• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Noopept as a painkiller, is it only me, and why?

Mracid

Bluelighter
For some time I have been using noopept as a nootropic and during that time I found that it actually helped my chronic pain and muscles spasms (which are ignored by doctors because they do not understand why) . I then started experimenting and found that higher doses led to lower pain up to 50mg every 3-4 hours. Since then I am curious about some things.

1. Am I the only one feeling this effect, mabe due to underlying cause of pain? If not why would noopept reduce pain.

2. If this effect isnt felt by most people can the neuroprotective properties reduce Neuropathic pain which would state my pain as nerve damage? It can be since cannabis, theanine and someother neuroprotective substance do the same at lower extend.

3. If it is felt by most people is it indirect? Meaning that serotonin upregulation (being an effect of noopept) is high enough to trigger endorphin releases just like Antidepressant are supposed to do to help with Chronic pain.

Altho no matter the reason I am pretty sure it can be studied for chronic pain applications, either to help with pain or the moodswings that come with it. Mabe as an alternative to Antidepressant...

Leaving this in Homeless since I really dont know where to put it... Opiates? Enhancement drugs? IDK !

I feel like the guys over at Neuroscience and Pharmacology could shed some light on this, so OD --> NPD

@Mods, feel free to move if you think it's not suited for NPD and sorry for the inconvenience

i wonder, is it the original package noopept russian or some of those powders sold all over the net? it could probably add some difference as effects are reported as not always being the same

Various sources around the globe.. I really am analyzing Noopept not the condition in which it was used. (other than my DNA if we can consider DNA as a contextual dimention)

There is evident misinterpretation of both what I said and understood, what I meant was, regardless the origin, purity, or even other chemicals interaction in the body, is noopept strong enough to reduce pain to everyone, if yes why and how, if not, what is special about my condition that makes its this way. That is the best way I can resume. (like more analyzing a drug interaction with the body rather than the specific condition in which it was implanted, I dont have access to a pool of organisms to study...) (or trying to understand if the pain killing effect is due to underlying issue that I should look into).

I also doubt synthesis mistake of a nootropic supplement would add painkilling effect without affecting anything else or having any other side effects (btw never felt any side effects from this supp).

I have neuropathy and have used noopept for brain function and never noticed it having any effect on pain issues. I'll try it again and pay attention to that aspect but I'm not hopeful. Had it been effective for pain I'm sure it would be a major selling point.

mracid ive tried powders over the net versus conventional branded pills and ill tell you, ill get surprising various effects. not sure of how many wrongs can go with synthesizing noopept by amateurs selling it online can be different exactly, but it is a possibility and might occur as just one noticeable side effect versus many as you have led to believe. anyway before you really believe it helps with pain, try various types if you can afford it. i think you should afford it, if it involves your life and pain

mracid ive tried powders over the net versus conventional branded pills and ill tell you, ill get surprising various effects. not sure of how many wrongs can go with synthesizing noopept by amateurs selling it online can be different exactly, but it is a possibility and might occur as just one noticeable side effect versus many as you have led to believe. anyway before you really believe it helps with pain, try various types if you can afford it. i think you should afford it, if it involves your life and pain

The reason why I ignored the origin of Noopept is because I tested mostly all accesible sources to me and found the most efficient, using it as a baseline.

I have neuropathy and have used noopept for brain function and never noticed it having any effect on pain issues. I'll try it again and pay attention to that aspect but I'm not hopeful. Had it been effective for pain I'm sure it would be a major selling point.

Try doses up to 300-500mg / daily spreaded every 3-4 hours. That is the dose I found Painkilling. Otherwise its only a crazy nootropic for visual memory and creative visualisation.

But it is interesting how most answers are about how I formulated what I meant. To really simplify,

Is the neuroprotective effect of noopept painkilling at HIGH doses for everyone or only to those with Neural pain.
And if not at all why do I feel this specific effect when I use it alone.

I would just like to point out for sake of clarity that there is a difference between a pain amplification syndrome and stuff like compression neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain

I would just like to point out for sake of clarity that there is a difference between a pain amplification syndrome and stuff like compression neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain

Exactly what I was trying to determine, is noopept an overall painkiller at high enough doses or is a specific problem necessary to feel the relieving effect on pain.

Seems like I have trouble traducting my French thoughts to english clearly and the densest way possible for the last week. Dunno exactly why.

Well I think the efferent projects might be playing a role, and the afferent projections are only really pathological in chronic pain situations. The brain sends inhibitory signals down to the spinal cord and normally this is how SNRIs work for chronic pain so I don't think it's unfeasible for noopept to be working in a similar manner

I should add noopept increases immune function with long term use and because the immune system contributed greatly pain amplification states you might see a worsening of pain if you used noopept for a long time but if only used for a short time (less than a week) you might not see too much increased immune function

Cotcha Yankinov. You are having logical reasoning which are based on fact but the drug do more than one thing that can interact with eachother. So analyzing specific function isnt good to determine the uses of the drug but rather the mechanism. (even if sometimes the mechanism is mixed function).

Other than that thank-you for informing me about its increase in immune function, I didn't know it.

Is the pain relief acute? I almost assume it is since you seem to be associating the effect with particular doses?

AMPA does seem to control central sensitization and processing of peripheral information, and is involved with chronic pain. Antagonists and modulators have been suggested to experiment with, but it doesn't seem like any trials with them are actually taking place. Noopept is a modulator, so who knows? It seems like a connection?

Most of noopept's effects have been shown to be blocked with NMDA antagonists so to me it's akin to piracetam whose effects can also be blocked with NMDA antagonists. So that being said NMDA antagonists are used for pain amplification states and NMDAr upregulation is implicated in pain amplification states. So I don't know exactly what could be going on other than bolstering of inhibitory spinal cord projections like SNRIs (as I recall serotonin and NE applied to peripheral nerves magnifies pain states, but if acting more centrally they are useful, noopept could worsen things peripherally but central action could be outweighing that).

Aren't NMDA and AMPA activity partially co-dependent? The NMDA blockage seems like an indirect way to reason anything, or if you conclude something from it I don't quite follow and would appreciate the explanation..

Also interestingly, are you suggesting that people who chronically take NMDA antagonists can expect pain sensitization problems?

so is noopept contradicted for use in benzo or alcohol withdrawl or hangover? i think like all racetams it works on glutamate stimulation?