• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Does it ever end?

QuE-dAwEiRd1

Bluelighter
Ever felt like ur an Omen urself..Everywhere u go,anything u do,Sorrow,Misery and Sadness along with failure follows you around like a dark cloud...I'm trying to see a better tomorrow everyday but it never comes,it feels like I'm Gods jester..have to smile no one like an emo person

Sorry to hear you're feeling like that. I've been feeling similar recently ... and in the past. How long have you been feeling like this?

When the shit storm in my head matches the one I perceive outside my head I turn away from two things: 1) the human world and 2) my own chattering ego (the source of so much anxiety and angst). Try to get out in nature by yourself and then try to question the persistent thinking that turns everything outside back on you like a weapon (ie turning bad circumstances into self-doubt or self-hatred).

Ey I've been feeling like this forever..Nothing I good that happens lasts..Or if something good does happen bad things follow..in life,love,religion lol even in basic day to day living its sad..I try I give my all I work towards happiness but to no avail..I'm tired my head is overflowing with voices thought and I can't even trust my own judgement anymore..I'm scared of making choices coz no matter what I'm usually fucked..lost and depending on something or someway of escape..I left my substance abuse behind me,now that daily living is so hard I am seriously thinking bout getting on the codeine bus or any alternative one because my mindset and current status is slowly killing me..I am not a negitive person I try to keep believe in some sort of miracle I'm waiting working and yearning for it

Nothing stays bad forever, of course it will change. You just can't see round the corner right now. You suggest good things have happened (even if they didn't last). More good things will come along. What were the last good things you remember? Are there specific things you would love to change or do you just want to feel better each day?

I get the omen thing. I've even been told it by my parents at different times. Not using the word 'omen' but still implying that I'm poison to everything. I wish they understood - my mother, more than my father who is completely absent forever - that I don't fuck my life up because I think it's a laugh or that I somehow will gain from it. I fuck my life up because I'm ill. I make bad choices because I'm ill. I know I'm ill and I'm constantly struggling to be a better person, to make better choices - the worst is when you think you're doing well, or you've been strong enough to make a few good choices in a row, and it stills go wrong.

I hate to say it but 2016 sucks. It took Prince, a guiding light for me for half of my life, away from me - shocking me with the news that he was an opiate user (did he know what he was taking basically amounted to smack?) - and now this stupid country has decided to leave the EU. I worry for people like me at the bottom of the pile - we are not going to be taken care of. And the more I think about these things, the more I want to 'take care of' myself.

Self-obsessed soliloquy notwithstanding, it pangs my heart to know without doubt that there are millions of people feeling like this all the time. Do I have an answer? Not one I'd want to share with anyone. Stay strong I guess? For the people that need you.

Ever felt like ur an Omen urself..Everywhere u go,anything u do,Sorrow,Misery and Sadness along with failure follows you around like a dark cloud...I'm trying to see a better tomorrow everyday but it never comes,it feels like I'm Gods jester..have to smile no one like an emo person

Of course it ends, death is the end. In the mean time there will be lots of ups and downs but as the Buddha said, life is suffering.

I know exactly what you mean..I am also ill my mind has a mind of its own..sometimes after doing something,saying something or reacting to something it feels like I was outside my body watching this person from a distance..(Without substances)yes good things have happened and I am blessed with 2 beautiful boys very intelligent and just a blessing..my husband well he has his shortcomings but whenever I need him he is there but he just doesn't understand me,my thought he doesn't get Y I need to take pills to feel attached to my body and this world so I don't talk about this with him(he would think I'm crazy,and as gullible as I am I'll believe him)its a huge comfort talking to people that understand you I've searched high and low and ended up here..so yes good things come and go that's the circle of life,but its fucked up when the good and bad always come as a combo simultaneously...thank you for your replies..I'm no spoiled brat I appreciate all the little things and try to believe and it help to be heard and not judged..

I know exactly what you mean..I am also ill my mind has a mind of its own..sometimes after doing something,saying something or reacting to something it feels like I was outside my body watching this person from a distance..(Without substances)yes good things have happened and I am blessed with 2 beautiful boys very intelligent and just a blessing..my husband well he has his shortcomings but whenever I need him he is there but he just doesn't understand me,my thought he doesn't get Y I need to take pills to feel attached to my body and this world so I don't talk about this with him(he would think I'm crazy,and as gullible as I am I'll believe him)its a huge comfort talking to people that understand you I've searched high and low and ended up here..so yes good things come and go that's the circle of life,but its fucked up when the good and bad always come as a combo simultaneously...thank you for your replies..I'm no spoiled brat I appreciate all the little things and try to believe and it help to be heard and not judged..

