• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time trying opioids. Need advice.

arksenu

Bluelighter
So this is going to be my first time trying opioids, in this case hydrocodone. First of all, I would like to know if 10 mg as my first dose will get me sick. I just want to know if my starting point is OK.
Also, if any of you have any advice it would be much appreciated. :)

Its hard to say if it will get you sick or not. Some people are pretty sensitive to opioids. If I were you I would just take the 15ml for a dose of 7.5 and go from there.

doubt it. But everyones different, I know someone who has puked off 5MG of vicodin. The dudes a pussy period though. But dont stress about it, get ahold of promethazine or zofran if your really worried about it. Or take 5MG and wait to see how you feel and how it effects you

If you take 20 ml of syrup that's 10mg of hydrocodone. That is the same as taking 2 Vicodin. If you've never taken an opiate before try 10mg first. Some people will get nauseous if they are opiate naive but that is such a small amount I would be surprised if that happened. The first time I tried Vicodin I was opiate naive and I took 8 Vicodin the very first time. That's 40mg and it made me feel great. 10 years later I overdosed on heroin and died for 2 minutes. I'm lucky to be alive right now. Now I just wish I could go back in time to that day I took 8 Vicodin and smack myself in the face and take the Vicodin away.

I would start with 5mg, to be on the safe side, and if you dont feel the desired effects within 1 hour, take another 5mg. Also eat a light meal an hour before you dose, this will cut down the chances of naseua.

- Hopeless Soul

^^This. Learn to appreciate the dose at a lower level (5mg Vicodin). Opiate tolerance can go up pretty fast. The fun only lasts so long.

If you find yourself nauseous lie down in a dark place with your eyes closed. Opiate nausea sucks bad, and is normally the result of taking too much. Sometimes you just won't be able to avoid puking - it comes with the territory.

Well in my own experience.. the first time I did an opiate was 20mg oxycottin (Orange ones). IV ROA and I got slightly nausea but the feeling of euphoria was more prominent and my focus was on what felt better. Feeling sick VS Feeling good. I did end up puking but that never bothered me, made me feel better. Just remember your this is how I approached getting high. I didn't care.

I guess it all depends on how sensitive you are. But hey, if your gonna do it. Maybe test the waters a bit first with 5 ;)

Be safe!

Well in my own experience.. the first time I did an opiate was 20mg oxycottin (Orange ones). IV ROA and I got slightly nausea but the feeling of euphoria was more prominent and my focus was on what felt better. Feeling sick VS Feeling good. I did end up puking but that never bothered me, made me feel better. Just remember your this is how I approached getting high. I didn't care.

I guess it all depends on how sensitive you are. But hey, if your gonna do it. Maybe test the waters a bit first with 5 ;)

Be safe!

I agree, puking from opiates is not that dreadful, not nearly as bad as puking from alcohol!

- Hopeless 7nos

if you don't puke you might not be getting high. IME almost everybody pukes their first time getting high.
and tbh I don't think I know anyone who could get high on 10mg hydro their first time on opioids. my opiate naive little sister just did 30mg hydro her first time the other day and didn't even nod at all (but she did puke ...hate to say I feel it's almost unavoidable).
but go ahead and try 10mg and see how you feel. if it doesn't work then next time try 20, next time 30, so on, so forth.
puking's really not that bad though.

You will be okay :) as long as your not taking a super duper dose of it, you will pull through.

My main word of warning, deppending on your personality.. OPIATES ARE VERY ADDICTIVE.
That is all :)

just out of interest op did you obtain them legally or illigally ive been thinking of asking my doc to put me on something stronger for my crohns as the codeine dont do it for me as much but im worried about taking a big step up the opiate ladder where I cant step back to codeine may be I should just ask for 60 mg codeine.?

sorry to change subject but I tried asking in the pain management thread and have yet to get a reply...

I have never puked from opiates. Not my first time when I took 8 Vicodin, not the first time I snorted roxis, not even when I've ever gotten IV Dilaudid or heroin. I didn't even feel nauseous when I overdosed, I just fell asleep. I swear it's like I was born to be an opiate addict. I even had to take unusually high doses when I first started out. Doses on par with someone who had a moderate amount of experience and tolerance when i was totally opiate naive. The only time I ever got sick off an opioid was when I first got on sub maintenance. For about the first 3 weeks I could get a euphoric energetic and itchy as hell high. I would also sweat profusely and crave nicotine like crazy. I would be putting in horseshoe amount of skoal mint like constantly and smoking cigarettes WHILE I had a dip in. One time I was already on my second tin of skoal for the day after dinner (BBQ chicken) and I put dip in and lit up a cigarette after taking a sub and I turned pale as a ghost, sweat pouring off me and I threw up my BBQ chicken outside in the grass. I'm sure it was caused by the ridiculous amount of nicotine entering my system at once, but the subs made me crave the nicotine so the actual cause is debatable. The funniest thing about that ordeal is as soon as I threw up the BBQ chicken, all 12 of my mom's free range chickens ran up and started eating it like crazy. Not only were the chickens devouring vomit, they were cannibal vomit eaters. It made me laugh so hard at watching the damn chickens eating semi digested members of their own species that I puked a second time from the laughter. And the chickens absolutely loved eating the chicken vomit. Within probably not even a minute they a devoured every trace of the huge amount of chicken vomit. It was hilarious.

I would eat a meal and take half the 10 mg dose. The food should keep you from getting sick. See how you feel after a couple hours. You can take the other half later if it doesn't do anything for you.

Yes I agree with the meal part. Eat up first then wait half hour then take your hydrocodone

I have never puked from opiates. Not my first time when I took 8 Vicodin, not the first time I snorted roxis, not even when I've ever gotten IV Dilaudid or heroin. I didn't even feel nauseous when I overdosed, I just fell asleep. I swear it's like I was born to be an opiate addict. I even had to take unusually high doses when I first started out. Doses on par with someone who had a moderate amount of experience and tolerance when i was totally opiate naive. The only time I ever got sick off an opioid was when I first got on sub maintenance. For about the first 3 weeks I could get a euphoric energetic and itchy as hell high. I would also sweat profusely and crave nicotine like crazy. I would be putting in horseshoe amount of skoal mint like constantly and smoking cigarettes WHILE I had a dip in. One time I was already on my second tin of skoal for the day after dinner (BBQ chicken) and I put dip in and lit up a cigarette after taking a sub and I turned pale as a ghost, sweat pouring off me and I threw up my BBQ chicken outside in the grass. I'm sure it was caused by the ridiculous amount of nicotine entering my system at once, but the subs made me crave the nicotine so the actual cause is debatable. The funniest thing about that ordeal is as soon as I threw up the BBQ chicken, all 12 of my mom's free range chickens ran up and started eating it like crazy. Not only were the chickens devouring vomit, they were cannibal vomit eaters. It made me laugh so hard at watching the damn chickens eating semi digested members of their own species that I puked a second time from the laughter. And the chickens absolutely loved eating the chicken vomit. Within probably not even a minute they a devoured every trace of the huge amount of chicken vomit. It was hilarious.
uh huh...

maybe you should go on worlds toughest junkies

Ide hate to have a tolerance that high! Ide certainly be broke and have a hard time being a full time opiate addict. Only exception if I was millionaire ��