• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸DANGEROUS Drug Combos⫷

I used to come out of an h nod totally naked, put my clothes back on, nod out again, wake up naked, and so on for hours. Didn't know that was common. Speaking of heroin, taking it while on certain antidepressants (Lexapro for me) is almost always a mistake.

the nakedness is certainly a peculiar happening but i'm pretty sure paradoxical undressing isn't very often linked with heroin and anti-d's
but broad strokes; heroin plus any benzo is dangerous!
fuck, broader strokesaa opiates plus benzos in general is a no-no, oh and keep clear of alcohol too.

Don't know if it's dangerous or fun, mdma and ketamine, tested green apples. Best time I don't remember. Not fun

ive never felt closer to death as to when i was on welbutrin/ephedrine and beta blockers..ive taken many drugs in many different cocktails but beta blockers and stimulants and exercise do not play well together

Nothing like reading an old post about meds that a Dr. put me on all rolled into one big happy kill me pill. It's a miracle I'm still alive.

I mixed amphetamines with cocaine once and I was at the peak of the experience on both of them. I had some amphetamines and while it was kicking in I had a fat line of coke and my heart started racing really fast and I could feel the tension on my chest and in my head.

Not only dangerous but kinda pointless to mix them two together... Amphetamine stimulation is so strong that you never really get to feel a rush of cocaine. While you still feel coke headspace, it doesnt provide that kick, that rush of refreshing euphoria

Mixing different stims is indeed dangerous. I remember I drank a RedLine (lots of caffeine and stuff) after I did about a gram of high quality cocaine and felt like I was gonna die. I crawled onto the beach and dug myself a hole in the sand and had to just kind rock myself in the cold damp earth until the feeling of "I'm about to die" wore off... Not fun.

People don't often think about the potential risks of caffeine, but they're most definitely there.

I have sometimes read that people take beta blockers for stimulant comedowns. Beta blockers and stimulants is extremely dangerous and doesn't lower blood pressure; instead they can produce an extreme and dangerous hypertensive crisis via alpha receptors. Beta blockers should be avoided with any dopaminergic and adrenergic stimulants. It's dangerous and puts an extreme strain on your heart.

For comedowns or if you have taken too much stimulants, benzos should be the first choice. This is also what you would be given in a hospital; diazepam and lorazepam or some other fast acting benzodiazepine.

Toxicity question

Hi everyone I'm new here, so bear with me while I get used to the way things work.

Toxicity Questions
My friend got some "molly" it was rocked and had a brown tint she said, she took .05 at 8 pm and then .02 at 12 am. A total of 150 mg, thinking this is molly this would be an ideal dose however I am almost certain after doing research that it was mdpv. She is 21 years old and about 115 pounds, she's been feeling strung out since she took it it is now 7pm the the next day so it's been 24 hours and she has not been able to eat, no vommiting. Steady nausea and uneasyness/anxiety.
She hasn't slept at all and was up all night doing in depth research on cathonines and the different compounds of the sort. She has taken 2 mgs of prescribed klonopin which she has not felt one bit. We know nothing of these designer drugs other than what we've read online,... should we be worried?
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi everyone I'm new here, so bear with me while I get used to the way things work.

Toxicity Questions
My friend got some "molly" it was rocked and had a brown tint she said, she took .05 at 8 pm and then .02 at 12 am. A total of 150 mg, thinking this is molly this would be an ideal dose however I am almost certain after doing research that it was mdpv. She is 21 years old and about 115 pounds, she's been feeling strung out since she took it it is now 7pm the the next day so it's been 24 hours and she has not been able to eat, no vommiting. Steady nausea and uneasyness/anxiety.
She hasn't slept at all and was up all night doing in depth research on cathonines and the different compounds of the sort. She has taken 2 mgs of prescribed klonopin which she has not felt one bit. We know nothing of these designer drugs other than what we've read online,... should we be worried?
Thoughts?
What's her HR and body temperature? I'd ask for blood pressure as well but most people can't measure that at home. Those are essential to know.

Take another klonopin or other muscle relaxing benzodiazepine, or some anti psychotic medication.
Most likely she'll be fine.

One dangerous combination that I just thought of also is using methamphetamine/amphetamine in concurrence with asthma inhalers, I'm thinking specifically albuterol sulfate. I know that an overdose of albuterol is possibly by itself and can result in a heart attack, and I can only imagine what adding speed or cocaine could do.

Yeah this would definitely be a possibility and i have always thought about it as i suffer from chronic asthma and have to use a nebulizer which i calculated one dose of salbutamol 5mg/2.5ml inhalation ampoules to contain pretty much 5x the amount that is in one salbutamol asthma spray and along with the salbutamole neb solutuon i use ipratropium bromide 500ug/1ml and this combo raises my heart beat to on average 100 b/pm which on longh term scares me enough without the thought of amphetamines ontop of it which I do from time to time. Last time i took methamphetamine and used my nebulizer my heart rate reached 150 b/pm, that's scary shit!!![/QUOTE]

I have done this before after emptying out a full inhaler onto a mirror and snorting it when it dried. Then smoked some meth. Meth hasnt given me the pounding heart feeling in a long time but holy shit this definately did and it didn't go away for awhile. However, the meth high was very short and afterwards I was moody until the albuterol wore off and I did a few hot rails.