U need to rise above the pendulum of good and bad experiences that life brings.theres ups and downs,side to side.everything in life is impermenent..u need to quiet your mind of all those voices and that awareness that is left is the peace of mind that brings happiness..u will never find happiness in the external world it comes from the internal world of your consciousness.

I think buddhism would do u well

Thank you.I'm from South Africa and never really seen or heard bout buddist temples or stuff but I'll be sure to look into it..need to find my calling and purpose

No one likes a dead addict who overdosed either. I choose what positively affects my reality now, not what lets me escape from it momentarily and makes it worse.

I struggle with depression, as does my sister and my partner. That weight on your chest feeling, like everything is going to be shit and pain forever, and how can you possibly survive it? I thought about suicide (from fantasizing about it to being surprised by good days where I wasn't actually wishing for it) every single day from age 12-26, peaking between 14 and 17.

I am happy now, and I'm watching my sister and boyfriend journey out of the dark and toward happiness too. My advice is to fight the pain and dark with every single tool you have. You are at war, and depression is your enemy. What helped me and my family may not be the same for you, but here it is:
1. Exercise. It's so fucking hard to exercise when you're down, but at least for me, it helps so so so much.
2. Sunshine. Hiking or walking/running outside accomplishes both 1 and 2.
3. Socialize. Studies show that people are more likely to kill themselves when they don't have strong social ties. I have crazy social anxiety, so making myself do this is hard. I cultivate relationships with "non-people", people who I am comfortable enough with that they don't drain me. I can be around those people in full-blown, unshowered, eating uncooked ramen in my sweatpants depression and not feel embarrassed.
4. Get out of your own head. Depression is self-focus. You think in loops about how painful and exhausting and worthless it feels to be you. Get yourself to a different head space. Get into something you love. Plant a flower, play with a dog, write a letter to a politician, help a friend move, kick ass at work, do do do things that aren't about you.
5. Positive self-talk and mental discipline. I thought this was bullshit until a friend convinced me to try it , asking me "what do you have to lose?" This was a big step forward. When I start to get down on myself, I now tell myself "I am good/worthy/lovable/fun/awesome at snowboarding/whatever". I consciously stop myself and try to think about something positive when I start to think in depressing, sad circles. It sounds like bullshit, I know. I think that sometimes I would let myself get trapped in miserable, self-loathing looping thought circles because there is something beautiful about the intensity of depression: you feel awful, but you feel so strongly. Repressing those feelings made me feel numb, which was almost worse. It's a trap: I got addicted to feeling awful because it was better than nothing. it was uncomfortable, but replacing those thoughts with a conscious effort toward self-positive thoughts eventually made the numbness fade. It was like sending my brain to the gym. It sucked at first, but it eventually really worked.
6. Medication helped me from time to time, but you gotta be careful. Low-dose Wellbutrin really helped my depression symptoms and I was on it on and off during the worst years. I'm off of it now. I'm glad I had trustworthy, caring mental health professionals who didn't try to push nonsense on me.
7. Eat healthy, lots of veggies, very little processed food. It makes a difference. Depending on where you live, you can find a group of (KNOWLEDGEABLE, MAKE SURE) hippie foragers who you can go hike with, dig up wild garlic, and cook with, accomplishing a bunch of these things at once. I did this with friends in Ohio and it was an all-in-one brain reset button.

i know all of this sounds like the fucking worst when all you want to do is crawl into a hole and never come out. When you are completely exhausted just by having to wake up in the morning and live the whole day inside your head, it feels unbelievably unfair that the way out always seems to be to do MORE shit. Depressed doing is a heroic effort, and you should be proud of it. Even just a little bit builds inertia. Try not to be overwhelmed, just focus on a tiny bit of doing and be proud of it.

i hope this doesn't come off as judgy or preachy, because that's not how I intend it at all. I just wanted to share what worked for me, because I remember how depression, being where you are, is hell. It's fucking hell. If anything that got me through might help you too, I just wanted to pass it on, because I don't want you to have to stay there.

all love and the best of hopes for you, friend.