• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Somatic Swirly Sepia Summer Sausage Stage Set Suppository

Status
Not open for further replies.
energy drinks.

Ew, why? Haha sorry if that sounded judgmental.

I heard someone say something that made me stop and think a little today: "Everything is amazing but nobody is happy." Not terribly deep, I know, but I agree with the sentiment. It made me feel nice. Like that warm and fuzzy feeling I inexplicably get when I think about the mind boggling complexity of wiggles that comprises the human body. Or when I remember that this is all out there.

Also growing plants: Weird madagascar plants (euphorbia, baobab), some pupping cultivar of peyote I want to partially graft on a vine-type cactus.. and have bamboo trellis on one wall of my bedroom that's supposed to get overgrown with morning glory and passionflower, looking for other vines.. and making salvia cuttings, also for other people.. I hope to get khat and other stuff too.. do any of you like plants like that?

I like plants exactly like that, lol. Having a living pharmacopeia is really worth it. I also have different type of clovers, but that's just because I like them :)

I enjoyed that comment, solipsis, ha !

Ew, why? Haha sorry if that sounded judgmental.

Well for one, you gotta get your B vitamins to guard against ethanol's neurotoxicity, two, when you drink as much as I do you get so few hours of such poor quality sleep (not as bad as you get with 24/7 meth use, but still), it takes a lot of caffeine to get up in the morning. Speaking of which, why the heck am I still up and drinking? Bleh, I should go to bed.

I've got a garden finally this year, a forest garden with the best area getting only ~4/5 hours of uninterrupted sunlight. I've got a variety of medicinal/herbal things there. I want to grow some salvia divinorum, and get some mescaline-containing cacti again. Problem is, I live in a cove, so there is a ridge behind me and across the street, and it faces west so between that and the trees I get direct sun from like 1 to 5:30.

Haha yeah, it does sound beautiful.
I live in a fucking apartment so I don't have much space for plants, I have only the plant pot friendly ones.
I don't like living in the big city. It can be lots of fun, but it keeps me away from nature and space is always limited. Looking forward to move somewhere else when profesional situation allows.

I've got a garden finally this year, a forest garden with the best area getting only ~4/5 hours of uninterrupted sunlight.

I'm looking for property with gardening space in Northern Cali right now. I'm more excited about tomatoes than anything else. Fun fact: home-grown tomatoes are actually edible, unlike grocery tomatoes.

I don't like living in the big city. It can be lots of fun, but it keeps me away from nature and space is always limited. Looking forward to move somewhere else when profesional situation allows.

Yep. Same here. I think it's downright toxic to be so removed from nature. That's partly why I think I started feeling a bit batty after living in downtown Boston for a year.

Hey TAC,

you should look into afobazole for social anxiety. phenibut is great too, but this one is pretty interesting. I've been meaning to get around to it, but haven't tried it yet. Its a russian drug and doesn't have any type of withdrawal or anything. seems to have some positive reviews. its easy enough to obtain.

from wiki:
Fabomotizole (INN)[1] (brand name Afobazole) is an anxiolytic drug launched in Russia in the early 2000s. It produces anxiolytic and neuroprotective effects without any sedative or muscle relaxant actions. Its mechanism of action remains poorly defined however, with GABAergic, NGF- and BDNF-release-promoting, MT1 receptor agonism, MT3 receptor antagonism, and sigma agonism suggested as potential mechanisms. Fabomotizole was shown to inhibit MAO-A reversibly and there might be also some involvement with serotonin receptors.[2][3][4][5][6] Clinical trials have shown fabomotizole to be well tolerated and reasonably effective for the treatment of anxiety.[7]

Experiments of mice have shown antimutagenic and antiteratogenic properties.[8]

Fabomotizole has found little clinical use outside Russia and has not been evaluated by the FDA.

What up, PD? Been a while. I'm making some big life transitions in the coming weeks - leaving lawl school, moving back to either Austin or Cali, and trying to get back into tech. Not sure on the details yet, but not being a law student anymore feels like getting fuckin' paroled, so I'm pretty sure I made the right decision. I was good at studying law, but I hated it, and I didn't actually want to be a lawyer. Too bad it took me a couple years to figure that out, but shit happens.

