When will this feeling end?

Ericzebras

Greenlighter
Hey guys so about two weeks ago I did around .3 of mdma. I rolled once a month for the previous 5 or so months prior. On the comeup it was very overwhelming for like 15 minutes then that feeling went away. On the comedown I smoked a little bit of weed and had a massive panic attack. Ever since then I've had pretty bad anxiety, mild depression some days, and a weird dream like state most of the times. Since then I quit all drugs except cigs because im hooked and if i stop smoking ill get even worse anxiety, and an occasional benzo when I feel like a panic attack is coming. I've bee eating healthier, going to the gym most days of the week, and taking supplements like valerian root (to help me sleep and to help me combat the anxiety), magnesium, and multivitamins. Im just really worried that this is going to last more than a month because im not sure if I can do my job which starts in a month in this state and especially do well in school this upcoming semester in August. When should I see a doctor because im getting very desperate. Any advise would be grateful to me

Have you done any other drugs? Did you have any alcohol on the night you did the MDMA? Did you notice anything different about this batch of MDMA - could it have been purer and so you actually ingested more than you're used to? Are you taking any medications other than the ones listed in your post? Have you suffered anxiety or insomnia before that night at all, even if isolated events? How old are you? Sorry about all the questions, my response is dependent on answers to those questions :)

First of all im 20 and since it was the end of finals week I was on like a week to two week Adderall binge. The MDMA was a little different because the rolls didn't last as long and my friend that can't feel MDMA got some anxiety on the comeup, but some other of my friends have tried it and it seemed completely fine to them. Since I finished my last final that day me and my roommates decided to day drink starting around 4pm-5pm. Around Midnight or so thats when I ingested the MDMA. I smoked weed everyday for the past 2 years but recently started getting anxiety from that. Ever since that night I rolled I haven't touched weed since. I don't suffer from insomnia to my knowledge its just that I have a terrible sleep schedule and my anxiety usually gets bad when I try and go to sleep so thats why im taking the Valerian root to solve that.

What is the anxiety about? That can sort of help pin point things you can work on to combat the anxiety. If it happens, especially before sleep you can look up breathe work, you can control your mental state theough your breathing patterns, they teach this in many forms of yoga. Learn to meditate and be mindful of what is triggering the anxiety and you can get some control back.

It could very well be that you got something other than MDMA, adderal mixed with mdma or whatever cathinone RC it might have been, can increase the likelyhood of neurotoxicity issues. This is somewhat common. You are doong the best you can for yourself, being healthy and getting excercise. It will pass in time. All you can do now is work on methods of decreasing that anxiety and mot let it get to the point where it is preventing you from functioning. Anxiety deceeases blood flow to your higher cognitive functions so learning breathe work and learning to remain in control and calm and rational will prevent this from happening.

Deep, slow breathes, slow your heart rate down. Fast and shallow breathing increases your heart rate and causes norepinephrine release. If you can control how you are reacting physically, you can prevent your mind from being so consumed by anxiety.

It could very well be that you got something other than MDMA, adderal mixed with mdma or whatever cathinone RC it might have been, can increase the likelyhood of neurotoxicity issues. This is somewhat common. You are doong the best you can for yourself, being healthy and getting excercise. It will pass in time. All you can do now is work on methods of decreasing that anxiety and mot let it get to the point where it is preventing you from functioning. Anxiety deceeases blood flow to your higher cognitive functions so learning breathe work and learning to remain in control and calm and rational will prevent this from happening.

I was thinking the same thing. It's fairly common for MDMA is going to be cut with other stimulants. For the mount and frequency that you use, you shouldn't be feeling this way from just MDMA.

Since this is a harm reduction site I feel I would be remiss for not mentioning this, and I didn't catch it the first time I responded, but you should never mix booze and MDMA - that is a very dangerous combination and can kill you. That being said, I don't think that is what's going on with how you're feeling now.

Ligaturd gave very valid advice regarding anxiety, and you should look into learning some of those techniques as they are very valuable tools to help combat stress and anxiety in daily life as well.

I think that you should stop all drug use for the time being and let your body recover. Try to eat clean and get adequate sleep. It takes a little while (could be a few months) to heal when neurotoxicity has occurred, so be patient and gentle on yourself. Really try to stay away from stimulants as they will slow the healing process down. Try not to think about it too much so you don't give yourself additional anxiety. I recommend the next time you decide to do MDMA to get a test kit so you can verify that the substance you have is MDMA. They're readily available online.

What is the anxiety about? That can sort of help pin point things you can work on to combat the anxiety. If it happens, especially before sleep you can look up breathe work, you can control your mental state theough your breathing patterns, they teach this in many forms of yoga. Learn to meditate and be mindful of what is triggering the anxiety and you can get some control back.

Deep, slow breathes, slow your heart rate down. Fast and shallow breathing increases your heart rate and causes norepinephrine release. If you can control how you are reacting physically, you can prevent your mind from being so consumed by anxiety.

Well most of my anxiety stems from episodes of slight derealization im thinking. Its like im in a weird dream state and I feel like im very out of it.

Would going to a doctor be useful in my situation or should I just tough it out since im going to be ok in a matter of time?