• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Mixing gabapentin and alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazda01

Bluelighter
I am curious if anyone knows if mixing high doses of gabapentin with alcohol is a dangerous mixture. I've taken 4.8 grams so far (taken different amounts throughout the day for stacking effect) and I am now having some vodka mixed with some fruit punch juice. I am probably only going to have 3 to 5 drinks, each drink has about a shot and a half maybe of vodka. Just curious if this is dangerous. I am not going to be driving anywhere.

Its not extremely dangerous, but it does carry a slight to moderate risk of enhancing gabapentin's side effects, especially dizzyness and drowsyness, take it slow, monitor your symptoms, and be careful.

- Hopeless 7nos

Its not extremely dangerous, but it does carry a slight to moderate risk of enhancing gabapentin's side effects, especially dizzyness and drowsyness, take it slow, monitor your symptoms, and be careful.

- Hopeless 7nos
thanks for the reply, i figured it would possibly enhance the effects of gaba as when i just take gaba i sort of feel drunk buzzed to begin with. Im already feeling tipsy from the 2 drinks I've had so i'll just keep it slow and easy.

Of course it can be dangerous. For starters, you can get spun out pretty bad. I don't recommend.

I used to drink a bit with my gabas and would always feel loss of balance and stumble around a lot

It can increase the respiratory depression from the Alcohol so there's one danger. The other danger is that drinking while on Gabapentin makes you look like the town drunk on payday. The last time i drank on Gabapentin was last fall and i took 800mg's of Gaba after drinking about a pint and a half of Rum. I didn't get drunk at all off the Rum but when the Gabapentin kicked in i literally could not fucking walk and my vision was a total blur.

OMG 4.8 grams ?? Jesus I was worried about taking 1.8 grams a day at times...
max medical recommended dosage is 3.6 grams so it's not like i'm taking 4 times the max dose or anything. as i said it was 900mg taken a bunch of different times throughout the day. i got a little tipsy but all was fine with the alcohol

In general, combining alcohol with Gabapentin will result in exaserbated side effects. In the name of harm reduction, this practice is not recommend.

Yeah, don't combine these 2. It will probably only result in you being very uncomfortably fucked up, stumbling around with blurry vision and behaving like an asshole.
Similar to Benzos+Alcohol but not that bad regarding amnesia. It is just an unpleasant combo unless maybe in very low doses of both (max. 300mg + 1 or 2 beers) but since you take grams of the stuff you should definitely avoid alcohol at all.

I drink on GABAs all the time and its amazing!! i feel they make the beer kick in stronger.

I am about to attempt this situation myself. I've staggered my doses of 3 grams each, taking 3 grams every hour. I am presently at 20 grams total of gabba. And am about to start drinking. I plan to drink a 24 oz can of 10% alcohol beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.