• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Amphetamine comedown

Josh7000

Bluelighter
I constantly feel very tired from my fibromyalgia, so here and there I try amphetamine. It feels good for a while not too be as tired but when it starts too wear off I go into this strange stressed and depressed state where everything goes dull, Is there something I can do about this. It'd be nice to use here and there to able to focus better and enjoy not being as tired but if I comedown like this everytime I'm not sure. Can someone tell me what's going on ? :/

I take it you're new to amphetamine use. The comedown is very typical, especially when you take too high a dose.

Are they prescribed by your doc? If so you should discuss lowering the dose, or trying something else. Modafinil would probably be more useful for your purposes.

Moving the thread to BDD where you'll get more responses...

But it's weird because the comedown seems to be way longer than the effects or peak, they were very short lived. Now this come down I've lost interest in basically everything. I love music but now I am just not interested. It's horrible. Is that literally what it's normally like. Or does it improve?

Weed! Otherwise, there's really no way to avoid the comedown without using other addictive drugs, but if you don't dose too high it should be minimal. It's kind of just something you have to deal with though, like hangovers after drinking. A different stimulant might be better.

But it's weird because the comedown seems to be way longer than the effects or peak, they were very short lived. Now this come down I've lost interest in basically everything. I love music but now I am just not interested. It's horrible. Is that literally what it's normally like. Or does it improve?

Everyone reacts somewhat differently. Amphetamines might just not be for you. I get a very minimal comedown but I also have very bad ADHD so my brain chemistry isn't quite typical.

Force yourself to eat a healthy balanced diet while on the drug, and drink PLENTY of water. I don't really even have a comedown from amphetamines anymore, unless I was already tired to begin with before taking the meds.

Also, I supplement with a relatively high dose of vitamin C and omega 3 when I feel the effects starting to wear off.

A weak opiate or benzo, will do the trick. I never do coke, without it. But I 'spose this is a vet move.

- Hopeless

I've found weed too help enormously, but I'm just wondering if without it I have to go through a phase of feeling like the worlds about too end

Maybe, but then I don't know what to use for not being chronically tired, caffeine doesn't do a lot. Meth and coke aren't really a viable option. I can see amphetamine being used in a safe way, but not if I can't find a way too stop this

Could you explain what you mean by any more, are you saying if I persist to use this say twice a week eventually there will be no come down?

I would agree about using weed.
I never like encouraging nicotine use, but dipping or having an occasional cigarette can always work to give one a boost.

Could you explain what you mean by any more, are you saying if I persist to use this say twice a week eventually there will be no come down?

I think he was referring to his diet as being the cause of the comedown absence. Building a tolerance won't help the comedown. The piper needs to be paid, and that applies to just about anything.

- Hopeless Soul

A weak opiate or benzo, will do the trick. I never do coke, without it. But I 'spose this is a vet move.

- Hopeless

It may do the trick psychologically, but the come-down symptoms OP is experiencing could be from lack of food, water, or nutrition while taking the amphetamine. The come-down may also be indicative of a too high dose, although only you and your doctor could determine this, if your physician is the one prescribing amphetamine (hopefully).

Maybe the amphetamine you are taking, or the dosage, is not interacting with your brain well. There are other classes of ADHD medication other than the amphetamie family. Have you looked into other stimulating medications that are not as potent as amphetamine, such as wellbutrin? I hear anecdotal reports of patients getting their energy and motivation back after starting wellbutrin

^ The phrase "here and there", would lead me to believe he isnt getting them from dr. So most likely he doesn't have different amphetamines to choose from. However nutrition and dosage do play a.significant role, you're right about that!

- Hopeless

I would also say that cannabis works well. After years of smoking, I was only left with an anxiety-inducing effect from weed. However, around the same time period, it for some reason only provided positive effects when used for an Adderall comedown.

I also remember smoking hashish at this time, which was even more effective. (In addition to a standard grade, I had access to what someone had called "butane hash" that had an almost opiate-level of therapeutic benefits. It felt almost like oxycodone.)

Both hashish and edible forms of cannabis seem smoother. A benzo has a more direct effect on an amphetamine crash. It may only be desirable after a higher dose of amp.

I would also say that cannabis works well. After years of smoking, I was only left with an anxiety-inducing effect from weed. However, around the same time period, it for some reason only provided positive effects when used for an Adderall comedown.

I also remember smoking hashish at this time, which was even more effective. (In addition to a standard grade, I had access to what someone had called "butane hash" that had an almost opiate-level of therapeutic benefits. It felt almost like oxycodone.)

Both hashish and edible forms of cannabis seem smoother. A benzo has a more direct effect on an amphetamine crash. It may only be desirable after a higher dose of amp.

I think cannabis works pretty well at lessening the side effects of a stimulant come-down. But if i consume cannabis while on Vyvanse, i get exacerbated anxiety and weird feelings. Cannabis in general gives me anxiety sometimes, does anyone else experience this?

For me, I just take a xanax if the come-down is getting miserable. Or i drink Emergen-C (lots of vitamin C) which helps the stimulant excrete your system faster, and this has work for me on a few occasions. On occasion, just one glass of wine will obliterate any come-down effects