• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Left Hand and Right Hand Path

The Two Paths

creator9.jpg

“Some love the light. Some love the darkness. It is a matter of the unique and infinitely various Creator choosing and playing among its experiences as a child upon a picnic.

Some enjoy the picnic and find the sun beautiful, the food delicious, the games refreshing, and glow with the joy of creation.

Some find the night delicious, their picnic being pain, difficulty, sufferings of others, and the examination of the perversities of nature. These enjoy a different picnic.” - Ra

Some have found the light, while others are still searching for it.

I swear EMO, as noun, is a SUBCULTURE!

But I suppose Goth will suffice.

Personally I believe, as with most things in life, you need to find a good balance between the two, not all people should be treated the same obviously.
You need an ego, being too soft will get you nowhere, some people need to feel you are in control or they'll walk all over you, while other people can be treated with more gentleness.

Nothing in the world is either black or white, it's always black, white and everything in-between.
I see no reason to chose either one of those paths.

I think I have to disagree. Some things are just black and white. And even if they aren't, we just color em darker or lighter anyway.

Ego? I agree you certainly need a backbone to get to where you want to be in some instances, but I've found that the truly astonishing people can be percieved either way. Vertebrate or invertebrate.

Im not going to read everything but use my own thoughts on right and left hand path. Nothing becomes of being good. In nearly 40 years of trying, being nice, or kind, or compassionate has lead me to nothingness. Mostly because most people are too caught up in their own shit to appreciate anything. I am not fully there yet, but think wickedness, and selfishness are probably the only way to be ok with yourself.

Aw. I hope that isn't the case, would be an awfully dim reality.

Maybe we shouldn't be okay with ourselves. :3

Im not really talking about either confidence or hubris. Just living for yourself always and rejecting that people are good so there isnt really a reason to be good back. You can be indifferent or wicked. Caring about other terrible people is futile. So do what you want. It makes no difference.

It's not about how to be successful in life. It's more to do with consciousness and spiritual orientation.

As for what makes you most successful in the world, I think they both can work, and what works best can vary for person to person. For me it's most natural and turns out best to be positive, but I've also had to learn to be negative when it's required, to set limits and for self-protection, etc.

Although you don't really need to be negative to do that - you can just learn to put up a strong opposition to anyone trying to do you (or someone else) harm. If you're powerful/intelligent enough, you don't need to use negativity. I think that is the ideal balance, but difficult to reach.

I have a question, if you choose to follow the left-hand path where does that lead you too? How would your personality change? Where would life take you? I'm very confused on where people who follow this path end up in this life and the afterlife.

Depends how you see it, there are several types.

First, those who just set out to practice black magic probably just produce bad karma for themselves, and not much more. While those who consciously seek to indulge in the left-hand path to speed up their enlightenment might succeed in that, but I presume there would be consequences.

There is also a third category of those who are negative in themselves and seek to become more negative. So they might choose a difficult lifetime to sharpen a blunt edge of anger and hatred. Doesn't make much sense to most, but they see negativity as a strength. The Law of One writes a lot about this (and seems to secretly favour the negative path).

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Negative+Path

What is best - annihilating the self or building up the ego? Discuss.

http://strategicsorcery.blogspot.no/2008/08/left-hand-path-right-hand-path-false.html

The right hand path will lead you to ascension back the source energy from which we all came.

Followers of the left hand path will always realise they made a mistake and did it wrong.

This mostly only happens after their soul leaves their body after physical death when they see they cannot leave the lower 3 planes of existence with the manner and conduct in which they did things.

But they can come back for another incarnation and try again, and try to do it right from the start.

Read Helena Blavatsky’s book – The Secret Doctrine, it’s 867 pages of highly esoteric universal knowledge and she realized in one lifetime what she’s doing is not the way and she went from the left hand path to the correct right hand path in one lifetime, and doing it in one lifetime is fucking big achievement, most will only realise this after physical death.