• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

Damn bro. Four grams of phenibut is a massive dose, by itself without the ounce of kratom and 1.5 mgs of klonopin, even if it is spread out. I don't know what kind of phenibut you are using...but I have never heard of that being a normal or okay dose. No offense, I just don't want someone who has never taken phenibut before to think that 4 grams is an okay amount start with because that is absurd. I started with two grams my very first time and it was WAY TOO MUCH.

Taken into account your gaba tolerance already with the benzos this makes more sense. But like I said, there is no reason you should ever need 4 grams of phenibut in one day unless you have an insane tolerance. 1 gram is plenty for a beginner, maybe 1.5 if you weigh over 200 lbs, assuming you have no tolerance to any other gaba like drugs. Phenibut is an extremely potent drug and takes a long time to come into full effect.

Be careful with this stuff.

Sorry I misread, so you are taking the maximum dose suggested in a week in one day, gotcha now. I guess you are handling it fine but god damn that is a lot of phenibut to do in a day.

Last edited:
Damn bro. Four grams of phenibut is a massive dose, by itself without the ounce of kratom and 1.5 mgs of klonopin, even if it is spread out. I don't know what kind of phenibut you are using...but I have never heard of that being a normal or okay dose. No offense, I just don't want someone who has never taken phenibut before to think that 4 grams is an okay amount start with because that is absurd. I started with two grams my very first time and it was WAY TOO MUCH.

Taken into account your gaba tolerance already with the benzos this makes more sense. But like I said, there is no reason you should ever need 4 grams of phenibut in one day unless you have an insane tolerance. 1 gram is plenty for a beginner, maybe 1.5 if you weigh over 200 lbs, assuming you have no tolerance to any other gaba like drugs. Phenibut is an extremely potent drug and takes a long time to come into full effect.

Be careful with this stuff.

Sorry I misread, so you are taking the maximum dose suggested in a week in one day, gotcha now. I guess you are handling it fine but god damn that is a lot of phenibut to do in a day.

Ok after reading your last post you seem to get it.

Listen man, I know you mean well but dosage and tolerance are not the same for everyone and I'm not a noob either having been doing Phenibut for a year now.

I know how it effects me so I wanted to respond to let you and others know that these dosages are something to pay attention to INDIVIDUALLY because what one person says doesn't go for others.

If I took 1,500mgs which is your favorite dose, I would only feel a very little bit.

It would be a nice buzz for sure, but not much more.

2,500mgs gets me good for a while...but 3,200mgs in one shot is how i feel just right.

The remaining 800mgs is spread out VERY slowly with the intention ONLY of putting me to sleep knowing I am NOT going ANYWHERE or driving AT ALL the rest of the night and all of that is over the course of hours.

None of us have this stuff down to a science.

Like I said I CANNOT take 4,000 mgs, or even 3,600mgs in one shot and feel too good, but if I take less than 2,000mgs in one shot it will be pretty minor and almost not worth doing...maybe worth doing for a slight buzz at best.

I don't know all the factors the effect tolerance.

Like Phenibut is a GABA B drug and so is alcohol and I have a MASSIVE alcohol tolerance so who is to say that having a big tolerance to drinking might not increase your tolerance to Phenibut????

It might or might not.

Anyways man....I am agreeing with you that we all need to be careful.

I'm more concerned with those who steadily take small daily doses and get addicted than those who take larger doses one or two days a week.

That has always been my way: I'm a binge user of drugs but then I abstain for as long as possible.

That isn't always smart BUT...it has the benefit of going many days without a drug IF...you are able to be ok off of your initial binge dose of your drug.

So far...with Phenibut this has been ok for me with NOT exceeding the 4,000mgs dose on the tub.

I read that warning on there and I listened to it.

I wasn't just doing this off the top of my head.

I'm glad we've got a thread for this drug now.

It's a very interesting compound.

I just got a small amount (25g) of Phenibut Hcl powder today. I'm completely new to this stuff, never used it before, so maybe some of you can help me out..

First off, it seems the standard starting dosage for good effects is around .75g-1g. However I too, take clonazepam every day, but I"m thinking that since Phenibut is a GABAb agonist, that there wouldn't really be much cross tolerance?

Also, on a little side note, I remember initially when creating this thread, there was someone who was saying that Phenibut was not a GABAb agonist, but rather worked in a way more comparable to Gabapentin/Pregabalin?

