• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in two hours I'll be floating in an isolation tank for an hour and a half. It's my first time and I'm absolutely stoked to finally get to try what's supposed to be the penultimate meditation experience. My best friend got me the float for my birthday and I could not be more thankful :D

I insufflated about 2-3mg of 3-meo an hour or so ago, and then just took 10ug of ALD-52. Not to try and get too trippy in there, but to just color it enough and hopefully give it enough of a boost to really go out there on my first time.

I can't wait %)

Phenibut was actually classified as a gabapentinoid. Working similarly to pregabalin and gabapentin in addition to its other actions on receptors. Interesting! I should actually be getting some soon. Besides flurophenibut, it'll be my first time getting some in a year or more. Though I do get my pregabalin Wednesday. Should be nice to exchange one for the other when I feel like it.

Will be getting into some DOC this weekend or next. Excited as I love DOC.

Yeah DOC! One of the best. By the way, how is flourophenibut? I've been curious since phenibut is one of my favorite things.

Xorky, your experiences are one to be beat. It seems every week you have a trip report that is no less than rockstar status. It is inspiring!

Heh, thanks. I have really cool friends and between various people I know I have a lot of connections into the music scene. So that opens up tons of opportunities for fun. And when I'm having fun, I like to go hard, it's something I like about myself and it's also various levels of being a problem for me, depending on how much control I exert over myself. Like last weekend, I went so hard I caught a cold, usually I can feel a little something start to sicken me and I just chill out, eat well and sleep enough and it goes away, so I'm 95% sure that would have happened if I hadn't partied all weekend and then decided to keep the party going the next day too.

I don't regret it at all though because last weekend was pretty much tied for the most fun I've ever had. Holy god was I euphoric, it was really something. And I met a variety of cool people too, and one of my best friends' entire extended family and old high school friends.

Also trying to apply for an education, mainly focusing on one for web developer... but I also stumbled upon mechanical engineering design and may consider it an option. I hope subsidy is granted for it if that if one of those is even really for me (I think so, but could use every bit of conviction on that I can get).

My dad and little brother both got their degrees in mechanical engineering. I think neither of them is passionate about it but it's led them both into extremely good jobs.

So in two hours I'll be floating in an isolation tank for an hour and a half. It's my first time and I'm absolutely stoked to finally get to try what's supposed to be the penultimate meditation experience. My best friend got me the float for my birthday and I could not be more thankful :D

Nice, I've spent 2 hours in an isolation tank once, it was quite intense and interesting. I smoked a lot of weed beforehand and sensations of movement and spatial distortion became extremely intense after a while. I think the small dosages you took are appropriate, I bet they'll intensify things pretty powerfully but not too powerfully.

Well, my new friend ended up staying in tonight due to a bad headache, so no epic plans for me. Probably for the best since I am still only 90% from my cold. I could have partied elsewhere but I decided to come home and read a book instead.

Last edited:
TAC (or anyone) do you like Burial? I find his music uncommonly creepy. Something about the boxy kicks and static-drenched percussion and pads. Its very ambient, very atmospheric. Really creates a dark mental image.

Burial's vibe reminds me of this creepy video:

Ya'know, I have no idea what I have or haven't posted on this site in the last year (a steady diet of booze, weed, and xanax will do that to you, hahahahah). 8:)D

willow said:
I have basically no hope for the future of our species but I still have hopes for my own life.

'tis quite the opposite for me, friend. <3 While times are grim (we are basically in the Diet 1930s at present, things aren't quite as extreme or quick developing, but the prospect of recovery from the second great economic crisis since capitalism came to rule the world actually seems worse than that of the great depression (the good news is that science has debunked racial superiority and a bunch of once seemingly logical ideas that led to unspeakable horror).

xork said:
My dad and little brother both got their degrees in mechanical engineering. I think neither of them is passionate about it but it's led them both into extremely good jobs.

