View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Maoi related risks with changa?

Seph

Bluelighter
So in the near future I may be getting hold of some changa and I was wondering what risks the maoi will have and what things I should avoid or whether it's not really a problem as it'sactivity is much more short lived with smoked maoi than an orally Ingested

Would it just be the same donts as aya or are some of these going to be ok after wards because the maois are shorter lived when smoked or the opposite were some of the donts could have much more serious problems . I'm not referring to the likes of alcohol or md which I'm guessing about a week should n long enough for but more in reference to foods as I noticed aspartamine is in the don't list but it's in many common drinks. And how long prior to smoking changa should I not consume anything off the don't list as I had md about a week and a half ago andim hoping that won't be an issue as if like to partake of changa during the summer soltice

I'd avoid the same things, but you probably have to wait a little less long after the changa because of the ROA and I believe the lower necessary dose people ingest with changa because of the ROA which potentiates the effect. Before the changa, I'd keep in mind the same rules since that has nothing to do with the duration of the changa but how long the other things stay in your body. I think a week and a half is more than enough for MDMA. For other things, it depends on how long they stay in your body.

Aspartame should be avoided because it metabolizes to phenylalanine and improper breakdown of phenylalanine can be quite bad for the brain, and can hinder other amino acids getting into the brain to keep up serotonin and dopamine levels - though I don't know if that basically IS the way it can be damaging.

Tyramine containing food should also be avoided.

I think generally it's not that easy to get a life threatening syndrome from mere nutrients and lingering low levels of RIMA, but considering the small effort of avoiding certain foods I think everyone definitely still should.