Anyway, I passed out before I could complete this post-but I just took 1.2g orally. I guess I'm just looking for some people experiences with dosages as well as the effects, though I'll surely find out myself within the next couple of hourse

The truth about Phenibut

I've read a lot of things about Phenibut and frankly it annoyed me how miss informed they are. I've been reading about people taking doses like 300-500mg. This dose won't do anything. Maybe if it's your very first time then I can see how someone might see some effects. I personally take 10 grams a day, yes 10grams. At this dose it completely abolishes any and all anxieties especially socially. When I take this does I can talk to anyone about anything when without it I would be filled with fear and anxiety and not want to talk to anyone and life's obstacles seem like some huge monster. It makes you a motivated beast. I've been taking this dose every single day for years just about and I have never had any kind of tolerance issue or negative side affects. Frankly, a high dose of Phenibut turns you into a confident and very sociable person who doesn't stress about anything and can handle anything. It's really a super drug. Any dose over 12.5 grams however you will experience some nasty side effect and you won't get the results I've stated above. You must drink a good amount of caffeine with it however for you to feel its maximum effects. For example I drink two rockstars every day with it and maybe some coffee later. Because of its absolutely unbearable taste I always mix it with cranberry juice. I do 5 grams in one cup and 5 in the next. For best results wait 10-15 minutes between drinks. Slowly build up to 10 grams because If u go too fast and take to much for your tolerance it will make you vomit all day long. Try upping the dose by a gram or two everyday. Do not take Phenibut with any opiates or benzos. Opiates will make you vomit all day mixed with Phenibut. Mixing benzos with it is not a good idea either from what I've read but I haven't tried it because I don't see the point. One awesome side effect is that when you crash about 12 hours later (the Phenibut effects at this dose last 12 hours or beyond.) But the come down makes you very tired and is exellent for falling asleep especially if u have sleep troubles. Also do not mix it with Gabapentin because they will fight it out in your brain and you won't have a pleasant result. Sometimes it makes my stomach feel uncomfortable, so it would be a good idea to go to your doctor and tell them you've been really nauseous and ask for promethazine. It works wonders and is the best nausea med available. I take 50mg if I'm feeling nauseous. I take my Phenibut 2 hours before work cuz it takes a bit to kick in, go kill it at work, then go home and sleep. It will give you such a great nights sleep. The withdrawals if you want to call it that are easily handled with some Gabapentin say 3-4 grams and maybe the same or a little more the next day. And you will be feeling nice and normal mentally after that. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask (or possible flame) me. I am by no means a doctor or intending to tell anyone to use these drugs nor do I indorse it. I'm simply stating how I do it and the results I get. Hope you enjoyed the post, I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks

^Please use paragraphs, it's really hard to read this wall of text

And please don't forget that Bluelight is a harm reduction forum and telling people to take huge amounts of phenibut isn't really harm reduction
I'll merge your thread with the Phenibut megathread

Is phenibut any ore mentally addictive than kratom? Never had an issue with kratom use once every few days.

I have this terrible fear of becoming a slave to gabaergics and not being able to leave the house without the 4 horsemen of the apocalyse chasing me.

I think though if I found a gabaergic that I were comfortable with without it causing issues then it could be a fantastic ally.

Or is it pretty mild in terms of being compulsive? ie i could buy just one bag to try it without suddenly becoming a slave? Note that I am not a addictive person and take things very cautiously to the point of obsession.

Is phenibut any ore mentally addictive than kratom? Never had an issue with kratom use once every few days.

I have this terrible fear of becoming a slave to gabaergics and not being able to leave the house without the 4 horsemen of the apocalyse chasing me.

I think though if I found a gabaergic that I were comfortable with without it causing issues then it could be a fantastic ally.

Or is it pretty mild in terms of being compulsive? ie i could buy just one bag to try it without suddenly becoming a slave? Note that I am not a addictive person and take things very cautiously to the point of obsession.

Dude, to ask if a drug is "mentally addictive" is not a question that anyone can answer.

Their are hard answers to how PHYSICALLY addictive a drug is, etc, and even THAT is based on personal chemistry, but to ask about whether or not it is something you will be prone to be MENTALLY attached to is something no one can answer.

Like I've found the ability to either binge on or COMPLETELY abstain from (notice I did NOT say "moderate" LOL) with every single drug I've ever tried EXCEPT caffeine lol.

