Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Silene Capensis / ~4g ) - First & Second Time - Works but with preconditions

subdefy

Bluelighter
I received a half ounce of root pieces of this tree from a supplier and proceeded to divide it up into roughly equal piles (as I had read large doses weren?€™t lethal / harmful so I felt comfortable eyeballing it). I had planned on using it for five days but only lasted two. However, for these two days it did ?€œwork?€. So quick background I have schizoaffective so I probably react to these compound much differently than others but if anything it shows that certain things are not blocked by antipsychotics.

What was significant for me was that it felt like a light serotonin syndrome during the day and that is probably because it is interacting with some medication (bupropion, propranolol, ziprasidone, lithium one or a combination of these). I know this because I?€™ve had light serotonin syndrome before from mirtazapine and a mix of the previously mentioned meds. I noticeably didn?€™t get any sort of nausea or ?€œpurgative?€ effect from the high dose I took which leads me to believe only the finely ground powder (see pictures) was what was absorbed by my body. You?€™re also not supposed to notice anything throughout the day that you had taken something which was most definitely not the case. I felt like I was very lightly tripping or had a light fever. After the first night I noticed a significant increase in dream recall ability in addition to it being intensely vivid. I usually do not remember my dreams, it is only rarely that I do. The second day I awoke and took the concoction on an empty stomach waiting until I was hungry to eat or at least an hour and a half. Throughout the day I kept checking my pupils to see if I was experiencing serotonin syndrome (I realize this is not the only test you can do but it?€™s the easiest/fastest/most convenient) and my pupils were normal sized.

The second night was even more intense than the first with an even longer remembrance of what I dreamed of and specifically who. For some reason, both of my dreams involved distant past a decade+ with both people who felt strong connections to me but who otherwise turned out to be horrible people overall. I noticed at night while eating kettle chips and dark chocolate milanos that I was getting what I can only call ?€œlockjaw,?€ with the chips which I?€™ve gotten on amphetamines before which greatly disturbed me enough to call it all off (I wanted to get to the fabled three day mark). It seemed as if the side effects were getting worse with time though still ?€œmanageable?€ I didn?€™t want to be the first casualty due to a medication interaction. It?€™s very ill advised as it is for me to try out psychedelics with my condition but there is a spiritual component to it. So spare the comments of how risky it is, I have pretty mild anhedonia and these types of experiences help alleviate it.

So just a word to those who are taking Wellbutrin, Geodon, Lithium or any Betablockers (Propanolol) you may be in for an uncomfortable ride.

Preperation:
Approx 1/5th of half ounce so ~2.5g of root pieces grounded to the best of my ability to a powder. Half a jam jar of cold purified water. Shaken vigorously several times until foam forms. The foam is *supposed* to continue to build but mine just melted back into the water forming a soapy water mixture which didn?€™t taste nearly as bad as it looked. It was then drunk and the remaining powder discarded believing that the shaking was enough to get the alkaloids mixed in with the water.

Reflection: I can see this substance as being something (for people who don't have pre-existing medical conditions/medications for mood/thought disorders) that combines very well with other tryptamines either influencing your dreams or overall affecting the way silene interacts with your mind. Anyway there isn't much info out there on this so I thought I would contribute.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/SqTwG

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_silenecapensis
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
explevel_firsttime
explevel_secondtime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for submitting this, I've been interested in this herb for a while. I may yet give it a try.