Lucky for them, my sis got a 4+ GPA all throughout highschool, followed by a degree in chemical engineering from one of the top 30 US universities, and could not find a job in a year of searching. Now she's going for her masters and doing some interships in hope of getting a foot in the door, though her dedication to music, and being in multiple groups, playing multiple instruments, may be getting in the way of her studies....but whatevs.

Last edited:

I insufflated about 2-3mg of 3-meo an hour or so ago, and then just took 10ug of ALD-52. Not to try and get too trippy in there, but to just color it enough and hopefully give it enough of a boost to really go out there on my first time.

I can't wait %)

I can't wait to hear about this.

How was it?

Yes, I am curious too psy. I would somewhat like to experience an isolation tank. I actually get mildly anxious at the thought. :\

'tis quite the opposite for me, friend. <3 While times are grim (we are basically in the Diet 1930s at present, things aren't quite as extreme or quick developing, but the prospect of recovery from the second great economic crisis since capitalism came to rule the world actually seems worse than that of the great depression (the good news is that science has debunked racial superiority and a bunch of once seemingly logical ideas that led to unspeakable horror).

I feel like the unfolding environmental catastrophe is going to be a bite more than we can chew. That said, I am depressed in a subtle but persistent way. It is underneath nearly everything. I really hope the world isn't a fucking hellhole and its all in my head.

But yeah, certain things have gotten better. Or have they? Even if ideas like scientific racism have been debunked, its still in our general 'era' with the same basic methods of discovery that these idea's were introduced. There are still many people that believe such racial ideas and the number is increasing. The idea hasn't been laid to rest.. I truly do not think we have advanced all that much; in a way, its almost unfair to expect it. Human nature doesn't change that quickly. We shouldn't mistake shifting surface details and other cultural upheaval for lasting, real change.

I had another intense and weird dream last night. First I dreamed I was living in a small town with a bunch of people I grew up with, with my "wife" (who was some amalgamation of women), and this new religion became the popular thing. But we decided not to follow it (or any religion). One night I couldn't find my wife, and I looked outside and there was an angry mob with torches, yelling to me that they had her and they were going to kill us both because we were blasphemers. Then my little brother was in the house with me and we were panicking, trying to figure out what to do. My "childhood best friend" (who was Jason Segel from How I Met Your Mother) knocked on the door and came in, to try to convince me one last time that this new religion was the correct way to be. He and I had a long conversation in which I gave this impassioned speech to him, I don't remember it but I wish I did, I remember his reactions, from anger to pain to crying, to realizing I was right and that oppressing people over religion is wrong. He decided to stop being part of the mob but he said they were serious and we had to escape. I told him we needed to rescue ____ (whoever was wife was). He told me that they had her at the mall (???), so he led me and my brother out the back and around the mob secretly and we got into a van and drove to the mall.

Once there, my "friend" was gone, it was just me and my brother and our mission had morphed into finding my sister. We were kids, or teenagers anyway, again and we had my parents' van. This part is a little hazy, I remember we were going to various stores and I kept getting bored while my sister shopped and wandering around. Then my sister got me some sort of handheld gaming system and she started driving because I wanted to play it, and while I wasn't paying attention she scraped the van against some shit. Flash forward I guess, this happened immediately but she utilized the insurance to replace the van with a brand new, way nicer van, and my parents were there (but we were still in the mall parking lot in the same spot). I was worried they'd be mad but my dad was like, way to go, that was smart, now we have a new van. I was really surprised, I could have sworn he'd be pissed. I realized my sister had given me the game to distract me so she could do that, they all thought I'd have a problem with it. Made me feel weird, I was like yo, just talk to me about this shit.

