• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

June Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread v. Sober Summer Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. :)

I will attempt to approximate what I climbed on Google Earth when I get home.

I wish I had mountains in florida. I am way more a mountain and forest person than a beach and ocean person.

Manboychef, I get to live with ocean out the front door and mountains out the back door and I feel pretty lucky for that because I could never decide if I were more mountain or more ocean.:\

@CH--that sounds awesome!

Love Los Angeles.

Moving into the Zen Center of Los Angeles, which is gonna be awesome. Living in Zen Buddhist temple is gonna be sooooo cool.

Selling my car and buying a nice bicycle has been amazing. It is much fun to bike, I forgot how much I love it. I used to BMX race and do long distance road competitions as a teenager, so it is kinda lik meeting your first love again after more than a decade. Plus I am getting in great shape, as LA is huge so it requires many, many miles. I have had the bike for about a month, and have already put more than 800 miles on it. Really need to do some tune up work on it, poor thing has gotten kinda beat up. I need to be nicer, more gentle, kinder when I am riding her ;)

I would also like to hang with CH, but that is totally up to him :D ;)

I am also getting really into Refuge Recovery and more so Against the Stream. What a fucking awesome organization, an amazing alternative to the whole 12 Step paradigm and neat monopoly on recovery oriented meetings. I really need to make a sticky for ATS. I have so many project for SL though, it will probably take some time. First I need to so quite a bit of work on my mindfully based stress reduction resource sticky.
los Angeles metro has come a long way with light rail. I think I know where to temple is and that part of town just got a light rail extension and now they are working on Wilshire Blvd purple line extension . Welcome to LA if you are new to the area.

Born in Glendale and moved back a few years ago after spending time in New England. I hated LA when I first moved back, then for quite some time. Only in the past two years have I really started to fall in love with the city for what feels like the first time ever.

Cannot wait until they finish the Wilshire metro rail, didnt know about that. That is going ti make my life much, much better.

Born in Glendale and moved back a few years ago after spending time in New England. I hated LA when I first moved back, then for quite some time. Only in the past two years have I really started to fall in love with the city for what feels like the first time ever.

Cannot wait until they finish the Wilshire metro rail, didnt know about that. That is going ti make my life much, much better.
I'm just over the hill in HLP. Yes the Purple line will be awesome as I use metro. My car was stolen in my hood. Very typical. The exstenstion would have been nice when I lived in Korea Town..... This board is huge but so small if that makes sense. My family on my moms side were from New England. Hence my user name has them looking at me as a black sheep! I love Glendale. Very cute town with a lot to do.

I wish I had mountains in florida. I am way more a mountain and forest person than a beach and ocean person.

You absolutely have to come to California man. The mountain ranges I like to camp at out here are just so beautiful and pristine. Absolutely amazing. :)

I took some great pictures. %)

los Angeles metro has come a long way with light rail. I think I know where to temple is and that part of town just got a light rail extension and now they are working on Wilshire Blvd purple line extension . Welcome to LA if you are new to the area.

They extended the expo line but it sucks. I hate taking it. The metro system is just so ghetto in LA, but it's cheap and convenient, and so much better for the environment than driving a car.

TPD, what do you think about Vajrayāna Buddhism? There is one retreat near my place for which I could get time off from my calendar and it is organized by Diamond Way Buddhism association.
---

I wish there were mountains here too. Only things that will qualify as such are in the middle of nowhere at Lapland area (where Santa Claus lives). Latest ice age flattened our landscape quite totally but we do have thousands of lakes so that is quite a good trade if you like boats or fishing.

TBH I know nothing about it, but I'll look into it and share any thoughts I have with you.

Yeah, the metro here is still a joke, do not get me wrong, but it has improved a bit since the 90s. Anything to avoid having to own a car is what I say. Still, it is nothing like San Franscico or Boston.

Ugh, so I have a quasi dilemma, at least it feels like I do because libido has come back with sucj a vengence after tapering methadone.

