• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 381: 7 Heavenly Virtues - Prudence, Temperance, Justice ...

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
This round's theme is 7 Heavenly Virtues - Prudence, Temperance, Justice, Fortitude, Charity, Hope, and Faith, suggested by fizzle.

sigmond

yaUyYuH.jpg

hydroazuanancaine

tumblr_o9nmqeVdz91u9yecko1_1280.jpg

herbavore

27860756770_09fe0280a7_z.jpg

socko

QDloKeO.png

poll will be open until July 14

Next Round's Theme: who knows make a recommendation here

Last edited by a moderator:
yaUyYuH.jpg

Runners finishing the final stretch of the 2013 Boston Marathon that was "stolen from them" five weeks earlier.
NSFW:
It was cold and rainy today in Boston. Still, thousands of runners laced up their shoes and headed to Kenmore Square. That's the site of the final mile marker for the Boston Marathon. On April 15, when two bombs exploded near the finish line, thousands of runners could not finish the most illustrious road race in the world. Today, thousands tried to remedy that with a one-mile run that covered the final stretch of the Boston Marathon - it was their chance "to run that final mile, stolen from us." link

Last edited:
damn this thread is already on fire. hydro where the fuck do you find all these photogenic ppl lol

hydro said:
nice photo, Mond.
Thank you! i had no intention to photograph the runners, the race just happened to intersect with my route to a sox game that day. i have better photos but i don't feel comfortable posting close-up shots that could possibly identify someone.
hydro where the fuck do you find all these photogenic ppl lol
with cool names like tmobile!

Last edited:
bump for submissions. open through this wednesday, july 6.

hydro where the fuck do you find all these photogenic ppl lol
they're almost all from a trip to savannah, ga. cool looking people down there. and on top of it being a much more art-friendly community than the city i live in, it's a lot easier to ask people if they're ok with being photographed when in the tourist frame of mind.

i don't feel comfortable posting close-up shots that could possibly identify someone.
makes me think of a sally mann quote ...

“Exploitation lies at the root of every great portrait, and all of us know it. Even the simplest picture of another person is ethically complex, and the ambitious photographer, no matter how sincere, is compromised right from the get-go. There are nimble justifications for making potentially injurious imagery, some grounded in expediency and others cloaked with familiar Faulknerian conceit: ‘If a writer has to rob his mother, he will not hesitate; the Ode on a Grecian Urn is worth any number of old ladies.’”

recently read the quote and have been looking for any opportunity to share it.

Last edited:
bump for submissions. open through this wednesday, july 6.
there almost all from a trip to savannah, ga. cool looking people down there. and on top of it being a much more art-friendly community than the city i live in, it's a lot easier to ask people if they're ok with being photographed when in the tourist frame of mind.
i figured it was somewhere in ga because of the scenery and atlanta falcons attire. if 'ghetto' hasn't been added to the banned words list, id use it to describe the place..(not that there is anything wrong with that)

makes me think of a sally mann quote ...
“Exploitation lies at the root of every great portrait, and all of us know it. Even the simplest picture of another person is ethically complex, and the ambitious photographer, no matter how sincere, is compromised right from the get-go. There are nimble justifications for making potentially injurious imagery, some grounded in expediency and others cloaked with familiar Faulknerian conceit: ‘If a writer has to rob his mother, he will not hesitate; the Ode on a Grecian Urn is worth any number of old ladies.’”
It's a great quote and one of the reasons i prefer taking pictures of landscapes, animals or assorted inanimate objects. Unless i am requested by someone to take their photo i feel uncomfortable doing so.
recently read the quote and have been looking for any opportunity to share it.
know the feeling! i used to do it on here with quotes from aldous huxley. I stopped because it started to feel as if i were spamming them. its amazing how many of his quotes are suitable for a variety of topics; especially psychological, sociological, technological, political, humanitarian. for instance regarding cellphone cameras “Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards.” :p

I thought this photo would do for about 5 out of the 7 virtues.

nice picture! herbavore. i love the cats and the hat :)

its hard to see but i believe i captured this church in the background, if so, if i didn't get all 7 before this must count for the remaining virtues.
NSFW:
7903157956_d7a23f1c58_b.jpg

hydroazuanacaine - great shot. Makes me really want to know about the subject's story :)

congrats to hydroazuanacaine and t-mobile winners of round 381

tumblr_o9nmqeVdz91u9yecko1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.