• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

Znegative

Bluelight Crew
phenibut_structure_500px.png

• AKA:Fenibut, Noofen, Phenybut, Phenyl-GABA
  • What it is: A derivative of GABA, marketed as a dietary supplement int the U.S, and as a neuropsychotropic drug in Russia for treating PTSD, anxiety, depression, insomnia etc.
  • Effects: Widely prescribed for tension, anxiety, fatigue and to improve sleep for those suffering from neurosis or psychosomatic disorders, as well as part of the treatment of depression, alchoholism and PTSD.
  • Precautions: Should not be combined with alchohol, or other CNS depressants, MAO inhibitors, epilepsy medications. Withdrawal symptoms may occur upon cessation.
  • Dosage: For medical conditions, common dosages range between 250-1500mg twice a day.
  • Pharmacology: It acts as a GABA-mimetic, primarily at GABAB
    and, to some extent, at GABAA receptors. It also stimulates dopamine receptors and antagonizes
    â-phenethylamine (PEA), a putative endogenous anxiogenic. The psychopharmacological
    activity of phenibut is similar to that of baclofen, a p-Cl-derivative of phenibut.
    This article reviews the structure-activity relationship of phenibut and its derivatives. Emphasis
    is placed on the importance of the position of the phenyl ring, the role of the carboxyl
    group, and the activity of optical isomers. Comparison of phenibut with piracetam
    and diazepam reveals similarities and differences in their pharmacological and clinical effects.
  • Bioavailibility:65%
  • Half Life: 5.3 hrs

• Sources:
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10.1111/j.1527-3458.2001.tb00211.x/asset/j.1527-3458.2001.tb00211.x.pdf;jsessionid=6EF95D0D502824FE8C06269A0C0560DD.f03t02?v=1&t=ip07c9wo&369f5ee6
    https://books.google.com/books?id=0vXTBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA69#v=onepage&q&f=false

Moderator Note: Theres been about a hundred different threads on Phenibut, and I couldn't find a mega thread or general 'phenibut discussion' thread, so use this as you will.

Last edited:
Phenibut Discussion Thread

I usually take 4,000mgs of Phenibut one day a week, usually Saturdays.

I have never taken that dose more than twice in a 5 day period out of fear of addiction because they say not to on the tub.

So I took 4,000mgs last Saturday (5 days ago) and want to again on Saturday as usual, but today being Wednesday and having a little mild Kratom WD I want to take approximately 2,000-2,500mgs of Phenibut to feel a bit better.

Am I likely to get addicted or get Phenibut withdrawal if do that and end up dosing approx. 10,000mgs over the course of a 7-8 day period and dose twice in a 3 day period???

I mean I've heard of people dosing 6,000mgs in a day and being fine so is that that different from 2,000-2,500 today and 4,000mgs in 3 days??

I should mention I also take Klonopin sometimes so I'd think that MIGHT lessen any discomfort I might feel?

Any answers as to whether or not this would be going overboard are appreciated.

Nobody??

I'm thinking taking such a little bit extra within a few days isn't a big deal but I want opinions from some Phenibut users.

I know some people use this stuff more than recommended but I'm trying to be very careful and rarely take it more than once a week except for this one time so I want to know if it's ok or if I'm likely to have withdrawal if I take 2,500mgs today (I already did) and then take 4,000mgs again in 3 days (and then none again for another week).

Thanks

you're just asking for problems the more and more you take it, especially since you stated you also take klonopin. you're looking for persmission to use more than you normally do from the internet, if you're worried to begin with and are asking bluelight, you already have your answer imo. be safe

Be careful with it. That amount won't likely put you in WD, but it is easy to get into a habit with phenibut where there are diminishing returns but ya take it anyway. For example, the other day I made a thread asking for help with tapering my 5 gram a day habit and no one responded at all. Don't get addicted to it man, it sucks and doesn't work like it used to. Be careful.

I never would take more than 1g of Phenibut a day, and would not exceed 1.5g or in rare cases 2g/week. The rebound effects should not be underestimated. The GABA-system is nothing to fuck with, because in contrast to most/all other habits the withdrawal can be hazardous, so better not even start this path or if anything take high doses of l-theanine instead.

I never would take more than 1g of Phenibut a day, and would not exceed 1.5g or in rare cases 2g/week. The rebound effects should not be underestimated. The GABA-system is nothing to fuck with, because in contrast to most/all other habits the withdrawal can be hazardous, so better not even start this path or if anything take high doses of l-theanine instead.

