deeply at this point, but I'm not nodding out. Like, I could probably stay awake the whole high if I needed to. Is it safe for me to sleep or no since I need to focus on my breathing or I'll find myself...not...comtiniing to breath?

That's just the thing, idk if I am or not. I'm kinda forcing myself to breath deeply at this point, but I'm not nodding out. Like, I could probably stay awake the whole high if I needed to. Is it safe for me to sleep or no since I need to focus on my breathing or I'll find myself...not...comtiniing to breath?

If you have trouble breathing/have to force yourself to breath don't go to sleep. Call an ambulance or at least a friend to come over now!!

You sound like things should be alright, but yeah, I second at the very least, you should have someone come watch you. Or is there a way you can talk to your girl on the phone for a while?

Focusing on breathing is probably a good idea and I would also avoid lying on your back.

Edit: And DEFINITELY do not take more downers, especially alcohol, weed or benzos.

Last edited:
It sounds like you'll be ok, but only you know the severity of your situation. I second what the others said about having somebody watch you. Can you call your gf and have her come over? Try to stay awake as long as possible, so you can monitor your breathing! If you need to, take a shower, or at the very least splash some water on your face, to wake yourself up so to speak. Maybe have a cup of coffee, or something with caffeine in it.. If you feel like your breathing is becoming shallow enough to scare you, call an ambulance. It will be pricey and they'll shoot you with naloxone, so you'll have a shitty few hours of wd, but if it saves your life, than it's worth it.

These threads always scare me! And there isn't shit us bl'ers can do to physically help either! Besides our words of wisdom, our hands are tied, sucks!

Stay Safe bud, Hopeless 7nos

Why are you shooting dope every 1.5 hours?? I would worry more about your current breathing situation rather then when you can do your next shot. I understand compulsive redosing with certain drugs, like cocaine, but with heroin there should be no need to be shooting it at that frequency. With my worst habit I would do maybe 6 shots in a day.

Anyway, you should try to get a hold of some naloxone.

The fact that you're awake and posting is a good sign. When I overdosed, I snorted it and remember sitting down on the couch and that's it....I was stone cold out like a light and stopped breathing. You're just in that stage where you're REALLY fucked up and realized you did a bit much. In that situation I would always get up, walk around EAT SOMETHING like bread to get your stomach full and drink a bottle of water. Try not to fall asleep until you know you're coming out of it. If you can have someone come over to watch you that's a good idea.

It's 5am, and I have been doing shots of heroin every 1.5 hours since 11:30pm. I've been doing decently sized shots every time, but this last shot I did 15 minutes ago was a little bigger than the others because I was on the phone with my girl and not really paying attention.

Shadow, there are actually a few of us that care what happens to you especially at your own hand and iirc you're only 19 maybe 20 shit maybe 18, but what I'm getting at is even with the advice you've previously been given, sometimes at your own request, and despite you saying you know how serious the drug you're using is you still seem to act with ignorance to some fundamentals when it comes to IV Heroin - mate you shouldn't be half paying attention when you're mixing a shot of smack and then having that shot to only then realise fuck maybe it was to much.

Being on the phone while shooting isn't smart at least put the receiver down so you can pay attention, it's Heroin man not Meth. And yes why every 1.5hrs - are you just chasing rushes or are you shooting Fent. I hope you're ok SS, be sure to get back to us.

