• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

methadone for two weeks, questions about it

db111

Greenlighter
hello everyone i Am at2 para with severe chronic pain. I moved from ca to ok and my pain meds were stolen. well i didnt want to deal with the withdrawls so i went to the local methadone clinic and signed up to get on the methadone until i could get into a local dr. that was two weeks ago today. they started me at 30 mg and i am up to 60 now, I dont want to be on methadone so I figured when I got my script refilled that i would just quit. My question is, do you think that by body will imeaditly adjust to oxycottin from methadone? Or will I still have withdrawls from methadone too? I need pain meds to have a decent life, bc my pain is so high all the time. Should I tapper off the methadone by dropping 5mg every two days? this is the way they raised me up. any help in this matter would be appreciated!!

thanks

d

You are going to be going straight back onto oxycodone after stopping the methadone? What dose?

Yes the analgesic effect of oxycodone , will be lessened, after the methadone use. This shouldnt last long though, and tapering will help your cause. Although you might not feel 100% "right", I doubt youd endure too many wd symptoms.

- Hopeless Soul

You are going to be going straight back onto oxycodone after stopping the methadone? What dose?

5 30mg oc daily, and yes that is the plan. I was on two 60mg oc daily and 5 10mg percs daily but i told the doc that after being on the 0c for the last five years that the pill was only lasting 8hrs so he switched me to this. which i think he fucked me really.

thanks man. ill start tappering down tomorrow. I just was raising it bc i have to fly out monday and will be without for a couple of days so i have to spread sundays dose out over three days

the dr said that 5 30g oc is more than the 60mg of extended over 12hrs. he claimed that 60 mg is released over 12 hrs, whereas i was uder the impression that you would get 60mg constant for 12hrs. does anyone know here?

^ well yeah, 150mg is going to be more than 60mg.. But to answer your question about er, half gets absorbed right away (30mg), and the other half, gets absorbed over time.

-SS373dOH

sure 150 is more than 60, but i was prescibed two 60s oxy extended release and 5 perc 10s. my question is that 60 mgs released over 12hrs or is it 60mg constant over 12hrs?

Half is released right away, the other half is released continually for 12 hours, depending on your metabolism.

- Hopeless

5 30mg oc daily, and yes that is the plan. I was on two 60mg oc daily and 5 10mg percs daily but i told the doc that after being on the 0c for the last five years that the pill was only lasting 8hrs so he switched me to this. which i think he fucked me really.

So you were originally taking 170mg oxycodone per day, now you are taking 60mg methadone per day, and you will be going back to oxycodone and taking 150mg of it? If I look at a conversion table then your methadone and oxy doses should be roughly equivalent, however in reality it can actually vary a lot from person to person. I'd try to taper the methadone down to a lower dose if you can handle it, to be on the safe side. But I don't think you're likely to be screwed and feel terrible.

Hi I'm new to bluelight & I'm trying to make a post & it's to get help with so,etching very serious & I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it please please please help

Hi I'm new to bluelight & I'm trying to make a post & it's to get help with so,etching very serious & I can't figure out for the life of me how to do it please please please help

you just did!!

So you were originally taking 170mg oxycodone per day, now you are taking 60mg methadone per day, and you will be going back to oxycodone and taking 150mg of it? If I look at a conversion table then your methadone and oxy doses should be roughly equivalent, however in reality it can actually vary a lot from person to person. I'd try to taper the methadone down to a lower dose if you can handle it, to be on the safe side. But I don't think you're likely to be screwed and feel terrible.

Im just wondering if I was to rapidly tapper off this say 20mg for three days in a row and take my 5 30mg oxycodone would I feel withdraws? bc wouldnt the oxy take over the receptors and prevent the withdraw feelings or symptoms

Im just wondering if I was to rapidly tapper off this say 20mg for three days in a row and take my 5 30mg oxycodone would I feel withdraws? bc wouldnt the oxy take over the receptors and prevent the withdraw feelings or symptoms

Yes, the oxy should be enough to relieve most or all of the withdrawal from the methadone for most people. But if you can comfortably reduce your methadone dose by 20mg then I would do that personally.