Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Pot Brownie / Xanax 1.25mg - felt the other side of the psychedelic experience

Trip Falling Up

Greenlighter
To start off, here's a little backstory. I've been experimenting with drugs since high school ended, currently 20 and in college. Done a variety, psychedelics being my favorite. This was certainly an interesting experience.

The night started off a little late. I had no obligations the following morning and was kinda wound up and a bit tired too. The previous day I was out and about exploring a city with the gf. So I had previously acquired marijuana edible brownies (my favorite). Prior to this night I had tried half of one and experienced an intensely euphoric high, coupled with a very very nice body high. Naturally I wanted to recreate this experience, with a twist. I'm on prescription xanax .25, and had some extra, and I've heard the two have an interesting synergy.

T-00: Ate said pot brownie, a whole one. Was pretty excited but still a bit worn out. Got inside, ready for bed, watered plants, fed fish, etc night chores. Not really feeling anything.

T-45mins: The sweet waves of mary jane begin to envelop my body. That familiar hazy electric feeling of edible high begin to hit and I'm loving it. At this point I'm cozy in bed with some water and snacks. Dim the lights and turn on the jams and I'm ready for a good time.

T-1h15min: Decide now would be a good time to take the xanax. I want the climax's to overlap. Ingested 5 .25 mg tabs of alpralozam. Listening to some indie and edm. Whatever it was it was great. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

T-1hr45min: The xannies hit and I kinda melt into the bed. At this point I'm really getting into the music and it starts to get psychedelic, as it normally does when I introvertly feel weed. If that makes any sense. I've done acid before and constantly think about the universe and what's beyond, but xanax on this brownie trip definitely potentiated these feelings in an entirely new light. Before, I was always trying to recreate the experience of my first with lucy, but after this it was almost sobering.

T-2hr15min: I remember closing my eyes when the xanax hit completely, and seeing brown bursts of color swirling in the center of my vision. I remember distinctly thinking "man, im just chilling here in my body and this is awesome. i don't need to know what the universe's secrets are, i should be and am happy right here on earth"

T-???: nodded tf to sleep lol

To a degree it opened my mind and to this day has helped alleviate some of the issues I've experienced with HPPD. For me, marijuana is like a time machine for all the drugs I've done before with it and without it. So, using marijuana it's easy to visit or even mimic some of my previous trips and feelings associated with them. The xanax in addition to a strong ass pot brownie was incredibly unique, and for those suffering from HPPD or any kind of issues really, the psychoactive effects of marijuana when coupled with a sedative and anti-anxiety/calming benzo can lead to a definitive shift in perception; for the better (especially so when used in a more introspective way, rather than at a party)

T-8hrs: Waked tf back up. Felt like I was stuck in molasses. I got up and almost collapsed, my legs were wobbly. Most likely from the high benzo dose. The pot brownie thc still lingered and left puddles of haze in my brain. I don't remember much of that day. I woke up at 12 and I don't remember much until around 6-8pm or so. I was in a dazed stupor all day long.

In result, this combination comes with a price. If unexperienced, I don't suggest it. However, if you've been through the depths and need something to ground you back to reality, this will hit the spot. Very interesting combination. Some have added caffeine to the mix so you don't nod off, haven't tried it yet. All in all it was a good time. May or may not do it again though.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
substancecode_xanax
substancecode_alprazolam
substancecode_pharms
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds interesting. It sounds as though the Xanax may have allowed you to be much calmer during the effects of the cannabis than normally, which helped to facilitate a more insightful experience. Very interesting.

Sounds interesting. It sounds as though the Xanax may have allowed you to be much calmer during the effects of the cannabis than normally, which helped to facilitate a more insightful experience. Very interesting.

I agree. Ive heard of people taking edibles of insanely high doses and either feeling scared shit or feeling brought up to a higher conciousness. The benzos definitely calmed you down to mitigate any fear of how high you actually were so you were able to feel like you were tripping.