So you could ask me what's the most MENTALLY addictive of these drugs I have tried at one point: Oxycodone, Klonopin, Cocaine, Kratom, Kratom extract, Phenibut HCL, Dexadrine, Alcohol, or caffeine.....and my answer is going to be that caffeine is the most MENTALLY addictive "FOR ME"...in fact, I'd also say it was the most PHYSICALLY addictive FOR ME....but you won't find too many people giving you that same answer lol.

FOR ME I find Phenibut even easier to resist the temptation to take than Kratom because BY ITSELF without mixing in other substances I don't really feel like Phenibut HCL gets me THAT high.

It can SOMETIMES, but it's true potential FOR ME is found in combining it with things like Kratom or Prolintane.

But others on this very forum have said they couldn't resist Phenibut and got HORRIBLY addicted to it quickly.

It's quite PHYSICALLY addictive, that much we know, yet I've had ZERO trouble moderating and keep it to one or two days a week MAX with no negative side effects to note of really, while I personally have found Kratom to be considerably more difficult to moderate with only because I enjoy the high so much, and yet I've never gotten REALLY bad withdrawal from Kratom either, just a little bit of mild depression and/or lethargy that may last 3-5 days max.

So the question you are asking can't be answered IMO.

When it comes to ANY drug, all you can do is all the research you can and then EVENTUALLY it comes down to whether or not you want to "take the plunge" and take that first dose.

And it sounds to me like you are that point with Phenibut where you will probably not be able to get any more answers as to how you will respond to it than you've already been given since you've already asked people a lot of questions about it.

You are at that point where either you try it and find out, or don't try it and don't find out.

It shouldn't be a big deal either way, unless you think you are the kind of person to start taking it every other day in which case I would steer clear.

Is it ok to use phenibut daily for a cycle of 7-14days and then completely stop? The reason is because I'm forced to bed rest from doctors orders and it's really fucking boring, phenibut makes time go by faster while my body heals from injury. When I can resume regular activities I won't need the phenibut anymore. Just a crutch to get through temporary boredom

I'm currently on day 4 of using phenibut daily. 2 g dose before bed (8pills) works best for me. Dose will most likely increase as tolerance develops.

Last edited:
Is it ok to use phenibut daily for a cycle of 7-14days and then completely stop? The reason is because I'm forced to bed rest from doctors orders and it's really fucking boring, phenibut makes time go by faster while my body heals from injury. When I can resume regular activities I won't need the phenibut anymore. Just a crutch to get through temporary boredom

I'm currently on day 4 of using phenibut daily. 2 g dose before bed (8pills) works best for me. Dose will most likely increase as tolerance develops.

I think I can speak unanimously for everyone on this forum when I say FUCK NO it is Definitely NOT ok AT ALL to use Phenibut for 7-14 days and then stop!!!

The fact that you are already on day 4 is BAD news.

How many milligrams have you taken in the past four days???

2,000 each of the 4???

If so then you MIGHT MAYBE be ok IF you stop RIGHT NOW.

Did you read the back of the tub?!?!

You are only supposed to use 4,000mgs per week.

Granted I personally have exceeded that by 2X, doing 8,000 in a week but that's the most I'd EVER do.

Phenibut is EXTREMELY addictive and the withdrawal can cause you to become temporarily psychotic, hear voices and literally feel like you are going crazy and in fact, it is possible to even die from Phenibut withdrawal.

What makes things worse is that most American doctors don't even know what Phenibut is and if you have to go to the hospital for it they might not even know what to do.

Consider yourself lucky you even thought to post this so soon, yet IMO not soon enough.

You may ALREADY be in for some pretty serious withdrawal symptoms.

Phenibut is really meant to be used ONE day a week...MAYBE two MAX depending on how low your dosage is.

Seriously, what is it with you kids today???

Why wouldn't you ask this question BEFORE you decided to take it four times in a week?!?!

Seriously stop RIGHT now and if you get bad withdrawal symptoms like extreme anxiety, insomnia, depression or sickness you may want to go to the hospital.

And your damn right that "dose will likely increase as tolerance develops" because Phenibut tolerance is well known to increase Faster than most other drugs out there!!

Before you know it those 2,000mgs won't work and you'll need four times that amount.

STOP NOW.

Last edited:
IF you've only used 8,000mgs so far you will be ok as I have used that much in 1 week before, but never over the course of 4 days in a row which I think would be worse, no more than spread out over 3 max.

You might just BARELY have saved yourself from BAD withdrawal MAYBE.

I mean Kratom is addictive but at least that's not going to drive you insane from the WD or put you in the hospital.