After that my mom and sister wanted to go shopping more, and me and my dad followed them around for a while and then got bored and walked over to the hardware store. On the way I saw a phone store (in a bathroom for some reason) and I need a new phone (in real life, my iPhone's button has stopped working so I have to turn it off and back on to back out of an app or texts or something, and it won't turn sideways anymore either), so I picked one up and went to upgrade it. The sales guy met me in the parking lot, and we began the tedious process of connecting the new phone and checking my old phone to see if it could be traded in. This part was so realistic and detailed, and really, really boring. The guy kept "forgetting" that I wanted to renew my 2-year contract for a cheap price, the phone was gonna be like $900 without that, and he was like, what you want to do is pay monthly payments for it. He was like yeah, it'll take 3000 months to pay off, but it'll only be $30 per month. I started getting pissed because it was taking forever. Finally we got it all ready to go, the new phone was pretty sweet. Then I realized I needed screen protectors and a case, but I was like, shit, I hope this gets done quickly because I really have to pee. Right about then I woke up, and for a few minutes I was like, yeah, I finally upgraded my phone.... but I have to go back and get some accessories. Then I realized I actually had to pee, and that it was a dream, and that my phone alarm was ringing downstairs.

My brain is weird...

But yeah, certain things have gotten better. Or have they? Even if ideas like scientific racism have been debunked, its still in our general 'era' with the same basic methods of discovery that these idea's were introduced. There are still many people that believe such racial ideas and the number is increasing. The idea hasn't been laid to rest.. I truly do not think we have advanced all that much; in a way, its almost unfair to expect it. Human nature doesn't change that quickly. We shouldn't mistake shifting surface details and other cultural upheaval for lasting, real change.

Yes, unfortunately tons of people are still bigots... I think the recent American election proved that to me.

Just leaving this swirly Brazilian happy vibes here.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

I have the project from hell at work right now. We do this thing called "image concept highlighting", I had to create the functionality for it years ago, but it used to be highly manual, as in, I'd have to get this image, and use a graphics editor to record x/y coordinates and rectangular region widths and heights, manually, and enter them into a spread sheet which would create a series of arrays of coordinates that would be then "drawn" onto an image on a web page (using a module I created, before this we didn't have the capacity to do something like this), and are highlightable/clickable to select whether you, for example, like or dislike a part of the image. As you can imagine, it's time-consuming and pretty manual and error-prone. Could take up to a half hour per image.

Well, this project has 33 concepts, in 5 languages. So 165 different images. To make matters worse, they all have to match back to English so they can be compared, so in some cases some of the regions/phrases have to be flipped in order. Fortunately, a little while ago I completed a Java program I had been working on for about 2 years in my spare work time away from client work (which isn't much), where much of it is automated... you load images in and then use the program to drag out regions visually, and then the program spits out an XML file that imports and entirely creates the exercises in our survey platform. Thank GOD I finished this before this project, it turned a probably 90 hour project into maybe 25 hours and a whole lot less annoying/tedious (but still very tedious). Of course it's still the worst example of this sort of thing I've ever encountered or even really conceived of. But considering I have 2 other projects to be working on concurrently, it probably wouldn't have even been possible to do it all even if I worked 12 hour days through the weekend if I hadn't managed to get this program done before this project hit.

Still a huge headache especially trying to match them all back to English. This client is crazy, they have stuff in different languages that doesn't even match back to English at all, removing phrases, adding them, so it's going to be such a fucking bitch to keep it all straight.

3 down, 162 to go... 8) 8(

I got the email notification for this thread last night and GMail puts youtube embeds at the bottom for all of the songs linked - got a nice little playlist! Good taste, all. I love Burial, and Zomby in the same way. You guys would probably like Frank Bretschneider:

With the music talk I can't resist plugging my current project: https://www.tryptopain.com/

So in two hours I'll be floating in an isolation tank for an hour and a half.

How did it go?! I'd like to try this but I think I have a loooot of work to do on my meditation practice before I'd be able to take advantage. Good idea w/ the low-dose 3-MeO-PCP, I find it helps me let go of thought noise a lot.

That said, I am depressed in a subtle but persistent way. It is underneath nearly everything. I really hope the world isn't a fucking hellhole and its all in my head.

I have been dealing with the same for about six months. Just low grade anxiety in the pit of my stomach. Part of it I think has to do with worry about the current cultural/political situation, climate change, etc etc. I tried to "go into it" in a recent 4-AcO-DMT + 4-HO-MET trip with very little success. Any kind of anticipation, even of things I am looking forward to, brings a spike of fear. Phenibut helps a LOT but I am extremely wary of using it regularly. I also don't feel completely like myself on it.

