MAPS The science of psilocybin and its use to relieve suffering

TheBlackPirate

Bluelighter
The science of psilocybin and its use to relieve suffering

displaypicturethumbnail

Leading psychopharmacologist Roland Griffiths discloses the ways that psychedelic drugs can be used to create spiritually meaningful, personally transformative experiences for all patients, especially the terminally ill.

[video=youtube_share;81-v8ePXPd4]http://youtu.be/81-v8ePXPd4[/video]

source

Thanks for posting this. I can't stream it at the moment because my internet connection is really terrible, but I bookmarked it for later. I'm a big fan of psilocybin and I think it has large potential when it comes to its applications as part of psychiatric treatment, I'm always interested to hear more on that topic

It's amazing that a person can elect to try everything from legally prescribed brain altering drugs to electroshock 'therapy' and yet cannot choose to try a therapy such as this simply because of the enduring perception (of the culture in general, the government and the medical community establishment) that using hallucinogens is simply dangerous and hedonistic recreation.

It's high time we all started openly discussing this topic. We know that it is legitimate. Many of us have even had numerous benefits from psychedelics, myself included. We don't need to let social stigma inhibit us from spreading the truth around about these things. People may judge and be confused about it, but we can't let misinformed people discourage us from realigning the information back into a productive and widely available state, a state that the collective information has not been in since at least the dark ages of the Roman Catholic church and quite probably before. A revolution of peace is coming in the world. Things will explode outward, probably fail catastrophically, but then the phoenix will rise from the ashes. Through a massive clashing of poles, the world will learn one of the biggest lessons, if not the biggest lesson, that it ever has. Who we are and why we are here. The meaning of life.