I have this really pretty, really young friend from a psychology class I took with whom I always liked in class but ended up becoming friends with recebtly. This mentally ill dude who was almost certainly under the influence was on this bus she was on that was empty except for the two of them. He walks up to her, asks her if she wants this pizza he was carrying around in a pizza box with him, and then out of nowhere swoops in and kisses her, or at least tried to really forcefully. Obvious she is liKE WTF. I am already at the next stop waiting for my bus and I see her hop off and like scoot off away from the dude, who follows her, but keeps his distance now there are other people around (aparently bus driver neither count as people o do shit about sexual harassment on the metro). I see her, obvious to what has just transpired, and wave to her. She see me, waves back and smiles, and like kinda runs over to where I am waiting.

I eventually learn what happened and end up hanging out with her, waiting for her bus because that creepy dude is still there awkwardly milling about us. We ended up chatting and realize we have a bunch in common (who doesn't though, I mean if they really were to try and put their preconcieved notions and ego aside). We get really excited talking about visiting a planetarium at UCLA, she was taking a bunch of astronomy classes. The bus eventually come and I ride with her as far as my stop, and can tell that, especially since the creeper is now long gone, she feels a bit safer and really appriciated my company.

Anyways, god damn age. Im not like thaaaaat much older. Considering she is so young and has features and an intellect I find attractive, of course she is incredibly good looking, a very beautiful young woman. But I learned somewhat recently I want nothing to do with the vast majority of most girls five or more years younger than I am, romantically I mean. Just too much life experience that they have yet to have compared to myself, most of the time I would imagine at least.

So I do not want to cross that line, especially not before I were to learn A LOT more about her, and see where she is at maturity wise. We are gonna hit up Griffith Observatory if I am lucky this weekend and check out the planetarium there. I haven't been in ages and am super excited. How could I not be, even if it sucked in terms of the Observatory, I would still get to spend the evening with a beautiful, fun young lady :D

Metro takes his stuff very serious. Serious enough it is part of the announcement when you are on the plat form, train. I have metro police in my phone and I have had to use it. She should had reported it but understand that under the moment it probably was not thought of. It's good for both of you to put metro authorities in your phones. 323-563-5000

Cool, thanks for the advice. Ill let her know. Im going to shoot you a pm Dodger, so heads up. Sometime today, about to get busy right now.

Metro takes his stuff very serious. Serious enough it is part of the announcement when you are on the plat form, train. I have metro police in my phone and I have had to use it. She should had reported it but understand that under the moment it probably was not thought of. It's good for both of you to put metro authorities in your phones. 323-563-5000

I don't prefer that route but thank you for the information :)

Yeah, I too like to do whatever I can to avoid involving law enforcement in anything, as long as I can help it. Only happens when I am so mad I am not thinking clearly. Always bad news when they get involved, at least IMHO.

Yeah, I too like to do whatever I can to avoid involving law enforcement in anything, as long as I can help it. Only happens when I am so mad I am not thinking clearly. Always bad news when they get involved, at least IMHO.

Yeah situations seem to get worse when the cops get involved, in my experience. I don't talk to them & avoid them whenever possible. :\

Anyway I've just been living life, working and enjoying making money (and not spending it). I do miss heroin, though, if I'm going to be honest about it...:( It's been nice getting healthier, though. I'll be interested to see if, 3-4 months from now when I get off work, I'll go back to using opiates (as I did last year around late September).

Why do all the metros and undergrounds in the world have weirdos, junkies and creepers on them?

Why do all the metros and undergrounds in the world have weirdos, junkies and creepers on them?

It is just the way of the world I guess.

@toothpastedog: A little casual dating is a good thing...just be wary of jumping into things too quickly.

@CH:congrats man...I am getting there soon.

When it comes to involving the police...I would learn to fistfight more effectively before you get the police involved. If there is something going on the threat is usually immediate. When you involve the cops, the solution takes a while to get there and just creates work for you. There are certain situations that the cops should be involved in, but most of the time you can back a weirdo down simply by taking an aggressive posturing. (I thank my rough upbringing for the ability to smell a fight a mile away, and knowing what to do "when shit pops off.")

It is funny, because she is definitely is a weirdo, I am definitely a junkie and he was definitely a creeper ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.