• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Second Opinion is now Life Advice & Visual Arts

SKL

Bluelight Crew
Life Advice & Visual Arts

this change was made to embrace the sub-fourm's love of art. this does not significantly affect what content is or is not suited for the sub-forum. so why change things up? to better reflect the content already being posted. and to make sure everyone knows all that Life Advice & Visual Arts has to offer. because it was becoming apparent that much of bluelight did not realize that arts not covered by other sub-forums (i.e. Film & Television, Words, & Music) were specifically covered under a sub-forum called Second Opinion.

let's take a moment to check out some of the amazing arts threads in Life Advice & Visual Arts ...

and don't forget about the phenomenal Bluelight Photography Contest!

there is an addition to our guidelines ...
SUB-FORUM APPROPRIATE CONTENT - Discussion of art that already has a designated sub-forum -- such as film, creative writing, and music -- does not belong in Life Advice & Visual Arts. Discussion of all other art (e.g. painting, photography, sculpture, architecture, dance, etc.) does. If you are not 100 percent sure if your art-related topic belongs in Life Advice & Visual Arts, go ahead and post it. Assuming it does not violate any other guidelines, it will be deemed appropriate or moved to the appropriate sub-forum for you by the ever pleasant and helpful staff.

while making edits, we also went ahead and added that plagiarism in the photography contest is a violation in Life Advice & Visual Arts.

this rebranding will hopefully attract new and appropriate traffic to both Life Advice & Visual Arts and bluelight as a whole. this is very exciting. tell everyone you know. feel free to share thoughts below. or recommend existing arts threads to be added to the list. if one doesn't already exist in your area of interest, please start a new thread.

enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm lava, I like the sound of that!

Hello all <3 <3 <3

nice work skl i like the change
emoji106.png

Hmmmm lava, I like the sound of that!

Hello all <3 <3 <3

I only just noticed the second forum title under your name.

I asked myself two things - When did this happen and when did we get a 'Life Advice & Visual Arts' section?

This thread explains both.

What more could one ask for in a thread? :)

<3

Ha ha ha yeah, they announced the new mods and name change last night. Threw me off a bit too but the new name is quite a bit more of an accurate description.

Hello thar crew! Ill be visiting you and wishbyou the best of luck

Xxx

=D

Glad to hear it! You strike me as the kind of gal who would have a good idea or two on how to spice things :)

Social could have a rival "Crap photo of the month" competition and get you guys to pick the crappiest photo taken.

Coz crap pics are technically an art too

I have some crappy good photos but I can't find a website that'll let me upload them without an email and you know, I'm 'off the grid'.

Last edited:
Someone asked recently, so I'd like to clarify that the "Life Advice" section of this thread still stands, just as it did in SO, so the car thread, the gun thread, the stock market thread, etc. and basically all that other stuff that's about advice & discussion of stuff in our lives that doesn't belong elsewhere are still here and are still very much welcome here!, although the forum has definitively decided to take a turn in the direction of creative arts, which was not explicitly in it's original purview but came to produce much of the more interesting and reliable content here and needs desperately a place to express itself. Let's see how both get along, because this is a place for both, but yes, with a new renewed advice on creative/visual art (other than Music, literature/Words, Film/TV which have their own forums)

Terrible name, even worse than "Social". Who the fuck names these things?

We all did. "Second Opinion" didn't describe well what we were actually doing. We want to move in the art direction but the second opinion part stays. I for one like the direction the forum is going in.

So… constructive input? Or just criticism?

Who all did? Sorry, I wasn't privy to the name change. Was all news to me at the time.

Glad to hear it wasn't your choice, Sadie.

We all did. "Second Opinion" didn't describe well what we were actually doing. We want to move in the art direction but the second opinion part stays. I for one like the direction the forum is going in.

So… constructive input? Or just criticism?

Just criticism. Have no problem with direction but the name is really terrible.

Personally I don't mind the name. What's in a name eh? I think second opinion captured the mood of the sub rather well when it came to life matters but it doesn't cover the visual arts side of things.

What would you have called it QR? Hmm, don't know what I would have suggested.