Ironically enough, I've been using etiz for the first time recently, to help get through a brief (but not brief enough to avoid w/d) relapse with fent. I'm really glad I don't get any recreational value out of benzos that I don't also get from alcohol, but I'm still making sure to keep doses low and skip or lower the dose for a day periodically, cuz benzo w/d sucks pretty hard too. Copious weed use certainly helps :)

Once I get my shit a little more figured out, I get to move into the psychedelic introspection phase of my little self-med ritual.

Oh, and a definite +1 on the phenibut suggestion. Used it pretty frequently as an undergrad. If you push the dose too high, it can feel a bit like being tipsy, or mildly benzo-numbed, but at the right dose it's great. Come to think of it, I have a bag lying around somewhere... Maybe I should try using that daily and etiz only for immediate symptom relief on really shitty days. Gotta be careful mixing the two, though, as the effects are synergistic... Psychopharmacological engineering is tricky.

Haha yeah, it does sound beautiful.
I live in a fucking apartment so I don't have much space for plants, I have only the plant pot friendly ones.

I will never live in a big city again, I can't fucking stand big cities anymore. My idea of hell is living in a big city. I'm from the Chicago area and my girl and I took the train in one day this past fall, and we wanted to leave almost as soon as we stepped off the train.

I'm looking for property with gardening space in Northern Cali right now. I'm more excited about tomatoes than anything else. Fun fact: home-grown tomatoes are actually edible, unlike grocery tomatoes.

Yeah me and some friends have a community garden at their house because they get full sun... this is the second year of it. This year we have tomatoes, beans, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, herbs, lettuce, kale, and strawberries. I've got strawberries at my house too and some greens. And you're totally right, fresh tomatoes are better in every conceivable way. As with so many plant foods, fresh is almost like a different food it's so much better. Grocery stores always advertise as being fresh but they're actually picked before they're ripe and they've been picked for days at minimum, usually at least a week, because of shipping, etc. They pick them unripe so they ripen during shipping but it's not the same at all.

Yep. Same here. I think it's downright toxic to be so removed from nature. That's partly why I think I started feeling a bit batty after living in downtown Boston for a year.

Totally agreed, I think it's a large contributing factor to the huge incidence of depression and anxiety we are experiencing as a culture.

We have had like 2 school shootings here in Finland over the last decade and you guys seem to get them every week huh?

Isn't the Orlando thing where I guy shot up a gay club and shot a bunch of people? Or was there a school shooting too?

But yeah America is crazy. In the 90s there were even more school shootings, it was crazy. Scared the shit out of me because I was in a high school when Columbine happened (basically the one that opened the floodgates). I remember a really outcast gothy kid when I was in like 10th grade I think got arrested at school with a gun after Columbine. Scared the shit out of me. We also had at least 2 bomb threats a year at school.

well to be fair, america is a pretty big place -- the entire country of Finland is only a bit bigger than the state i live in, Michigan. but yeah, it is turning into a bit of an epidemic. and there's no easy solution... lots of people are rallying for stricter gun control laws, but there are so many guns in America already, and extremists are going to get their hands on weapons whether its legal or not...

yeah I know how big it is.. or well I don't because I've never been to the US so can't really realize it but it just feels so alien to me that things like this happens pretty often there...

If I ever travel to the Americas - where should I go guys? :)

i haven't been to many of the "must see" spots in america myself, lol. but if you do ever end up over here and want a glimpse into what small town american life is like, i'll have food and a couch for you.

That would be really nice man =) I've been thinking about travelling but I don't know where to travel. I never thought that I would want to travel to US but I'm sure it would be an amazing trip! I've already been interrailing in Europe a few years ago in Hungary, Croatia, Slovenia, Italy, Germany and Netherlands. So I would like to travel to another continent next time like Australia, Asia or US for a few months. Would be nice to meet some bluelighters if I ever come there =)

^I recommend touring through California. I've lived in Texas most of my life and can say it's downright boring and drab... Now California, that state is fun! Natural wonder everywhere, the people are more beautiful, the pretty babes more numerous. I can't think of anything that's worse about California than Texas except for their strict emissions laws, but that only bothers me because I liked running a straight pipe on my old turbo sport car.

I did live in Arkansas for a few years and I must say that it was also very beautiful, the whole state was very unpopulated and it took mere minutes to get out into nature. Just don't go there expectin' California babes :p

Status
Not open for further replies.