I think part of the fear might have to do with low-to-mid dose psychedelics I've been taking avg of 4 times a month, ironically in an attempt to cope with the fear. Like my unconscious is cowering in a corner like "jesus what are you going to throw at me next?" I was talking about this whole thing with my therapist yesterday, saying I wonder what it would be like to put all substances down for a while and focus on a regular meditation practice. My gut says it would be a good thing to try. But I don't know if I have the balls or the discipline. The siren song of dissos is SO powerful.

Yes, unfortunately tons of people are still bigots... I think the recent American election proved that to me.

Not to pick on you... and I know you mean well... but this attitude is counter-productive. There is a huge spectrum of racial/cultural/gender sensitivity out there. A ton of the people we disagree with in the recent election are as "woke" as we think we are. There are also a lot of people being called bigots who are decidedly NOT bigots but have (un)conscious biases that they would probably admit to. But calling people bigots in an attempt to shut them up backfires by preventing any further dialog and divides people further. Moshe Kasher had some really insightful things to say about this on Pete Holmes's podcast recently, at around the 1 hr 41 min mark: http://nerdist.com/you-made-it-weird-344-moshe-kasher-3/

On a related line, this guy is a million times smarter than me. He cuts Trump too much slack but his reasoning and conclusions make me hopeful: http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

Last edited:
I agree with you that it's a complex issue, I'm just saying I have encountered quite a bit of bigotry still remaining. I'm not trying to say all Trump supporters are bigots or something ridiculous like that. I'm saying, my cousins and uncle are bigots. They think black people are lesser and they hate gays (and are honestly afraid of them I think). They think Muslims should all be deported or killed and are most likely terrorists. These are attitudes that are largely a result of their culture and rearing, and because of fear that has been instilled in them (which is IMO the root cause of all bigotry), but it's still bigotry and it scares me. And there are a lot of other people like them. My friend went to a Trump rally dressed as a muslim and the vitriol she encountered was really intense, from a lot of people. Some guy tried to shove her down the stairs (someone caught her fortunately), and she was made to leave and he was allowed to stay. I'm not trying to shut anyone up, I'm making an observation about what I'm seeing. I'm not saying most people are bigots or anything extreme like that. Just saying, it's out there in numbers, it hasn't become an isolated little thing, even though it's certainly improved in the past decades. And I'm also saying that I think the discourse propagated on both sides of things during this election served to increase the level of fear and vitriol that people feel and express, on both sides. I'm not trying to make a political statement.

Last edited:
Flurophenibut is nice. It doesn't last as long but is more potent and seemed to produce stronger effects. It's a bit difficult to compare that because of the length of time I haven't had phenibut in. It does feel closer to gabapentin though IMO. It's supposedly stronger at that receptor.

Might do DOC and DXM tonight.

With the music talk I can't resist plugging my current project: https://www.tryptopain.com/

Nice stuff there :). I like the description of hopeful music, pretty perfect for the sound. Is that you singing?

I have been dealing with the same for about six months. Just low grade anxiety in the pit of my stomach. Part of it I think has to do with worry about the current cultural/political situation, climate change, etc etc. I tried to "go into it" in a recent 4-AcO-DMT + 4-HO-MET trip with very little success. Any kind of anticipation, even of things I am looking forward to, brings a spike of fear. Phenibut helps a LOT but I am extremely wary of using it regularly. I also don't feel completely like myself on it.

I think part of the fear might have to do with low-to-mid dose psychedelics I've been taking avg of 4 times a month, ironically in an attempt to cope with the fear. Like my unconscious is cowering in a corner like "jesus what are you going to throw at me next?" I was talking about this whole thing with my therapist yesterday, saying I wonder what it would be like to put all substances down for a while and focus on a regular meditation practice. My gut says it would be a good thing to try. But I don't know if I have the balls or the discipline. The siren song of dissos is SO powerful.