are you okay??? report back!
I once ODed in the late afternoon like 30-60(+?)min after my last shot after having been shooting H at least every hour or two all day long, because I was matching a friend I was w/ shot for shot who had a much bigger habit than I did. my shots were smaller but the cumulative effect was too much, I was used to only doing 2-5 shots a day TOPS, usually only like ~3. and like I said it was at least 30min if not much longer after I did the last shot that I sat down on the bed and sometime thereafter I woke up to my boyfriend leaning over me crying his eyes out about how "grey and cold she is", our friend freaking out hiding the multitude of illegal drugs in the house (we just so happened to be trimming several weed plants we'd grown in our house that day in addition to having a good bit of heroin out and paraphernalia related to the use of various drugs in the house), and an ambulance audibly on the way. my boyfriend said he used CPR techniques and it was mouth to mouth that apparently revived me.
I could go further into the details of the story (really?? even MORE details?). but I won't because the EMTs were stupid and pissed me off plus I think what they did was illegal.
anyway the point is -- I would have died if that had happened and I'd been alone. you're alone. PLEASE UPDATE. and don't hesitate to call 911 if you're worried! or at least call a good friend to come watch you who would call 911 if an OD was happening.

really hope you're not dead and are at worst in the hospital and at best just had a friend come over to watch you and are kicking it w/ him away from your computer. =/

Sorry I haven't been able to report back, I've been a little busy. I ended up eating while trying to stay awake as long as possible. My girl came over in the morning and according to her I was passed out sitting up with my phone still in my hand, but I made it through alright.

I'm not sure why I was doing it so often, I was doing smaller shots because I've always had a fear of ODing after a past experience, so I find myself chasing the rush instead of the nod. Yeah it was stupid to mix the shot while distracted, definitely will try to prevent that from every happening again. I'm sorry for the scare guys, thanks for the advice. I honestly don't know if I'd be alive if I didn't fight falling asleep for so long.

Bro, I just overdosed 2 weeks ago for the first time ever. I've been using opiates for the last 7 years and have gotten Scarry high before but never actually stopped breathing. All I did was snort a line of heroin that I didn't know had fentanyl in it and it took me out. The paramedics said I had already stopped breathing before they even got there and I was blue. Took 2 shots of Narcan before I finally came out of it. It's so easy to overdose on heroin in today's world, especially if you're bangin it. You really need to be more careful and stop doing it every hour. Doing more drugs when you're already high leads to mistakes that leads to death. My overdose scared me so much I got back on sub maintenance. You can be here one minute and just gone the next. I never thought it would happen to me because I'm so experienced but that put the fear of God in me man. Glad to see you're OK. Hope you decide to stick around for awhile.

Bro, I just overdosed 2 weeks ago for the first time ever. I've been using opiates for the last 7 years and have gotten Scarry high before but never actually stopped breathing. All I did was snort a line of heroin that I didn't know had fentanyl in it and it took me out. The paramedics said I had already stopped breathing before they even got there and I was blue. Took 2 shots of Narcan before I finally came out of it. It's so easy to overdose on heroin in today's world, especially if you're bangin it. You really need to be more careful and stop doing it every hour. Doing more drugs when you're already high leads to mistakes that leads to death. My overdose scared me so much I got back on sub maintenance. You can be here one minute and just gone the next. I never thought it would happen to me because I'm so experienced but that put the fear of God in me man. Glad to see you're OK. Hope you decide to stick around for awhile.
I'm always disappointed when I start using again that I nearly want to quit again, but I never do because the way I look at it I already spent the money and might as well use the rest of what I have, that's why I never seem to be able to stay clean for more than a couple months.

Anyway, I've always gotten medium-quality #3 heroin, but this recent buy I got really good-quality #4 heroin that's probably 3x stronger than what I'm used to, which is why I keep using it so much I guess. Since it's #4 it's just convenient/easy to bang. I've been abusing kratom instead of heroin recently but I don't know, I guess I just got tired of it. Hopefully I can stop for my girlfriend after I finish off this batch if dope though, I really don't want to lose her.

How long after snorting your dope did it take to OD/pass out? Did you notice your breathing change at all after snorting it? (sometimes it feels like my chest is collapsing, but only when I snort it. No other ROA does that)

I'm always disappointed when I start using again that I nearly want to quit again, but I never do because the way I look at it I already spent the money and might as well use the rest of what I have, that's why I never seem to be able to stay clean for more than a couple months.

