• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Does anyone's anxiety get worse at a certain time of day?

I'm laughing because Men At Work "Who Can It Be Now?" is on the radio and I'm singing along. That song and video is like the anthem for agoraphobia.

Lately, the anxiety is throughout the day and night with hardly any breaks at all from it. I haven't been able to sleep because of it. That's why I will be so happy when I can take a benzo next week and relax for once! I am no longer dating so hopefully that will help me keep my benzo intake low since I won't be so easily triggered.

Weed doesn't help for me. In fact, there's a possibility it will cause psychosis and paranoia so I try to stay away.

I'm laughing because Men At Work "Who Can It Be Now?" is on the radio and I'm singing along. That song and video is like the anthem for agoraphobia.

Lately, the anxiety is throughout the day and night with hardly any breaks at all from it. I haven't been able to sleep because of it. That's why I will be so happy when I can take a benzo next week and relax for once! I am no longer dating so hopefully that will help me keep my benzo intake low since I won't be so easily triggered.

Weed doesn't help for me. In fact, there's a possibility it will cause psychosis and paranoia so I try to stay away.

high CBD strains of cannabis work wonders for anxiety if you can legally get it
i dont mean to rain on your parade but be safe on benzos
i learned the hard way about benzo WD when i got put on temazepam for insomnia

high CBD strains of cannabis work wonders for anxiety if you can legally get it
i dont mean to rain on your parade but be safe on benzos
i learned the hard way about benzo WD when i got put on temazepam for insomnia

Yeah, benzo withdrawal is awful. I'm pretty experienced with it, but I still choose to take benzos when I get a chance because I know that for me, I have no quality of life at all without it.

I'm still working on controlling how much I take. I just want to use it to my advantage to ease up the anxiety and catatonic state I'm in and get shit done.

My anxiety is much worse in the day time, in waves throughout the day. Then when the sun goes down and its dark, i always feel much better. I notice that even when i sit in a dark room during the day my anxiety goes down quite a bit, something about the dark is soothing to me. I'm not sure why that is but I've always tried to work third shift because i feel much more comfortable at night. Everyone is different i guess.

My anxiety is much worse in the day time, in waves throughout the day. Then when the sun goes down and its dark, i always feel much better. I notice that even when i sit in a dark room during the day my anxiety goes down quite a bit, something about the dark is soothing to me. I'm not sure why that is but I've always tried to work third shift because i feel much more comfortable at night. Everyone is different i guess.

Probably because your brain starts producing melatonin and other chemicals, which promotes and aids in falling to sleep.

Yes, at 2:00 pm or so each day I begin to feel the jitters coming on... It's my minds way of reminding me over and over again that soon work will end and I'll soon have to go home... "Home" the place where my most severe panic attack occurred not that long ago... I just loathe the thought of going home.... So sad.!

My anxiety always gets worse later in the evening, like 9PM/10PM ish... I think it's because my body is tired and knows I'm going to go to bed soon. I'll start thinking of really horrible things, like ruminating on the day's events, negative thoughts, or horror movie scenes. I don't know if the anxiety comes before the thoughts.. or if the thoughts come before the emotions. You can't control your feelings, but you can control your thoughts.

At least I try.... lol.

Pretty much the same. My gf works nights, when I get alone and it's getting dark, I'm still like a little kid, when night sets or middle of the night being even worse if I don't have any benzos for a few days. Thankfully I got some seroquels 25mg and Surmontils 12.5mg to knock me out when I'm still up and about listening to intense no-nonsense podcasts about politics, where the guys I listen to and their guests often are proven right 6 months later, like the Russia thing, even CNN has been caught about lying about the Trump/Russia circus...not that Trump is great, he lied every single day he campaigned, according to actual statistics. Also stuff like pedophile circles, child trafficking and ritual abuse of children, which is corroborated by therapists all over the fucking world.

It's really annoying to have not to be anxious when in reality we should all be, a lot.

Song related :

Lagwagon - "No Little Pill"
i thought the west was won but
seems like i had just begun to lose all
ideals i once knew mountains and
transmutation anxious anticipation
these sodden skiey and burning views
short goals and grim objectives soon
rising seas will take your homes
benchmarks and sure salvation creation
and temptation black lungs sing vituous
hate songs antibiotics and disinfectants
germaphobes for stronger infection
cowboys on steroids love tabloids
expecting endless surplus soon they´ll
have nothing left to waste racing from
dogma to distrust unsure why they all
hate us

think about it the world defines you
think about it you should be depressed
and no little pill will make any difference

people for atto seconds bow to the
idiocracy media spun reality nightmares
comes every shut-eye still they won´t
see what they become still they won´t
see what they have done power mad
mass corruption blood money changes
everyone wake each day in panic
and distrust knowing that they all hate
us

think about it the world describes you
think about it you should be anxious

mornings are the worst consistently, but I usually get very anxious again between 3-5pm. It's probably around the time when my morning klonopin wears off. Sometimes a take a .25mg ODT Xanax to help me wind down. Agoraphobia suuuuuuucks!

^^^It is very true that people that think deeply about things have existential anxiety and need stimuli in order to break free from those thoughts. I am no different.

I am with you on the existential anxiety... it's a byproduct of all the splendid trips I've had, but mundane reality just mucks it all up in my head

Most morning's I awake in an anxious dream state, usually troubled dreams. After waking the anxiety lasts only twenty minutes then I feel good. I generally feel decent most of the day, until early evening when anxiety kicks in. Last thing at night when tiredness kicks in I feel better though I get sort of mini panic attacks as I am falling asleep where I think I am having a heart attack and struggling for breath.