Any lingering negative feeling sucks I think. Mine is just a sort of underlying 'why bother?'. I'll be having a good time, or be engrossed in something enjoyable and then I snap back to myself and sort of devalue whatever I am doing. Its like a tap on the shoulder saying 'don't relax, everything is still shit'. Its so annoying. I can't think of a way to stop it, its automatic. And I can relate with that sort of anticpation of something pleasant still causing anxiety, it happens to me and I sometimes want to avoid doing things because of it. I try not to though, I think that's probably a slippery slope to total introverted isolation. :\

The world gets me the fuck down. Its almost better to try and avert ones attention.

Not to pick on you... and I know you mean well... but this attitude is counter-productive. There is a huge spectrum of racial/cultural/gender sensitivity out there. A ton of the people we disagree with in the recent election are as "woke" as we think we are. There are also a lot of people being called bigots who are decidedly NOT bigots but have (un)conscious biases that they would probably admit to. But calling people bigots in an attempt to shut them up backfires by preventing any further dialog and divides people further. Moshe Kasher had some really insightful things to say about this on Pete Holmes's podcast recently, at around the 1 hr 41 min mark: http://nerdist.com/you-made-it-weird-344-moshe-kasher-3/

As with terms like 'racist', 'sexist/misogynist', 'SJW', etc. bigot is so overused as to be meaningless. Ironically, its the sort of generalisation that the more 'tolerant' dislike when people racially profile or discriminate by religion, etc. Its an instant thought and conversation killer. That said, there are real bigots out there that are highly problematic and counter-productive to society in general. For such people, its useful to understand where they are coming from. Most of the time, it is pointless to even debate them.

Do it. I'm a big fan of sobriety breaks. I went on hiatus for 3 months (well, except the lightweight stuff like tea, cannabis, and beer) from mid-July to mid-October, which is exactly when I started journal-keeping. I feel like I learned a lot about myself in that period of time, and now I'm just beginning another break from all major mind-benders.

It seems that psychedelics are an excellent tool for showing you that there's something deeper to life, and even leading to some real insights, but you really do have to put in the work to integrate those experiences, and that is best done without drugs. The problem with psychedelic insights is that they are somewhat state-dependent, in that once the drug wears off, the integrity of your new perspective begins to fade a little bit, like the memory of a dream once you wake up. IME, if you want to truly evolve as a person, you have to independently re-discover your psychedelic insights with a sober mind. Think of it like confirming the results of a scientific study by peer replication.

Also, there is no such thing as "balls" or "discipline" necessary for taking a break. If you think you're lacking discipline, that just means you don't really want to take a break, so why worry about it? But if you really do want to stop, then drugs lose their appeal, and zero balls are required.

Dudes, please send some good vibes towards my sister. She was at home for Thanksgiving (B.S. Chemical Engineering, currently studying for a masters in nanoengineering), and her job is TA (aka the person who does all the work, as some of y'all know, for the Space Mission Engineering class), and after many many hours of grading papers, she realized that a strict grading would result in all of her students getting a D or an F, so she had to stay up all night more than once, while attending classes, while starting an internship, while practicing for concerts, to come up with a new grading system that could curve shit to produce reasonable results. And she is a transgendered woman to boot. So much stress.

I got my sample of 3-MEO-PCE today after a lot of anticipation! It's a interesting dissociative so far. I've read about people saying these particular chemicals have a special magic (psychosis? :p) associated to them and after trying 3-MEO-PCP I completely agree. I noticed a lot of synchronicities while using them for example with numbers on clocks like 12:34 11:11 2:42 or people mentioning a random subject right as you were thinking of it. Last night I was up late reading everything I could about 3-MEO-PCE again and before I went to bed I posted on Facebook that I was "Thinking about Chinese food". Today I went and got some General Tso's chicken... as I was about to lay down I glanced at some random news and realized the creator of general tso's chicken died today!

Sorry if there are typos or if things sound weird... i'm dissociated as fuck and just had to share this with someone XD

Status
Not open for further replies.