• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxy + benzodiazepine + blood pressure meds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarwater

Greenlighter
I had a friend get picked up with a bag of razor blades, snorting tubes, and three types of pills - OxyContin, benzodiazepine, and a blood pressure medication (all prescription).

What does this combination achieve?

The razors and tubes probably get you a drug abuse charge. The other three could produce euphoria or an anti anxiety effect, I suppose. The blood pressure meds and benzodiazepines would possibly help anxiety or add additional cns depression. At least the pills were prescribed.

As the first response said suicide... At least snorting benzos are a waste... Don't mix opiates and benzos.

The razors and tubes probably get you a drug abuse charge.

Maybe i should have asked a different way - why would someone take those three drugs together?

She did get picked up and she did get a drug charge, but I'm curious why an addict would take that combination of drugs.

^Well, opioids and benzodiazepines synergise pretty well, meaning that the combination is more euphoric than just one alone, but combining CNS depressants increases the risk of respiratory depression and death. Throw in blood pressure medication and her pulse/blood pressure will decrease rapidly, this could lead to death too as your organs like heart, kidneys etc don't get enough blood/oxygen.

Last edited:
Opioids plus benzos is a pretty standard potentiating combination, depending on what exactly the "blood pressure medication" was, it could be used to potentiate the opioids as well if it's something like clonidine.

So basically it's to get a stronger sedative/euphoric/painkilling effect than oxycodone alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.