Anyway, I've always gotten medium-quality #3 heroin, but this recent buy I got really good-quality #4 heroin that's probably 3x stronger than what I'm used to, which is why I keep using it so much I guess. Since it's #4 it's just convenient/easy to bang. I've been abusing kratom instead of heroin recently but I don't know, I guess I just got tired of it. Hopefully I can stop for my girlfriend after I finish off this batch if dope though, I really don't want to lose her.

How long after snorting your dope did it take to OD/pass out? Did you notice your breathing change at all after snorting it? (sometimes it feels like my chest is collapsing, but only when I snort it. No other ROA does that)

You will lose your girl and if you love her and you can't live without her you need to stop. Take it from someone who knows. My girlfriend kicked me out after I overdosed a couple weeks ago. Talk about being kicked when you're down. I've put her through hell over the last 2 years. She didn't know I started using again. I've stayed clean for her for 6 months before, but I always go back and she doesn't want me around if I'm using. Ive had plenty of chances with her, and I honestly do love her and care about her more than I could ever live anyone else. I'd take a bullet for her or her kids, but I couldn't say no to heroin for her and honestly I'm in such hell right now it would have been a lot easier for me if I had just died from the OD. I know that's horrible, but I miss her so much I'm just a breathing bag of despair. So please man, if you love her just stop. Do it for me, and do it for yourself most of all. Otherwise one day you're going to look back on your life trying to figure out why you're so alone and empty inside and you'll realize that you were so selfish you traded everything you cared about for a drug that gives you false happiness and just chews you up and spits you out, leaving with absolutely nothing. It's not worth it. Trust me

To answer your question, after I snorted it I walked downstairs, went in the bathroom and washed my face then sat down on the couch and went to text my girlfriend that I was heading to work and I love her and that's all I remember. I would say maybe 3-5 minutes after I snorted it is when I fell out. I didn't notice anything about my breathing, just trying to type I love you to my girl and having a really hard time keeping my eyes open. The next thing I remember were paramedics yelling at me. I wasn't breathing at all and was already turning blue. I asked them if I was actually dead when they arrived and they said I possibility had a very weak pulse but couldn't tell. It was scary as fuck man. For a minute after I started to regain consciousness and heard people talking to me and stuff I was trying to open my eyes and move my legs or anything at all but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. I thought I was in a coma or something and I was gonna be trapped like that but then I was able to open my eyes and barely move my leg a little and I started to come out of it. I'm never doing heroin again man. I'm not going to let it kill me.

This all happened at a coworkers house who is a drug user that I barely knew for a week but he asked me if I could pick him up for work the night before. I was just going to pick him up and go to work but I got there kind of early and he was doing his dope when I got there so I said fuck it and did some too. It had been a while since I done any but I only did 1 bag and I just snorted it. I never thought it would be that strong. Blood work at the hospital showed fentanyl. I think it may have been a pure fentanyl powder or one of those research fentanyl forms you can order from China or whatever because it did not feel like heroin at all. It didn't even taste like heroin. I should have gotten a huge rush since it had been like a month since I had done any but there was no rush or euphoria, just sedation. And it happened so fast I never even had time to realize something was wrong. I just went out like a light once it hit. The dude said I was sitting there on the couch looking at my phone and all of a sudden I just slumped over and fell off the couch down onto the carpet.

You will lose your girl and if you love her and you can't live without her you need to stop. Take it from someone who knows. My girlfriend kicked me out after I overdosed a couple weeks ago. Talk about being kicked when you're down. I've put her through hell over the last 2 years. She didn't know I started using again. I've stayed clean for her for 6 months before, but I always go back and she doesn't want me around if I'm using. Ive had plenty of chances with her, and I honestly do love her and care about her more than I could ever live anyone else. I'd take a bullet for her or her kids, but I couldn't say no to heroin for her and honestly I'm in such hell right now it would have been a lot easier for me if I had just died from the OD. I know that's horrible, but I miss her so much I'm just a breathing bag of despair. So please man, if you love her just stop. Do it for me, and do it for yourself most of all. Otherwise one day you're going to look back on your life trying to figure out why you're so alone and empty inside and you'll realize that you were so selfish you traded everything you cared about for a drug that gives you false happiness and just chews you up and spits you out, leaving with absolutely nothing. It's not worth it. Trust me