If you want some drug to enjoy in bed smoke some weed or MAYBE use Kratom RESPONSIBLY.

Don't use powerful GABA-ergic drugs for a week to 2 on end and then stop cold turkey.

That's pretty much a guideline for exactly how to cause yourself bad withdrawal.

I would definitely heed Mycophile's above advice if I were you. I can see wanting to use phenibut to get through this time, but everyday use is going to set you up for horrible, possibly dangerous withdrawal. No gabaergics should be used everyday, no good can really come of it and a whole lot of bad can, and will.

I think I can speak unanimously for everyone on this forum when I say FUCK NO it is Definitely NOT ok AT ALL to use Phenibut for 7-14 days and then stop!!!

The fact that you are already on day 4 is BAD news.

How many milligrams have you taken in the past four days???

2,000 each of the 4???

If so then you MIGHT MAYBE be ok IF you stop RIGHT NOW.

Did you read the back of the tub?!?!

You are only supposed to use 4,000mgs per week.

Granted I personally have exceeded that by 2X, doing 8,000 in a week but that's the most I'd EVER do.

Phenibut is EXTREMELY addictive and the withdrawal can cause you to become temporarily psychotic, hear voices and literally feel like you are going crazy and in fact, it is possible to even die from Phenibut withdrawal.

What makes things worse is that most American doctors don't even know what Phenibut is and if you have to go to the hospital for it they might not even know what to do.

Consider yourself lucky you even thought to post this so soon, yet IMO not soon enough.

You may ALREADY be in for some pretty serious withdrawal symptoms.

Phenibut is really meant to be used ONE day a week...MAYBE two MAX depending on how low your dosage is.

Seriously, what is it with you kids today???

Why wouldn't you ask this question BEFORE you decided to take it four times in a week?!?!

Seriously stop RIGHT now and if you get bad withdrawal symptoms like extreme anxiety, insomnia, depression or sickness you may want to go to the hospital.

And your damn right that "dose will likely increase as tolerance develops" because Phenibut tolerance is well known to increase Faster than most other drugs out there!!

Before you know it those 2,000mgs won't work and you'll need four times that amount.

STOP NOW.

Well tonight is the first night I am up on phenibut. Guess 2g isn't cutting it anymore. Crazy how fast tolerance goes up, especially when you use it for sleep.

Instead of taking more, I will follow your advice and stop before i dig myse!f in a hole. Thanksg

Last edited:
Day 5: Damn Took 3g tonight for a total consumption of 11g this week. I have some bullshit to do to tonight. Gonna phenibullshit through it 1 last time then stop. (Hopefully)

I guess I will pay the price later. Right now the pros of using phenibut outweighs the cons. I really don't wanna use it again but people at home are stressing me out when all I wanna do is crawl in bed like a lazy jerk. I will try to get as much work done tonight since I took it anyway.

Last edited:
You guys are asking if phenibut is more addictive than Kratom. If you have an addictive personality, pretty much anything can be addictive. It depends on the person. You do not want to get addicted to phenibut though, it gets scary, especially when those withdrawals kick in. It's a nasty drug to take often and your body will feel it.

I've read a lot of things about Phenibut and frankly it annoyed me how miss informed they are. I've been reading about people taking doses like 300-500mg. This dose won't do anything. Maybe if it's your very first time then I can see how someone might see some effects. I personally take 10 grams a day, yes 10grams. At this dose it completely abolishes any and all anxieties especially socially. When I take this does I can talk to anyone about anything when without it I would be filled with fear and anxiety and not want to talk to anyone and life's obstacles seem like some huge monster. It makes you a motivated beast. I've been taking this dose every single day for years just about and I have never had any kind of tolerance issue or negative side affects. Frankly, a high dose of Phenibut turns you into a confident and very sociable person who doesn't stress about anything and can handle anything. It's really a super drug. Any dose over 12.5 grams however you will experience some nasty side effect and you won't get the results I've stated above. You must drink a good amount of caffeine with it however for you to feel its maximum effects. For example I drink two rockstars every day with it and maybe some coffee later. Because of its absolutely unbearable taste I always mix it with cranberry juice. I do 5 grams in one cup and 5 in the next. For best results wait 10-15 minutes between drinks. Slowly build up to 10 grams because If u go too fast and take to much for your tolerance it will make you vomit all day long. Try upping the dose by a gram or two everyday. Do not take Phenibut with any opiates or benzos. Opiates will make you vomit all day mixed with Phenibut. Mixing benzos with it is not a good idea either from what I've read but I haven't tried it because I don't see the point. One awesome side effect is that when you crash about 12 hours later (the Phenibut effects at this dose last 12 hours or beyond.) But the come down makes you very tired and is exellent for falling asleep especially if u have sleep troubles. Also do not mix it with Gabapentin because they will fight it out in your brain and you won't have a pleasant result. Sometimes it makes my stomach feel uncomfortable, so it would be a good idea to go to your doctor and tell them you've been really nauseous and ask for promethazine. It works wonders and is the best nausea med available. I take 50mg if I'm feeling nauseous. I take my Phenibut 2 hours before work cuz it takes a bit to kick in, go kill it at work, then go home and sleep. It will give you such a great nights sleep. The withdrawals if you want to call it that are easily handled with some Gabapentin say 3-4 grams and maybe the same or a little more the next day. And you will be feeling nice and normal mentally after that. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask (or possible flame) me. I am by no means a doctor or intending to tell anyone to use these drugs nor do I indorse it. I'm simply stating how I do it and the results I get. Hope you enjoyed the post, I'd love to hear your feedback. Thanks