I've been taking 4,000mgs every Saturday and no more than that or more often than that for several months now with no issues.

It even says on the back of the tub not to exceed 4,000mgs (4 grams) a week meaning that that amount is ok.

I just don't see it as likely that I'd get withdrawal from having taken 2,500mgs in the middle of the week in addition to my normal dosing pattern one time only.

Be careful with it. That amount won't likely put you in WD, but it is easy to get into a habit with phenibut where there are diminishing returns but ya take it anyway. For example, the other day I made a thread asking for help with tapering my 5 gram a day habit and no one responded at all. Don't get addicted to it man, it sucks and doesn't work like it used to. Be careful.

I am.

Honestly, I don't like it enough to let myself get addicted and I already know how addictive it is from how much I've read about it which is why I am asking.

My main enjoyment I get out of it is simply that it potentiates Kratom so well and I really like Kratom.

There's no way in HELL I'd let myself get addicted to Phenibut.

you're just asking for problems the more and more you take it, especially since you stated you also take klonopin. you're looking for persmission to use more than you normally do from the internet, if you're worried to begin with and are asking bluelight, you already have your answer imo. be safe

Why would I be asking for problems MORE than most people because I take Klonopin??

Would Klonopin be more likely to lessen any mild WD symptoms if I ever got any because it is also a GABAergic??

I'm NOT looking for permission to BEGIN using it more often than once in a week in the future, just like i always have, just looking for info on whether or not it's likely that the fact that I took one mid-week dose this time would lead to withdrawal.

I don't think it's really very likely that it would be enough to do that based on what I know...so really...my asking BL hasn't already given me my answer....

Also, if I dose on Saturday and I WERE to notice any withdrawal symptoms (I hope I don't if I do decide to dose).....how quickly would they show up??

24 hours??

A few days??

I used it responsibly at about 3 grams twice a week for a long time with no issues. YMMV

I used it responsibly at about 3 grams twice a week for a long time with no issues. YMMV

Ok, so that's 6,000mgs a week, and if I take 4,000mgs on Saturday as usual, that will have been 6,500mgs this week, same as you basically, and only exceeding the highest weekly dosage mentioned on the tub by 2,500mgs, which probably isn't that much all things considered.

I don't think that's over usage.

Not like the people using it every day or every other day or exceeding 10,000 or more milligrams per week, and ESPECIALLY seeing as this is the only time I will take a mid week dose.

I'm assuming withdrawal should not occur from having had one 2,500mgs mid week dose in addition to my normal dosing pattern that has proven safe and non-habit forming thus far.

Why would I be asking for problems MORE than most people because I take Klonopin??

Would Klonopin be more likely to lessen any mild WD symptoms if I ever got any because it is also a GABAergic??

I'm NOT looking for permission to BEGIN using it more often than once in a week in the future, just like i always have, just looking for info on whether or not it's likely that the fact that I took one mid-week dose this time would lead to withdrawal.

I don't think it's really very likely that it would be enough to do that based on what I know...so really...my asking BL hasn't already given me my answer....

No, klonopin wouldn't necessarily keep phenibut withdrawl at bay. One works on gaba A and one works on gaba B, so, theoretically, they shouldn't help each other with withdrawl. Im not saying you should use it every day, but if you do get an addiction its not that difficult to taper from. Not in my opinion, at least. I know that's not the "pc" type of thing to say, but I honestly don't see what the big stink is about tapering off of it. Granted I didn't have some colossal 10 gram a day habit like I see some people getting. God I cant even imagine using that much. But I was at about 2 grams a day for a few months and it wasn't that hard to taper down.

Phenibut and sub lingual nicotine smoking cessation, or switching ROA

Help my esmoker broke down and I'm not intending to step back to regular cigarettes which are nasty so since I have plenty of different of flavor low potency juice I was planning on using it sublingual at small doses somewhere between 500 microgram and 2 milligram . The phenibut will help with reducing stress and the craving for nicotine that arises as a result of stress. Also should take care of nightmares and weird dreams.

What's the highest dose of phenibut I should shoot for if I want to avoid physical dependency as a result of a 3-4 day stint

I enjoyed Phenibut when I first received my order and started playing around with the doses to find my "sweet spot", which certainly took longer than most compounds for me. Maybe it's my tolerance to gabapentoids, because I've been on gabapentin/pregabalin for years, but I don't take them often anymore (haven't even picked up my refill for gaba). I found a rectally administrated dose of 0.75-1g to be on point for me, after reading ebola?'s suggestion on an old thread. Intrarectal Phenibut had way less side-effects/nausea in comparison to oral ROA, as well as noticeable effects in ~20 mins IME.

Has anyone else had any lower-back pain/aching the day after taking Phenibut? It's in my lower back, like my kidneys are aching. I've read that some think it's UT/kidney-related, which makes sense to me considering my experiences. Could the vendor I was going through just have low-grade Phenibut? Or has anyone else had this issue consistently?

I will sometimes experience GI issues with phenibut if I eat greasy foods with it or drink alcohol. Really not sure whether or not it does damage to liver/kidneys or not since there aren't any studies that I know of to back that up.

It's crazy to me when I hear of people taking anything over 1.5 grams with zero tolerance. Lately I have been taking 1 gram every other day following a cycle period suggested by Phenibut God, but notice the tolerance build even from that so I may try a three or four day washout period to bring tolerance back to baseline and to see how I feel.

One amazing benefit I have experinced from phenibut that I was not expecting...it seems to be healing my chronic muscle stiffness/pain. For the last six months I have struggled with carpal tunnel like symptoms from an overuse muscle injury I experienced while working over an extended period of time. My pain and stiffness is practially GONE, and this includes on days that I do not take it. Now I know it stays in your system for a while but I read an article on how phenibut may actually help to heal damaged muscles by increasing human growth hormones.

I had a love affair with Phenibut years ago. I took it a lot so if you're easily addicted, try to stay away. It potentiates Kratom and Klonopin. So you don't want to take a high dose of phenibut while using Kratom or Klonopin. Phenibut used to make me feel as good as etizolam. I don't use it anymore, but I might order some for whenever I run out of etizolam. My only use for it would be to stop withdrawals. I'm not addicted anymore, but it was the best drug. Be careful. People who don't know any better, take way too much and get nauseous and vomit. When you take too much of it and feel sick, you will feel sick the majority of the day because it lasts long. It's not a drug to mess around with carelessly. People need to know it kicks in in
2-4 hours so don't take more if you think it's not working. You'll be sorry.

Withdrawals were frightening. I'm trying to remember how I got through it, probably with Klonopin to taper off. Both work on GABA.

Last edited:
Has anyone else had any lower-back pain/aching the day after taking Phenibut? It's in my lower back, like my kidneys are aching. I've read that some think it's UT/kidney-related, which makes sense to me considering my experiences. Could the vendor I was going through just have low-grade Phenibut? Or has anyone else had this issue consistently?

Phenibut does seem to effect your kidneys and I also get weird gastro problems in my tummy...when I used to take it. I honestly think it's toxic. It's best to stick to a lower dose.

I had a love affair with Phenibut years ago. I took it a lot so if you're easily addicted, try to stay away. It potentiates Kratom and Klonopin. So you don't want to take a high dose of phenibut while using Kratom or Klonopin. Phenibut used to make me feel as good as etizolam. I don't use it anymore, but I might order some for whenever I run out of etizolam. My only use for it would be to stop withdrawals. I'm not addicted anymore, but it was the best drug. Be careful. People who don't know any better, take way too much and get nauseous and vomit. When you take too much of it and feel sick, you will feel sick the majority of the day because it lasts long. It's not a drug to mess around with carelessly. People need to know it kicks in in
2-4 hours so don't take more if you think it's not working. You'll be sorry.

Withdrawals were frightening. I'm trying to remember how I got through it, probably with Klonopin to taper off. Both work on GABA.

While I respect your opinion I've now combined up to 4,000mgs of Phenibut with 1.5mgs of Klonopin and probably about an ounce of Kratom in a day at times with no problems.

I should mention that I ALWAYS spread my Phenibut dosages out.

I usually like to start with 3,200mgs as my first dose and since I feel it takes about 2 hours to kick in I won't take more till about 3 hours after the first dose, then I usually take around 200mgs to put me up to 3,400...wait another 2 1/2--3 hours and take maybe another 200---350 mgs...then an hour or two after that kicks in ramp it up to 4,000mgs before bed.

I just do it that way since the tub says you can take up to 4,000mgs safely so being the druggie I am I push it to that limit but I do NOT exceed it and I have NEVER taken even a TINY bit more than 4,000mgs in a 24 hour period.

I take Klonopin 5-6 days a week and I haven't felt it potentiate it much but i HAVE felt it potentiate Kratom and it's remarkable and great.

