• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are good drugs for lonely people like me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyBerry

Greenlighter
Hello guys!

I am often at home lonely and sometimes I'm frustrated because I am not able to go out with other teenagers because I am not feeling relaxed or excited, but rather uptight and introverted. That's the reason why I have no friends to go out at night or like that.
I suffer from social anxiety and I am taking an SNRI (venlafaxine) for SA and for my depression.

When I'm at home I can only choose between alcohol or caffeine / coffee. With alcohol, I sometimes become a bit euphoric and sometimes depressed.
Caffeine is like an upper (for me) but too much could worsen my anxiety as well.

What drugs could give me a good feeling although I am alone at home?

Agreed. Weed is you're best option.

Being as you're a teenager, and currently are not an addict, it's smart to STAY THAT WAY. No reason in getting involved in anything like benzos (which are drugs like Xanax, Ativan, etc) or pain killers because once you start down that road - especially for something other than a doctor prescribed pain - most people don't come back. Or at least, it's very hard to. And starting those types of drugs might lead to other drugs like cocaine, heroin, meth, and so on. I know I sound like I'm teaching a D.A.R.E class but I bet everyone else here is going to tell you the same thing... they should at least...

^^exactly. And honestly, weed is lot more interesting than downers so if boredom is your issue, it'd perfect. I'm so glad I started smoking weed before doing any other drugs because I think having weed as my main drug makes it a lot easier to limit the other ones. And weed can be very medicinal so that's another nice advantage.

I loved doing ketamine by myself, sitting on my bed, blowing lines and listening to Shoegaze. I actually cried at one point at how beautiful it was.

you need a good healthy dose of confidence followed by growing a pair and getting out there son (my therapist told me that and it worked)
look for people who share the same interest as you
and do you really wanna be dependent on a substance to get friends? well weed is ok but other than that i dont advise you to take anything
you might end up addicted to something to end up right back where you are right now but with an addiction to boot

Maybe there are other things you can do to occupy your time to take your mind off being lonely. Like joining a club or learning a sport, you can meet new friends. I'm sorry you're feeling this way but I have to close this as Bluelight does not permit drug recommendation. I don't think it's a good idea to add more drugs into the mix, especially alcohol since you're already prescribed venlafaxine. I was also thinking seeing a therapist might help. I wish you the best and feel free to post anything that's not asking what drugs you can take. Take care! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.