I agree that the starting suggestion of 300-500 mg is a joke. I can't imagine that working on anything but a mouse. At least start at 1 gram. I didn't get a full effect until 2 grams. 10 grams is insane. I would only feel sick on that. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take that much.
I find it to be a great, but toxic drug. I wouldn't want all that phenibut in my system.

I'm considering ordering some. I haven't had any in close to a year and I'm hoping it gives me a boost. Maybe it'll help me off etiz and c-lam. Trading one drug for another, but at least I won't feel like a slave to etiz and c-lam.

I agree that the starting suggestion of 300-500 mg is a joke. I can't imagine that working on anything but a mouse. At least start at 1 gram. I didn't get a full effect until 2 grams. 10 grams is insane. I would only feel sick on that. I wouldn't recommend anyone to take that much.
I find it to be a great, but toxic drug. I wouldn't want all that phenibut in my system.

I'm considering ordering some. I haven't had any in close to a year and I'm hoping it gives me a boost. Maybe it'll help me off etiz and c-lam. Trading one drug for another, but at least I won't feel like a slave to etiz and c-lam.
the recommended dose on the label is definitely a joke. The company I order from says 250mg (1 pill) a day. LOL. They know people take more, prolly just there for legal reasons.

This shit takes 4 hrs to fully kick in and it's a huge waste of a buzz if ur underdosing . Better to a higher dose than lower, cuz at least then u will feel it and won't waste pills and precious time of ur life being ,"safe"

Benzos don't compare to phenibut. Phenibut makes everything better, music, sociability , empathy ,energy but also relaxed unlike benzos that just make u tired in a dull way.. phenibut is fun and LEGAL. LOL

Last edited:
Yes. That's why I was in love with phenibut when I took it for so long. Then I discovered Etiz and it made me feel exactly like phenibut: energy, motivation, euphoria. It made me manic like phenibut used to. I think if you take phenibut too long, the magic wears off. The magic has been wearing off Etiz and c-lam too. I guess your brain gets used to it. That's why I'm hoping if I order more phenibut, it will work its magic again since it's been so long. Phenibut made me witty as hell, like everything I said was funny and quick. I miss that.

I've been taking 1g a week for over 4 years. Still get that good old 'best day ever' feeling after all this time. The only thing I can't do is drink beer with it because I end up getting into some manic state that has gotten me in trouble a couple of times.
It's the only drug I've ever religiously taken every week without fail - it's a beautiful, amazing drug. It just makes evvverrrything better!

The day is brighter and better with it. Drinking with phenibut used to make me drunk fast. The last time I had drinks with phenibut, I couldn't get drunk no matter how many drinks I had! That was a weird change that happened over time.

I haven't tried Phenibut but have been wondering the effects of daily low dose administration...does anyone have experience with 250mg - 500mg daily? I'm curious if it would have mild antidepressiant effects or does it wear off too quickly requiring redose throughout the day? I've been very interested in Phenibut for a while, but I kicked a long term benzo habit six years ago and went through terrible withdrawal and as a result already have a lowered siezure threshold and don't want to exasperate the issue, not am I looking for a new addiction. I know most users say they don't feel anything at low doses but I'm not certain if they literally feel zero effects or if they're just not getting strong enough effects. Any insight would be most appreciated!