• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

help me figure out if any of this can produce DMT?

The only way to create a DMT-like experience from widely available natural materials is to take DMT. The enzyme inhibition he is talking about won't work.

"If you wanted to experiment, you could take lysine daily (for piperidine creation) and try a small dose of phenylethylamine/tryptophan/5-HTP (be careful!)/melatonin and see what happens..."
serotonin2A , he made it laughably simple i couldnt believe someone is suggesting this!
but since we have DMT naturally produced in our brains, instead of taking actual DMT, we can in fact cause its inner release, isnt that possible? i guess such crazy suggestions he has are in part due to the belief somehow we can encourage such natural production.

but since we have DMT naturally produced in our brains, instead of taking actual DMT, we can in fact cause its inner release, isnt that possible?

Not the way he is talking about. Transmitters/modulators are released in specific locations in the brain, so even if you could increase DMT release, it wouldn't mimic the effect of exogenous DMT, which activates receptors throughout the CNS.

DMT is undoubtedly endogenous, but that doesn't mean that it acts as a transmitter. No one has ever shown that it is released by neurons in quantities that can alter neuronal activity, let alone produce subjective effects.