MAPS Writing a book on how MDMA saved my life- need a professional review

rjc70

Greenlighter
As the title says, I'm alive today because of MDMA and I'm writing a book to spread the word. I am a survivor of emotional/sexual abuse, toxic shame, and all the myriad effects those bring with them. In the book I attempt to describe my experiences and the psychology behind them as a framework for the reader to better understand how abuse can harm the psyche as well as how MDMA can bring it back. But I am neither a mental health professional nor a scientist.

Synopsis- A personal and analytical exploration of the psychological effects resulting from surviving childhood abuse, an exploration of its psychological effects on the survivor, and the unprecedentedly effective healing arc that can be seen with the therapeutic and guided application of psychedelics.

I am searching for a mental health professional and/or clinician to vet the psychological science, research, and conclusions contained in the book and comment and sign off on them. I can not ask my therapist due to the obvious conflict of interest.

I am still some time away from being ready to have this reviewed but I'm being proactive about finding someone. I believe having a professional's stamp of approval would give the book more weight. Based on my progress so far I expect the book will be somewhere around 200 pages paperback.

I have no idea what the sales will be like...honestly I'm assuming there won't be much so compensation would not be much but we would discuss that privately. This can all be done electronically so physical location is immaterial.

Please PM me your interest and thoughts.

Last edited:
Hey RJC70 - I'm right there with you regarding the lifesaving potential that MDMA has. I know you asked for PMs but if you haven't heard from anyone what about looking at the MAPS.org or Heffter Research Institute website and asking some of the MD's or PhD's that might have published papers on psychedelic therapy for help?

Hey RJC70 - I'm right there with you regarding the lifesaving potential that MDMA has. I know you asked for PMs but if you haven't heard from anyone what about looking at the MAPS.org or Heffter Research Institute website and asking some of the MD's or PhD's that might have published papers on psychedelic therapy for help?

What about going through a traditional publisher? I know Tom Shroder who wrote a great book called "Acid Trip" is a professional editor with experience writing about this field.

In terms of professional review, are you looking for more than normal "blurbs"? Publishers could maybe help with that, or you may just try to cal/email professionals in the field for help.

best of luck!!