• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone. Help

Jayhay

Greenlighter
I was withdrawing from percs yesterday and a friend gave me methadone. I looked it up and all I could find was that it helps when coping with withdrawing. Well I took it in the morning yesterday and it had me so messed up. High and what not. I threw up multiple times last night & followed with some from the other end. I was also told if I do any percs i will over dose. But no one told me any of this til after I took it. So now I'm freaking out. I'm tired as hell and want to take a perc this morning but now I'm worried I will OD.
Would it be safe to say it's out of my system?

We need more information. How many milligrams was it? Either way, methadone has a halflife of anywhere between 10 and almost 60 hours, depending on the person. So i would advise, if youre not withdrawing do not take the perc yet.

You said you were told if you do any percs you would overdose, and then no one told you this until after you took it. Are you talking about after you took the methadone? Or did you take a Percocet, and they told you after you took that? It's a little ambiguous

We need more information. How many milligrams was it? Either way, methadone has a halflife of anywhere between 10 and almost 60 hours, depending on the person. So i would advise, if youre not withdrawing do not take the perc yet.

This.
Methadone is quite powerful and can fuck you up for at least a day.
But we need more info about your habit etc.

And if you think you OD'ed call an ambulance.

Yeah, for future reference, methadone is way stronger and longer lasting then oxycodone. And I imagine that if you're taking percocets, you're oxy dosages are pretty fucking low. Let us know you're okay. Also, DO NOT take any other CNS depressants, like alcohol, benzodiazepines, etc. That will increase your chance of OD by a lot.

JayHay, please give us an update. We do care, and i definitely hope that youre alright