• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sober Summer Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lots of (sober) golfing

i miss having a beer while ripping around in a golf cart, fun times

Back in Finland with a hell of a diarrhea. I guess I ate something improperly cooked or just with different bacteria than in our food,

American military funerals are truly memorable and emotional. I just totally burst into tears when they gave the flag for my late friends oldest son. Got an permission to use my uniform too and that with an all the medals and insignias was a good ice breaker during the service at their home.

Two weeks clean of oxycodone, no benzos for a week.

I'm going back to my old lifestyle of just smoking a bit of pot and drinking every now and then. Been drinking heavy everyday for like a year and a half (like in the morning chugging beer, passing out, chugging a couple in the shower and showing up to work half-drunk sweating liquor out in a hot Carolina kitchen). Fuck that I won't miss how goddamn sick the heat mixes with the dehydration and the alcohol sweats and just fucking kills me every summer.

Day 1 at 16hrs.... It's my bday soon n I'm determined to have a sober Bday and sober June!

Glad to hear you're giving up alcohol weekend addiction :)

Feel better soon MrRoot!

First day of vacation for me. Plan on continuing to taper down until Im 100% clean. I've actually been doing a pretty good job at the tapering and skipping days at times. No plans to go anywhere. More like a staycation. Maybe do some fishing tomorrow or the beach. Definitely need to pick up some more hobbies over the summer though.

Weekend-gotta love that Carolina heat. Humidity so thick you can barely breath at times. Drinking during that is tough.

I had a rough weekend, but its getting better. I am really looking forward to being finished with the ~9 weeks of treatment I have left. I can't wait to have energy, go back to work, and well plain not just feel shitty all the time.

i was just about to start a long, drawn out post about mental clarity when hitting a low point but I'm just too exhausted.

The one thing that has kept me sober and happy for the longest Time was daily exercise. Vigorous exercise I might add. Starting back tomorrow. The needle hasn't been nice to me this go round and Its taken a toll physically. About 30lbs lighter than 6 months ago and I was far from fat then. At this very moment I am looking forward to the challenge of undoing what drugs have done although I know in the very near future I will have to work hard to find the motivation I have now. It's gotta work though because it's the only thing that had so far.

i was just about to start a long, drawn out post about mental clarity when hitting a low point but I'm just too exhausted.

The one thing that has kept me sober and happy for the longest Time was daily exercise. Vigorous exercise I might add. Starting back tomorrow. The needle hasn't been nice to me this go round and Its taken a toll physically. About 30lbs lighter than 6 months ago and I was far from fat then. At this very moment I am looking forward to the challenge of undoing what drugs have done although I know in the very near future I will have to work hard to find the motivation I have now. It's gotta work though because it's the only thing that had so far.

It's true, exercise is quite good at keeping people happy...I've always been a believer in it, even moreso than some of the other natural "treatments" for liking drugs too much. I'm lucky enough that I get all the exercise I need through my career. Lately I've been packing on muscle, gaining weight and getting ripped. If I weren't on a somewhat restricted diet due to my health, I would do like I used to do in my teens and early 20's, and just eat non-stop until I hit about 175 or 180 pounds. I'm usually pretty thin/have a very fast metabolism, so I look ridiculous when I get to that weight range...like a solid core of muscle. 8o

Unfortunately I can't do that anymore, though.

Outwardly I look pretty healthy, but I still feel like complete crap. My lungs are still messed up, probably from shooting too many drugs (although it was actually smoking tar that seemed to exarcebate my lung issues more than anything else...even a single hit of tar would make it really bad) I can breathe fine and my lungs expand fully now, no abnormalities in my lungs on the x-rays, but I STILL feel irritated in my respiratory system. It's led me to even stop smoking weed. The only drug I'm currently taking now is (prescribed) zolpidem, but I'm currently in the process of tapering off that...went from 10 mgs a night to 5 mgs (half tablet), which I'm going to do for 3 more days before stopping entirely.

@Captain H: Thanks dude.
@Manboychef: I know what you mean good luck getting back in the kitchen.

Weekend-gotta love that Carolina heat. Humidity so thick you can barely breath at times. Drinking during that is tough.

Indeed it takes a true southerner to wanna drink when its 95 and so humid your cigarette feels like fresh air...

NSA-Good luck on the quitting smoking. That's my next thing to quit. Interestingly enough I didn't start smoking cigarettes until my late 20's. Before then I was a social smoker. A cig when having a drink or what not. Anyways, good luck.

Last edited:
Burnt- I am so lucky to still have my health, and option to smoke weed which I will do. At least for this next couple weeks.

Regaining what the drugs took is no easy task. I advise all who are considering to build up your mental fortitude. You will need every ounce of resolve you have. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.