• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why do you think the heroin epidemic started?

Sometimes I think we have never been as depressed. Being sober is tough, sadness lasts for so long. On the other hand, if one cannot make it through the quitting process it's like being in and out, especially from opiates imo which is also pretty bitter.

This entire war on drugs is failing. I believe Governments should expend more money with long term and more comprehensive treatments other than trying to put people in prison. Let's see what comes out of more people being able to purchase MJ legally.

1. Government is blamed, that it allowed drugs sale. People demand illegalization of drugs.
2. Government is blamed, that it outlawed drugs sales. People demand legalization of drugs.

Its just a ridiculous endless loop.
Extracted morphine got widely available in the 19th Century and was used as pain medication.
Civil war veterans got hooked on morphine. Morphine was considered unsafe and a social problem.
Heroine was considered to be safer and less additive and it was aggressively promoted by big pharma (Bayer).
Then was Oxycodone considered safer and marketed.
Eventually the first modern anti drug law (Harrison act of 1914) was implemented, to limit the availability of opiates. Black market, illegal production and crime emerged. Availability of pain medications was restricted and limited.
Then the lack of access to proper pain medication was considered a problem. And in 1996 Purdue Pharms "invented" a better solution in the form of the time released Oxcontin's, that was considered safer as the opioids marketed before. Eventually this resulted in abuse, too. Availability was restricted again. Illegal use of opiods rised.

Yes, I think all of the above was covered in different dates and pages. In the early 1900's and for a couple of decades later, the concept of using morphine and later heroin was never questioned. It was like it's now with food, nobody had the power to tell what you could or couldn't do to yourself. The issue started to be regulated when too many chinese immigrants created their own opium houses which triggered a lot of healthy as well as higienic issues.

About the Vietnam war, I read a lot and watched few documentaries showing that thousands and thousands of coffins were bringing giant amounts of pure and super uncostly morphine/heroin and lots of people were involved including the State Department. I believe that was when opium started to create its own DNA even stronger in the US. However, later in the 80s, when cocaine had a great impact that turned to a crack epidemy I noticed that this changed a lot of things and heroin was not as spotted as it was in the previous decade.

I believe that were a number of factors that all together contributed for this "epidemic" situation we are now facing, which later in the 90s as mentioned earlier also had the prescribed opiates prescription out of control. Addiction on opiates being so severe because of physical need, complicate these issues on a long term imho/e. There's also the increasing number of common plastic surgeries that also creates not only an obsession but also more addictive group of people.

Last edited:
I've been prescribed Dilaudid, morphine, fentanyl, etc. Now, no doctor, and self medicating. Getting expensive, but curious if H would be beneficial?

I want to know without being judged and looked down upon, you know? No need one else knows my pain but me

How long would it take to find a new doctor?

A new doctor could take a while, but an H habit could take a life.

I've been prescribed Dilaudid, morphine, fentanyl, etc. Now, no doctor, and self medicating. Getting expensive, but curious if H would be beneficial?

If you have the discipline. The diff between a pill script and h is that the pills run out so it's sort of a built in regulator against over use...h never runs out as long as the money is there...so it's harder to not indulge past the point of simply treating pain.

Fentanyl heroin that is mostly femt kind of sucks because it is so short lived of effects and the constant up and down makes it a shitty way to manage pain.

If it's true heroin, one dose was enough to get me through an entire 12 hour work day with amazing pain releief.

Heroin is just so dangerous now with the fentanyl though. If your h tests positive for fentanyl I would highly suggest a homogenization technique involving dissolution and filtration

If you have the discipline. The diff between a pill script and h is that the pills run out so it's sort of a built in regulator against over use...h never runs out as long as the money is there...so it's harder to not indulge past the point of simply treating pain.

Fentanyl heroin that is mostly femt kind of sucks because it is so short lived of effects and the constant up and down makes it a shitty way to manage pain.

If it's true heroin, one dose was enough to get me through an entire 12 hour work day with amazing pain releief.

Heroin is just so dangerous now with the fentanyl though. If your h tests positive for fentanyl I would highly suggest a homogenization technique involving dissolution and filtration

Anyone dabbling in dope needs to get some fent test strips, I think the usual harm reduction providers have them. Most dope in North East US probably has very little heroin in it at all.