To answer your question, after I snorted it I walked downstairs, went in the bathroom and washed my face then sat down on the couch and went to text my girlfriend that I was heading to work and I love her and that's all I remember. I would say maybe 3-5 minutes after I snorted it is when I fell out. I didn't notice anything about my breathing, just trying to type I love you to my girl and having a really hard time keeping my eyes open. The next thing I remember were paramedics yelling at me. I wasn't breathing at all and was already turning blue. I asked them if I was actually dead when they arrived and they said I possibility had a very weak pulse but couldn't tell. It was scary as fuck man. For a minute after I started to regain consciousness and heard people talking to me and stuff I was trying to open my eyes and move my legs or anything at all but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. I thought I was in a coma or something and I was gonna be trapped like that but then I was able to open my eyes and barely move my leg a little and I started to come out of it. I'm never doing heroin again man. I'm not going to let it kill me.
in a proper relationshipe with true love you make exceptions for each other

in a proper relationshipe with true love you make exceptions for each other

hah. that's so easy to say when you've never been in love w/ a serious addict. I am deeply in love w/ my boyfriend, I've been w/ him for 8 years, my entire adult life and most of my adolesence ...but at this point (well he's in prison again at this exact point, but when he was last out) I had to stand my ground and refuse to live w/ him or even spend much time w/ him because he's a full-time tweaker and everything about him is completely unstable and it's just so toxic and quite frankly entirely unbearable, especially since I'm clean and have been for quite a while now. several months after he was released from jail last year he relapsed and slowly (EDIT: well actually pretty damn quickly honestly) got back on the path to being the way he was the last time I saw him before he got locked up again, the way he had been for a good while then, 100% incoherently delusional and psychotic due to his drug use.
it's awful. he is SO smart, he's never had his IQ tested but as hard as it is for me to concede I know he's definitely smarter than me -- and in middle school my IQ tested in the 150s. he's SO naturally good at SO many things, almost everything he tries. he could do almost ANYTHING w/ his life and do it WELL. but the one thing he has proven time and time again that he cannot do well is use drugs, meth particularly in recent years seems to have hit him hardest of all of anything in his life.
I want to marry him. at least get engaged, we've talked about it for years and he knows the rings I'd like are only $300-500 but he's never been able to not spend that much money on drugs to buy one. I want to live in a nice house w/ him and be a functional family unit. I want to have a LIFE w/ him.
I have given him more "second" chances than I can possibly count and I'm sure that I'll give him more. because I love him. and I probably always will. but as long as he continues to live this way I'll never be able to REALLY "be with him" in any way even remotely resembling the way we want to be w/ each other.
oh and yeah -- everybody in my life has told me at one point or another on multiple occasions to ditch him and my father (as well as 2 of my 3 siblings) despises every fiber of his being (mainly for a particular incident I won't go into here) and can't know that we're still together lest he cut me off. I've been waiting years now for my boyfriend to get his shit together for more than a single period of a few months so I can prove to my dad that he's not really a bad guy and that we'll be okay together. who knows if it will ever happen?

and I personally am an EXCEPTIONALLY forgiving person especially when it comes to my boyfriend. not everyone, probably in fact most people, are as patient, forgiving and understanding as I am, especially if they've never experienced serious addiction first-hand. IMO it is EASY to see how someone could lose someone that truly loves them to their drug addiction.

Last edited:
Don't even pay attention to anything Ganjcat posts. He's just a codeine addict that makes his cat inhale weed smoke so he has a friend to smoke with while he researches conspiracy theories on the internet all day. He was under a temporary ban but the troll is back

Status
Not open for further replies.