I am most prone to panic during long winter nights when the darkness outside feels as though it is closing in on me and I feel suffocated by it, as though the space I am in is the only real space in existence and the dark outside is just void.

I am going through the painful process of getting SSRIs out of my system, I want them OUT of my life. This has increased general anxiety but in many ways I feel better.

Pretty much the same. My gf works nights, when I get alone and it's getting dark, I'm still like a little kid, when night sets or middle of the night being even worse if I don't have any benzos for a few days. Thankfully I got some seroquels 25mg and Surmontils 12.5mg to knock me out when I'm still up and about listening to intense no-nonsense podcasts about politics, where the guys I listen to and their guests often are proven right 6 months later, like the Russia thing, even CNN has been caught about lying about the Trump/Russia circus...not that Trump is great, he lied every single day he campaigned, according to actual statistics. Also stuff like pedophile circles, child trafficking and ritual abuse of children, which is corroborated by therapists all over the fucking world.

It's really annoying to have not to be anxious when in reality we should all be, a lot.

Song related :

Lagwagon - "No Little Pill"
i thought the west was won but
seems like i had just begun to lose all
ideals i once knew mountains and
transmutation anxious anticipation
these sodden skiey and burning views
short goals and grim objectives soon
rising seas will take your homes
benchmarks and sure salvation creation
and temptation black lungs sing vituous
hate songs antibiotics and disinfectants
germaphobes for stronger infection
cowboys on steroids love tabloids
expecting endless surplus soon they´ll
have nothing left to waste racing from
dogma to distrust unsure why they all
hate us

think about it the world defines you
think about it you should be depressed

people for atto seconds bow to the
idiocracy media spun reality nightmares
comes every shut-eye still they won´t
see what they become still they won´t
see what they have done power mad
mass corruption blood money changes
everyone wake each day in panic
and distrust knowing that they all hate
us

think about it the world describes you
think about it you should be anxious

The President is gaslighting America. We are facing demons. Aliens/Ufos are demons. Sacrifices and occults. These are the end times. The Antichrist is coming. The demons which include aliens/ufos are all a part of it with the government. It's enough to make anyone nervous and crazy as hell. Put on the armor of God and rebuke the demons in the name of Jesus. They had me literally paralyzed in my bed, full of anxiety, dread and the most horrible fear ever. The dreams were of the world ending. They were of aliens and a black spirit hovering over my body. I cried out in my dreams "Jesus! Help!" And I snapped out of it and back to my bed. We are facing evil. I will not be scared anymore though. I've been terrified and suicidal for months and I finally feel free.

Oh and the rituals, abductions and sacrifices are going on in National Parks. Thousands of people go missing and they are not even reported missing.
Look for David Paulides on YouTube. He actually had to fight hard to get the names of these people who disappeared mysteriously. And of course it's still happening. Can you imagine going missing and no one even reports it? The cops lie to the families who were looking for their children. They're all in on it.

Try not to fill your head with news and politics too much. It's not healthy to constantly listen to it. I think our problems come from being too smart actually. We're not blind to the truth.

What do you use to distract yourself from the anxiety attacks me myself are wondering because I suffer from ptsd,anxiety, and depression and the worse part about it is with my depression being almost constant threwout the day when I get off work in the evenings I now have nothing to do and I have absolutely no drive to want todo anything to distract myself from my anxiety which is a pretty fucked up cycle and way of life I am livening now I am allways at a loss in my head I feel like I am a window to people everyone looks right threw me like I'm not even their without a care in the world

I tend to not handle crowds or open spaces with lots of people such as shopping malls, clubs, etc.

Frankly this disease ruins my life...I can't go out and be with people, and as much as I would like to socialize, I tend to "disappear" or become "invisible" to the group and it just sucks.

Some days I feel like I'd rather be dead but even still I carry on.

I looked up guided meditation on YouTube for depression and anxiety. It really helped! I feel totally relaxed and at peace. Try it. There are plenty of meditation guides to help calm the mind.

I’m going to try a meditation video for sleep to meet my spirit guide in a lucid dream tonight. That might be kinda scary, but cool.

I find my depression gets worse as it gets dark.

As for anxiety, it isn't so much the time of day, but how much sleep I've had.

Soon as I've been awake about 24 hours or longer it starts seriously messing with my head. Both depression and especially anxiety.

That's only if I haven't taken amphetamines, if I've taken meth or something that seems to delay the effect for some time.

I find my depression gets worse as it gets dark.

As for anxiety, it isn't so much the time of day, but how much sleep I've had.

Soon as I've been awake about 24 hours or longer it starts seriously messing with my head. Both depression and especially anxiety.

That's only if I haven't taken amphetamines, if I've taken meth or something that seems to delay the effect for some time.

You're right, no sleep makes depression and anxiety heightened. I still can't really figure it all out. Sometimes there's a trigger for depression/anxiety and other times, it's out of the blue.

Nighttime used to comfort me, but now it seems to bring out dark thoughts and I ruminate over how much I hate myself, loneliness and all kinds of crap.

The anxiety meditation does work on YouTube, it's just about forcing yourself to do it.

Then I tried a sleeping one where you can meet your spirit guide and it was creepy as fuck! It's not a good idea. It felt like conjuring up some kind of demon. The dude was like "Ask the spirit guide its name. Introduce yourself to it. Take its hand." Wtf? You don't know who you're summoning. No more of that mess.

Last edited: