• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

This is my last post , I have lost hope (mdma) damage

Hey everyone, Thanks for the posts I have done an echocardiogram and have no valvular disease thank god . My heart has a normal ejection fraction . My mdma use was not spread over a long time . Basically it was 3 months of hardcore abuse with mdma crystals that ruined me. I have become a cardiophob due to thinking there is some damage to my heart but fibrosis would effect the pumping action of the heart so I think it would show on an echo an abnormality.

Very good I'm glad you're heart is okay, if you've had an echocardiogram and they've looked at your valves then there is no need to worry - what they often times won't reveal though is that the heart is not pumping efficiently just because the muscles are weak and atrophied. To strengthen your heart I recommend trying a mix of high intensity interval training and sustained cardio - both will strengthen your heart and help you lose weight.

I must stress again that it's my opinion that psychostimulants and the users abuse patterns typically atrophy the heart. But thankfully this is reversible as long as you eat some carbs and lots of protein and do cardio, I really recommend whey protein if you can afford it. If you are going to push yourself to work out I would want you to be able to maximize your gains. The other thing to consider is selective androgen receptor modulators - I will be trying one in a couple months and I can let you know how it goes, but I would first get your training and diet down.

I haven't had an echocardiogram but I do want one.. I think I'll pursue one someday, for now my issues are resolving with long term cardio (it can take a while to strengthen the cardiovascular system) so I don't think I'd want to know about my valves leaking and that sort of stuff and that giving me fear of exercising for some reason.

I think 5HTP could elevate peripheral serotonin levels and in a vulnerable individual long term high dose use might lead to issues in old age, but I think you could take 300mg a day for a couple years and probably be fine.

How is your sleep these days?

My sleep has gotten better but only from like 2 weeks ago . I started using this supplement that actually did something it is an organic multivitamin by a company called mary ruth organic night time and daytime . The nightime has magnesium which has helped me out big time. Now cotcha can there be heart damage not detected by an echocardiogram or basically if your echo is good your good ? Here is a report of my results? and my othere question is once you stop the offending substance does it stop progressing ?

Echocardiogram study of heart function and structure is normal.
Study Result
Narrative

Patient:
Med Rec#: 907108675 DOB: 08/31/1987
Date: 06/30/2014 Age: 26
Account#: 90055566 Height: 170.2 cm / 66.4 in
Accession#: 171082E Weight: 114.29 kg / 251.4 lbs
Sex: M BSA: 2.23
Type: Outpatient
Loc: Gahanna

Referring: MOSTOVPERRYDDO
Reading: Scott A. Maffett, M.D.
Sonographer: Karen Huschart, RDCS

Rhythm: NSR
HR: 87
BP: 120/80

Transthoracic Echocardiogram

Conclusions
1. Normal left ventricular size and systolic function. EF 60%.
2. Normal right ventricular size and function.
3. No significant valvular disease.

Indication - Procedure:
The indication for study is palpitations. Ultrasound device: General
Electric.

Indication:
Palpitations, anxiety

Findings
L Ventricle:
The left ventricular chamber size is normal. Regional wall motion is
normal. The estimated ejection fraction is 60-65%, consistent with
normal systolic function.

R Ventricle:
The right ventricular cavity size is normal. The right ventricular
global systolic function is normal.

L Atrium:
The left atrial chamber size is normal.

R Atrium:
The right atrial cavity size is normal.

Mitral V:
Mitral valve leaflet mobility appears normal. There is no evidence of
mitral regurgitation. There is no evidence of mitral stenosis.

Aortic V:
The aortic valve structure is normal. There is no evidence of aortic
regurgitation. There is no evidence of aortic stenosis.

Tricuspid V:
The tricuspid valve leaflets are normal. There is no evidence of
tricuspid valve regurgitation. There is no tricuspid stenosis.

Pulmonic V:
The pulmonic valve appears normal. There is no significant
regurgitation. There is no pulmonic stenosis.

Aorta:
The aortic root dimension is normal.

Pulmonic A:
The pulmonary artery appears normal.

Pericardium:
The pericardium appears normal.

Venous:
The inferior vena cava appears normal.

Diagnosis codes:
93306 Echocardiography, transthoracic, real-time with image
documentation (2D), includes M-mode recording, when performed, complete,
with spectral Doppler echocardiography, and with color flow Doppler
echocardiography. 785.1 Palpitations [( )].

Measurements
Chambers 2D
Name Value Normal Range
RVIDd (basal) 3.2 cm -
RVIDd (midcavity) 2.2 cm -
RV base to apex length 7.7 cm -
IVSd (2D) 1.1 cm (0.3 - 1.1)
LVIDd (2D) 4.9 cm (3.8 - 5.7)
LVIDs (2D) 3.1 cm (2.2 - 4)
LV FS (2D) 36 % (20 - 40)

Chambers 2D
Name Value Normal Range
Ao root diam (2D) 2.8 cm -

Volumes/Mass
Name Value Normal Range
LA Area 2 Ch 13 cm2 -
LA Area 4 Ch 18 cm2 (<21)
LA ESV SP 2CH (MOD) 32 ml -
RA AREA 4CH 14.4 cm2 -

Volumes/Mass
Name Value Normal Range
LV EDV SP 4CH (MOD) 123 ml -
LV ESV SP 4CH (MOD) 44 ml -
EF SP 4CH (MOD) 64 % -

Diastolic/Systolic Function
Name Value Normal Range
MV E-wave Vmax 0.92 m/sec -
MV Decel Time 136 msec -
MV A-wave Vmax 0.55 m/sec -
MV E:A ratio 1.69 ratio -
LV lateral e' Vmax 0.19 m/sec -
LV E:e' lateral ratio 4.89 ratio -

Aortic Valve
Name Value Normal Range
AV Vmax 1.17 m/sec -
LVOT Vmax 1 m/sec (0.7 - 1.1)
LVOT peak gradient 4.01 mmHg -

Tricuspid Valve
Name Value Normal Range
TAPSE 2.7 cm -
RV S` 14 cm/sec -

Pulmonic Valve/Qp:Qs
Name Value Normal Range
PV Vmax 1.16 m/sec (0.6 - 0.9)
PV peak gradient 5.35 mmHg -

Wallmotion

BAS Normal
BA Normal
BAL Normal
BIL Normal
BI Normal
BIS Normal
MAS Normal
MA Normal
MAL Normal
MIL Normal
MI Normal
MIS Normal
AS Normal
AA Normal
AL Normal
AI Normal
APEX Normal

Electronically signed by: Scott A. Maffett, M.D. on 06/30/2014 16:31:27

CPT (R)

Wow you even had a transthoracic echocardiogram. You are indeed all good fortunately, but I still think you are probably very deconditioned then - you also were not lying when you said you were a bit overweight. I think some cardio/exercise would do you lots of good - whatever kind of exercise you can get really. Biking, elliptical (my favorite), alternating between walking and running, or swimming. Every exercise you can do will contribute to fat loss, and the more muscle you have the more energy you will burn even just strolling around so don't leave out exercises like squats if you can do them.

If there are exercises you can't do, trust me when I say I completely understand - my advice would be do the best you can to find exercises that you can do and focus on those. But I'll recommend some options here. Between Dumbbells and you're own body weight you should be able to do all of these (and learn how to do them or find alternate exercises for these muscle groups online)

Front delt lift, middle delt lift, if you can find a cable machine do the rear delt too, bicep curl, push-ups will help hit tricep but a tricep press down machine is nice, for some serratus anterior is important to work on but you can get this one in there a bit with push ups too, planks are important though what you do with your low back you need to be careful about, you want to feel it coming from your core but some people also put a tiny bit of good curve in their backs and feel it in their paraspinals (look up what lordosis looks like - it's a teensy tiny bit of that sort of curve) but the safest way is just to tighten your core and suck it in like you're trying to lift your balls up out of cold water (check in the mirror to find the muscles that you can lift your balls up with, this is your pelvic floor and it's important to activate it when you're in a plank, it's also known as a TA brace but it's not necessarily just trying stop the flow of pee, it's more sucking in), side planks if you can, a hip abductor leg raise lying on your side, bridges to help hit glutes and paraspinals as well as hamstrings, squats (it's okay if you don't go very deep or if you need to hold on to something), toe presses as if you were jumping rope but weren't actually lifting off the ground, a lat pull down if you can find a machine, once you get enough weight off and get strong enough pull-ups, and then for forward head posture and neck pain I do chintuck and an exercise that has helped me loads where you lie on your stomache with your head over the side of a bed or something facing the ground, and you retract your chin as if you were trying to make the back of your head touch the ceiling. You should feel it in the back of your neck, kind of where your head meets your neck.

So for any of these there are probably good alternate exercises, such as instead of squats a wall sit, but I hope you'll do what you can even if it's just slow jogging, but you must challenge yourself. I would expect to be sore for 2-3 days in some cases but I would aim for being sore for 1-2 days. It was very common for me to have s lot more issues the day after I went hard on cardio.

If you don't eat too many carbs/fats but still eat protein you will start losing weight one way or another. I probably wouldn't let your carbs drop below 30g a day and I would try to keep your protein above 100g a day, especially if you've been working out. Whey protein is great in my opinion.

Fat is known as adipose tissue and it essentially participates in the body's signaling systems, it is known that adipose tissue produces inflammation in the form of signaling molecules such as tumor necrosis factor alpha. I think it's important to minimize inflammation.

I wish you luck.... Don't give up on exercise if you don't notice a difference in 30 days or whatever, it's going to take a couple months, but if you work at it and watch your diet you will see progress, and once you see progress in the form of feeling better and stronger and losing weight, you will be more motivated to workout.

Last edited:
Thanks Cotcha again for the time to reply . I have been working out heavily for the past couple of weeks and yeah I'm a fat ass the reason being I started craving heavy sweets after the come down started and I blew up. The only worry I have is this strange diziness that I get in my eyes after I workout and a retightening of my muscles in that area causing a tension headache . Do you think I should continue with this heavy excersice ? The reason I ask I am worried I tanked my hormones and caused some type of adrenal fatigue and heavy exercise is contraindicted because I do feel out if it . My gut feeling is to keep going hard and maybe these symptoms may go away in the next couple of months. What do you think ?

I stopped mdma over a decade ago.

I really do not want to remember some things tbph so I don't.

All I really let myself remember is that I got my degree while I was on probation for some alcohol related charges like d & d, not gonna get too specific.

I had a fucked up relationship with a gal I dated for years and we are still friends and well neither one of us ever talk about the past.

It gets better usually long time after you give up hope for the most part.

At this point I would take mdma in the future but it would have to be for something damn cool.

Thanks dope master for the reply I am expecting this to take a while longer and I am ok with it . I'm glad you reply ed it gives me hope even if it might take 5 more years .

Thanks Cotcha again for the time to reply . I have been working out heavily for the past couple of weeks and yeah I'm a fat ass the reason being I started craving heavy sweets after the come down started and I blew up. The only worry I have is this strange diziness that I get in my eyes after I workout and a retightening of my muscles in that area causing a tension headache . Do you think I should continue with this heavy excersice ? The reason I ask I am worried I tanked my hormones and caused some type of adrenal fatigue and heavy exercise is contraindicted because I do feel out if it . My gut feeling is to keep going hard and maybe these symptoms may go away in the next couple of months. What do you think ?

I personally would not buy into any sort of adrenal fatigue type stuff, even though cortisol deficiency is a medical condition, it's just not very common and it's extremely apparent. I would definitely keep going hard on the exercise and be careful about your diet.

The head symptoms are eerily similar to what I get after ribcage breathing from cardio. Do your best to breathe through your stomach and not your top ribcage but just know that it will get easier to naturally breathe with your diaphragm instead of your scalenes and ribcage as you lose weight.

If I could just make both of our scalenes disappear I absolutely would. The scalenes connect to the 1st rib, and they are inhalation muscles. They get activated a bit upon every small inhalation but they can really blow up with cardio and forced inhalation. I would definitely focus on stretching anterior and medial scalenes. It will take some time and in my case they had to be loosened up with physical therap techniques to see significant progress and to be able to stretch them. I personally think stretching them in various positions (sitting vs. laying down and such) is a good idea. YouTube is a great source for stretches. I would try to hold stretches for 30 seconds unless you get very lightheaded during them, your arteries to your brain might be getting compressed. It was happening with me all the time anyways.

The scalenes insert up into the portion of the jaw where the nerves to the face come out, and this causes a lot of people with scalene issues headaches. Alternatively there are headaches from reading and whatnot.

Anyways don't give up on the exercise. It will get easier and you will get stronger. Don't feel guilty about having gained the weight, coping with food is incredibly common. But do your best to eat some protein and a bit of carbs and lose the weight. And it's not like you want to cut fat out of your diet either.

Good luck, any questions are welcome. Let us know how you're doing.

Thanks dope master for the reply I am expecting this to take a while longer and I am ok with it . I'm glad you reply ed it gives me hope even if it might take 5 more years .

I think it was really rough for a year. After that I was on probation and well I was piss tested alot so I started exercising alot.

I would ride about 5 miles on my bicycle and usually hit up the local pool for a cool down.

I also started skateboarding and once I could leave the county I started going to skate parks.

It kinda sucked and I drinked alot but my gf at the time drank alot and well we both had problems, but they were somewhat different, kinda similar, didn't talk about problems but she understood and I got her. Alot of dxm too and I did smoke weed when I could.

Anyways, that was more than I wanted to share, I don't like to talk about it.

Shit could be worse. You could go to jail, prison, or get really strung out on smack. Those things can happen and as shitty as it seems well you gotta deal with it in the best manner you can.

Life is beautiful and can be horrific, that is the duality of human nature. You gotta make it so you can be happy or know you are getting there and it takes time.

Me for example, I want to move, myriad of reasons but I can't right now but I am getting ready to when the time comes. I have some good things here but I gave up alot to get off dope. I had to give up a whole lifestyle because I could not be around these people and not use.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone I will keep going real hard and keep you guys updated . If I recover from this I will always be there to help.

Cotcha is absolutely right... exercise goes such a long way in lifting mood!
I exercise almost everyday. I go jogging in the summer and do gym in the winter. As well as being a casual drug user, exercise also gives me a kind of 'high' that is unmistakable and actually healthy. Exercise releases endorphins and promotes better connection between mind and body. Apart from that, it has been proven that spending time in nature reduces depression and anxiety.

Don't Worry; Be Happy

Can you elaborate on the symptoms? I am no doctor, I have first hand experience with MDMA and compounds of the like. I also have bi-polar (Switching between manic and depressive episodes, can be mixed or none at all, at times. Type one is defined by more severe, usually longer lasting, mania) I have Rapid-Cycling Type One, so I know what it is like to not feel so great and come back from it, and believe me, I know it's possible. I am an eighteen year old, manic, high school student who has just taken some amphetamines myself. So far no acute toxic effects.

Which of these symptoms have you experienced?

Cognitive effects: headache, agitation, hypomania, mental confusion, hallucinations, coma
Autonomic effects: shivering, sweating, hyperthermia, vasoconstriction, tachycardia, nausea, diarrhea.
Somatic effects: myoclonus (muscle twitching), hyperreflexia (manifested by clonus), tremor.

What were you doing while rolling?
Hot, Cold?
What drugs, remedies, potions or pharmaceuticals have you taken within a month of the MDMA dose?
What drug did you take within a week? A day?
What was your "high dose of mdma"?
Have you had your kidneys tested?
What about these symptoms?

• Decreased urine output, although occasionally urine output remains normal
  • Fluid retention, causing swelling in your legs, ankles or feet
  • Drowsiness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Fatigue
  • Confusion
  • Nausea
  • Seizures or coma in severe cases
  • Chest pain or pressure

Last edited:
TThe only worry I have is this strange diziness that I get in my eyes after I workout and a retightening of my muscles in that area causing a tension headache . Do you think I should continue with this heavy excersice ? The reason I ask I am worried I tanked my hormones and caused some type of adrenal fatigue and heavy exercise is contraindicted because I do feel out if it . What do you think ?

I think you have HPA axis dysregulation.

HPA axis dysregulation is implicated in long term syndromes from benzodiazepine, Alcohol, and even SSRI use and withdrawal.

Could your MDMA use have triggered it? -- possibly. Could an anxiety or mood disorder magnified/triggered by your MDMA use have caused it? - probably.

Sorry you are suffering, find an MD that specializes in the HPA axis.

Cotcha -

Holy shit, that is some good advice!

When I quit my doc, will you please (please, please!) come and visit me on my thread once I quit? I could really use some advice. Getting healthy is in my top 2 reasons for quitting. I don't know why, but opiates = poor personal upkeep (in so many aspects! Mentally, physically, financially, etc.). At least for me.

TB - you are young, give it time and I think you will feel better. Our bodies have a way of healing over time. I would just recommend treating your body like a fucking temple until you feel better. It sounds like you are working on that. Just stick with it and I believe it'll all get better - maybe not 100%, but let's face it, we are all getting older and I know, even without the opiate damage, I'm not 100% anymore.

Best of luck!

- VE

yeah, i was on something else and I was stupid as fuck for three months. it took almost half a year to go back to 'normal' although I'm still not that. I behave normal when I have to but deep inside I know I'm crazy as fuck. I just can't let the whole world know that. listen, I hope you get better and please don't put any substance into your body that you will later regret. it is impossible to measure the extent of the damage done by MDMA. only time will tell. if you still do not get better in a couple of months, you may be stupid as fuck for the rest of your life. sucks ass, but what can you do? you already did it

also, get an advanced healthcare directive. in the event you are revived by CPR, you can become more stupid than you are now. the brain lacking oxygen for more than 5 minutes will result in an extremely retarded individual, like Terry Schiavo retarded. I gotta get on that too because I want people to honor my wishes in the event that I become worse than dead

I don't want to undermine your symptoms at all but your lucky you don't have actually visual side effects. I was diagnosed with hppd a few months back but I would trade these visuals for your sypmoms any day of the week. if anything you got off lucky with these continue to live a healthy lifestyle and I'm sure you will recover your brain heals in months and years not days! I know u have had this for over 3 years but everybody has a turning point and yourshoot is coming

I don't want to undermine your symptoms at all but your lucky you don't have actually visual side effects. I was diagnosed with hppd a few months back but I would trade these visuals for your sypmoms any day of the week. if anything you got off lucky with these continue to live a healthy lifestyle and I'm sure you will recover your brain heals in months and years not days! I know u have had this for over 3 years but everybody has a turning point and yourshoot is coming

mixed ascorbate salts 1000 mg 10 -12 times a day

also, get an advanced healthcare directive. in the event you are revived by CPR, you can become more stupid than you are now. the brain lacking oxygen for more than 5 minutes will result in an extremely retarded individual, like Terry Schiavo retarded. I gotta get on that too because I want people to honor my wishes in the event that I become worse than dead

It's not always easy to get a hospital to honor your wishes even if you do have and advanced directive. Hospitals tend to ignore them until your family threatens legal action. A hospital doesn't have to honor your wishes if they are not a right to die hospital. However they do have to send you to a hospital that does even if it's a long ways away. That's what my in the know friend told me anyway. It's a damn shame.