I do not recommend this combination.

I'm not certain if this chart has been posted before, UTFSE isn't helpful. I find this interesting. Data from CDC (U.S Dept of HHS):

https://d14rmgtrwzf5a.cloudfront.ne...cape/public/cdcwonder2016_9.jpg?itok=IQTBFH_l

This website is intersting to look at for causes of death, and expected lifespans in the U.S., though I believe there is some inaccuracy to these numbers due to the variances in how deaths are classified, poor toxicology technology that's pervasive (toxicology is barely a science - it is very often incorrectly performed, as methodology validation is difficult and sampling isn't consistent, or toxicology is not pursued).:

http://causes-of-death.healthgrove.com

Last edited:
Hi guys, serious question here. I was recently prescribed sertraline( Zoloft) for depression. I'm also in active use now (heroin), is there a danger in mixing opioids with Zoloft?

Am also on sertraline (among other meds for mental health lol) and an IV heroin user and have had no problems

I very good post! I would also like to add that even if it doesn't kill you and it's gonna do other things to you. From my personal experience: So about a week and a half ago I was doing cocaine and I had gone to bed at 6 am , woke up at 7 am to use the restroom and when I went back to my bed my heart was atleast going 150 (not sure but it was going fast) (mind you I did atleast 10 lines that entire night) and it gave me a panic attack not from my heart beating that way but it's cause I think I well a lil overboard and I had been on oxys at the time. I couldnt breathe and my chest hurt and I almost freaked the f*** out but controlled it with my mind to not.

Then a couple days later I tried meth for the first time and did so for 3 days in a row. I was fine, then i go to take 3 10mg oxy for that day 10 hours after I used meth last. ( I wasn't mixing the oxy with neither of them) and i get a panic attack a super painful one, my whole chest and left arm are painfully tingled, couldn't breathe, about to freak the hell out!

Same thing happened to me with a 3 year medical marijuana experience. I abused it, excessivly.
So I landed myself in the hospital the say after cause it wasn't stopping only getting to where I couldn't handle it.

They said I had a medically induced panic attack from the drugs. They gave me vallium, didn't work til the next day. Then I had to take the clonidine , hydroxizine, gabapentin, and nausea medicine for what happen & to get off the oxys, which i did yay me! Don't fuck with opiods! I just always think of the WD that will happen if I do ever go back on drugs, no thank you! And medically induced panic attacks! Thanks for reading

Please don't use this thread to ask if a certain drug combo is dangerous or not (for this simply make a new thread in Other Drugs). This thread is meant to put together a list of dangerous interactions and go a little in depth of the pharmacology behind the dangers :)

Summary: Lyrica can alter judgement and mask the effects of stimulants, creating a potentially deadly load on the heart, and the brain and body.

I feel my combination of lyrica and insulfated focalin is downright terrible. I take vyvanse in the morning, a dexedrine later, feel spun and irratable, drink lots of lyrica and feel it go away and feel drunk. Then when I get off work I start sniffing 10mg focalins. One focalin sober will make me spun. But on lyrica I'm sniffing them like it was cocaine. Over the period of several evening hours railing about 8 10mg focalin, If I did that sober I'd feel like I was having a heart attack. This combination must be very hard on your mind and body.

I was hallucinating my field of vision would flash white every few seconds.

Last edited:
I imagine concurrent use of stims and pregabalin would also be really risky in terms of lowering the seizure threshold too.

LSD while on Lithium. It's a bit unusual one, but potentially extremely dangerous (seizures and all).

Summary: Lyrica can alter judgement and mask the effects of stimulants, creating a potentially deadly load on the heart, and the brain and body.

I feel my combination of lyrica and insulfated focalin is downright terrible. I take vyvanse in the morning, a dexedrine later, feel spun and irratable, drink lots of lyrica and feel it go away and feel drunk. Then when I get off work I start sniffing 10mg focalins. One focalin sober will make me spun. But on lyrica I'm sniffing them like it was cocaine. Over the period of several evening hours railing about 8 10mg focalin, If I did that sober I'd feel like I was having a heart attack. This combination must be very hard on your mind and body.

I was hallucinating my field of vision would flash white every few seconds.

I can see how that happens. I remember being caught up in a Gabapentin/Vyvanse combo that went bad, led to paranoia.
Then Gabapentin/Ritalin.

I think Gabapentin/Lyrica potentiates amphetamines so it’s something to look out for. Or like you said, it can mask the stim effects more.

It’s exhausting actually. Glad I’m not on any amphetamines anymore. Still kinda miss it though because there’s no motivation now.
No one’s heart could put up with that kind of abuse for long and you’re constantly dehydrated.

Last edited:
Right, I no longer take amphetemines as they have no purpose for me and just lead me to use downers. Creates a nightmarish vicious cycle.