• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Enlightenment

Ninae

Bluelighter
Okay, I've been working on it for real for six months now. I haven't really wanted to say much about it, as I wanted to see how it would go first.

It has been a gradual process, but lately I've been getting some real, big results. As you know, I'm not a very moderate person, so I thought if I was going to try I would carpet-bomb it or make use of everything I could.

I'll explain more later, for now I'll just say I've found these practices the most helpful:

1. Yoga
2. Meditation
3. Breath work
4. Reading and reflection
5. Self-inquiry
6. Purification/Shadow-work
7. Prayer
8. Chanting
9. Music
10. Sun/Nature
11. Service
12. High-consciousness people
13. Raw/Vegetarian diet

(13 terrible things you can do) :)

You are already enlightened. Good luck on your journey humans :)

BEFORE ENLIGHTENMENT CHOP WOOD CARRY WATER

AFTER ENLIGHTENMENT CHOP WOOD CARRY WATER

hahahahhahahahhahahhaha

and i thought u were enlightened?

LOL. I know what you mean. But that's not the angle I was coming from.

It was meant as advice, not to start a discussion.

Advice on what, enlightenment? You're not enlightened though. Aren't you jumping the gun a few billion lifetimes? What if over time your advice causes cavities? Be very careful about giving advice to others on things you're not sure of. You might end up with a lot of enemies with rotten teeth. Not a pretty sight.

I would like if you could elaborate on how this connects to spirituality (which I assume is your goal). As Cosmic Trigger said, giving lifestyle advice, especially potentially harmful advice, without properly explaining the reasoning behind it, is not a very good tone of voice.

I didn't say I had completed the process. I meant it has begun. It could still take a lifetime (and probably will).

I just wanted to share what has worked best for me, for anyone interested. So the classics. I don't really care what anyone thinks I've experienced.

How can it not connect to spirituality? These are the traditional practices to bring about spiritual enlightenment. Or maybe that's not obvious to everyone, as people are so alienated from what real spiritual awakening is, but it's classical guru stuff (and the real deal gurus).

Last edited:
I didn't say I had completed the process. I meant it has begun. It could still take a lifetime (and probably will).

I just wanted to share what has worked best for me, for anyone interested. So the classics. I don't really care what anyone thinks I've experienced.

How can it not connect to spirituality? These are the traditional practices to bring about spiritual enlightenment. Or maybe that's not obvious to everyone, as people are so alienated from what real spiritual awakening is, but it's classical guru stuff (and the real deal gurus).

what exactly are you trying to complete or achieve? lol ..........

what is real spiritual awakening to you?

Let's get things into perspective. I said I wasn't talking aboit ULTTIMATE enligjtenment. I haven't turned into Adyashanti or become egoless/perfect over night.

That wasn't what I was trying to say. I'm coming from the perspective that we we're all, or at least most, born in some state of enlightenment. Before our true self is obscured in layers of ego, and we have the option to rewind and return to that state again. So when you've really started that process you're in the low end on the scale of enlightenment (no matter how many lifetimes it takes for you to complete it).

Anyone can do it. If I can do it, why can't anyone? I've been preparing myself for a long time, but only been working on it seriously for a year or so. Six months ago I started really clearing with everything that was available to me and started making progress right away. But it's first lately I've been noticing a real change.

It just feels like I've purified. I can feel my arising Presence and an inflowing light in my heart. I feel a love, joy, and peace inside I can't really explain. That's all I can really say.

I don't expect anyone to believe me, or even care, why would that even matter. I just wanted to share what seems to work for me for anyone interested. Or why don't you try for yourself, instead of just talking about it?

I appreciate the list, Ninae. I'm going to resume my meditative habits soon. Not that I think I'll transform into Buddha.

I think that there is an assumption that Enlightenment actually exists. Anyone know personally an enlightened individual? If so what makes you sure?

I'm sure millions of people have become enlightened in the West since the 60s. For sure.

Maybe not the mythological kind of Jesus/Buddha enlightenment, but the accessible kind. They learn to access higher consciousness levels and can develop skills like healing and extra sensory perception, etc. There can be a dramatic transformation of the nervous system and energy system.

Maybe a better word would be "on the path", but that's what I meant. To reach some perceptible level of enlightenment that is noticeable to you. It's sad that most people think it's just a legend or something unattainable, especially considering all the teachings we now have.

[video]https://youtu.be/FbXgG3DLNGY[/video]

Last edited:
You're sure? You seem to have a very low criteria for surety.

Enlightenment then means whatever one wants it to. Therefore I'm enlightened. End thread.

Well, have you read any of the modern teachers on enlightenement? David Hawkins and Eckart Tolle were two great enlightened teachers who made it accessible to the general public. Or how much do you know about the modern enlightment seeking community?