• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate withdrawl 1 eye crossed..

skittlesxo

Bluelighter
Forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am trying to get off opaites by detoxing at home. it happened to me before around day 5-7 my right eye went crossed but it went away,also when i relapsed one time my eye went back to normal so i know its from the drugs, i searched the net cant find alot from actual users...did anyone experience this while detoxing..how long did it last?? its so annoying ..everytime i detox my eye crosses inward and it lasts longer than the first timeit happpened, i went to an eye surgeon and he just said stop taking the drugs...whatcan i do,,does anyone else have expereice with this???

Lol its probably just your eye muscles spasming. I know I get crazy leg and arm spasms while detoxing, and not even after heavy use. I used 5MG of norco for 3 days in a row and had mad spasms. Nothing to worry about or be concerned about

Water and vitamins possibly could help

I hate to laugh at someone's pain... but, LMAO!! x) This made me laugh so hard, I just imagined myself in the depths of wd, and suddenly going crosseyed, so I guess I was laughing at myself and not you..

But seriously, I've never heard of anything like this occuring before. Is it involuntary? like you have no control over it?

- Hopeless

Cutting down or stopping, is still a good idea. In the end, it's all neurological.

^ Ah, great point!
OP, did you see a neurologist for this issue? They may be able to shed a bit more light on the situation..

- Hopeless Soul

^ Ah, great point!
OP, did you see a neurologist for this issue? They may be able to shed a bit more light on the situation..

- Hopeless Soul

no it was a optimologist [sic?] , when i close the eye that is not crossed and open the one that crosses..its getting better . its just when i have both eyes open is when my right eye crosses.

honestly laughed as well, mainly due to the fact it happened quite recently..
after hyrdrocodone and specifically brought on during u-4700 usage happened during
-fairly opiate naive tolerance wise.. plan to keep it that way

no it was a optimologist [sic?] , when i close the eye that is not crossed and open the one that crosses..its getting better . its just when i have both eyes open is when my right eye crosses.

Well Like Speed was alluding to, it may be a neurological issue..

- Hopeless 7nos

You are definitely not crazy. Generally I can run low on my meds before my refill day and it (the whole eye thingy) never happens. However, I have run out on 2 or 3 occasions and after having no drugs for 2 - 3 days, my left eye goes whacko. This really sucks since most of my days consist of me watching TV. The only thing that would really help was when I'd cover my left eye. Otherwise, I'd be seeing double and I hated it. It honestly made me want to shut my eyes and more times than not, I'd just doze off. So, the answer is that it's definitely the drugs/withdrawaling. Hope this helps to ease your mind. You are not going crazy!

huh. I for one tend to go cross eyed when I'm high on opiates, not when I'm withdrawing.
I imagine like one poster suggested it could easily be ocular muscle spasms; when I'm in w/d I have ridiculous freaking spasms all the fuck over my entire body ...except apparently my eyeballs ...but that's just me, like I said I can easily see how someone's eye's could be affected.

I used to go cross- eyed when I went into withdrawal so badly I was almost unable to drive, there were times I remember almost crashing my car while driving to go cop because I was sick in the morning and started to get badly cross eyed. Not only did they cross but vision also got SLIGHTLY blurry.

I would do a shot and instantly the cross eyed- ness would go away and I could see normally again.

Same same same - my vision completely goes when in severe opiate withdrawl that I have had to suffer even when I have had the money to cop, as I live 12 miles north of the city from which I got my heroin and could not drive due to how impaired my vision was.

It's one of the most irritating features of my experiences of severe opiate w/d - I hurt all over, I feel like I want to die etc etc but it's the night after night after night of insomnia that really drives me up the wall, and the fact that I can't just while away the time by reading is possibly the worst pain in the arse.

I'm usually over the worst of it by day 4 or 5 at which point my vision returns to normal as well, and my sight returns, as mrsnowy above has highlighted if I lapse (my vision sorts itself within seconds of smoking a few lines which Is my only viable ROA by this point as I cannot see well enough to do a shot).

My eyes do get locked crossed but the fact that my pupils are so huge (I look like I've just done 5 acids during the worst periods) probably contributes to it as well.