I think people just need to be SUPER strict about not exceed the 4,000mgs in a day mark and dont' take them all at once if you do decide to because if they are spread out you will be more likely to feel ok.

I can spread out 4,000mgs over 8 hours and feel fine but if I even took 3,600mgs in one shot I'd be falling asleep.

And I would NEVER EVER exceed 2 days a week or 8,000mgs in a week on two separate days.

I think I may have a larger tolerance naturally than the people who say not to take more than 1,500 mgs because the first time I EVER took it I start in the 2,000mgs range and still finished my night at 4,000mgs and woke up feeling fine the next day.

I don't think withdrawal is likely to occur if people stick to these guidelines.

Oh, and most probably don't take melatonin on here but I take it every night so let me tell you...usually phenibut leaves me feeling very good the next day even if I didn't sleep more than 5-6 hours because I have heard that is an effect it has for some odd reason I can't explain....BUT, if you take Melatonin don't be exceeding about 3 millileters if you combine it with Phenibut or if you are like me you will NOT feel good the next day...

When I take Phenibut if I keep my Melatonin at night to 3 milileters or less I wake up feeling fine.

Of course, these are just my current tolerances based probably on weight, age, usage and all other sorts of shit so don't take my word for it.

BUT....Phenibut is not some horrible thing IF you are smart enough to stick to guidelines.

Pinpoints thread "My Phenibut Affair" did the GREAT job of scaring the SHIT out of me early and convinced me to NEVER use this stuff more than twice a week and I KNOW now I never will.

If people could just be sufficiently scared away from excessive use (and be able to really know what "excessive use" is) they can stay safe.

I truly believe from my experience thus far that Phenibut is one of those drugs where "the dose makes the poison" is ESPECIALLY REALLY TRUE.

To me personally, it feels like something almost TOTALLY fine kept to one or two days a week MAX at the dosages I mentioned, and I bet if you even slightly go over that you'll be in a WORLD of hell.

I would be scared of it if I thought I'd fuck up and use more, but I know i won't...so please guys, be smart.

I will sometimes experience GI issues with phenibut if I eat greasy foods with it or drink alcohol. Really not sure whether or not it does damage to liver/kidneys or not since there aren't any studies that I know of to back that up.

It's crazy to me when I hear of people taking anything over 1.5 grams with zero tolerance. Lately I have been taking 1 gram every other day following a cycle period suggested by Phenibut God, but notice the tolerance build even from that so I may try a three or four day washout period to bring tolerance back to baseline and to see how I feel.

One amazing benefit I have experinced from phenibut that I was not expecting...it seems to be healing my chronic muscle stiffness/pain. For the last six months I have struggled with carpal tunnel like symptoms from an overuse muscle injury I experienced while working over an extended period of time. My pain and stiffness is practially GONE, and this includes on days that I do not take it. Now I know it stays in your system for a while but I read an article on how phenibut may actually help to heal damaged muscles by increasing human growth hormones.

Tolerance to most drugs is sort of a random or hard to explain thing.

I've been using Phenibut no more than once a week for 1 year and my first day over a year ago I started at 2,000mgs and finished the night falling asleep after getting it up to 4,000mgs and was ok.

Mind you I could NEVER take more than 3,400mgs max in one shot and feel ok....but I usually start with 3,200 mgs as a good starter dose and my sweet spot is usually 3,400mgs.

I tend to finish my nights by gradually getting up to that 4,000 mark as that really knocks me out and the tub says not to exceed 4,000mgs in a 7 day period so since I usually don't exceed one day a week and NEVER two...I feel safe spreading it out...but for ME I feel like some of my Phenibut doses start to wayn (spelling?) in intensity after 2 hours, so that is why I will keep taking more till I go to sleep.

Some drugs just effect different people in odd ways.

But as I mentioned in my last post, I REALLY feel like the quote "the dose makes the poison" is true of Phenibut.

I'm not scared of even taking up to 4,000mgs on two separate days in a week (8,000mgs total)....or for that matter PROBABLY not even 8,000mgs spread out however you want to over 7 days (though FOR ME i feel a little unsettled not doing it only in 2 days IF I do it that way...) BUT....I really truly believe if you exceed that by even a small amount you are entering a serious danger zone.

By reading Pinpoint's "My Phenibut Affair" thread I was sufficiently scared and I really think I have this down now at a safe point where I won't get myself in to trouble.

Never underestimate the power of fear guys.

If you are too scared of the effects of exceeding a certain dosage...you probably wont and will probably be ok....