• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

Actually the government can make a killing by regulating and taxing these drugs, but instead they're losing money by fighting them. There are a lot of theories about why our draconian drug policies are a thing, but I'm guessing it's some combination of pharma lobbyists, possibly racism, and just the same disinformation being ingrained into kids for generations.

And the DEA didn't follow through in their emergency scheduling because of the work the AKA did to combat them. However, it's still on their hit list, and legislation that would give the DEA more autonomy to schedule Kratom and designer drugs is currently in the works.

Oh they aren't losing money there making a killing on bribes from the private prison industry. Its not wonder ppl are opening fire on these bribe taking bastards with assualt rifles these days.

i promise that if session knew that kratom existed it would all be over in a second. good thing he is oblivious to everything going on in society and the world .

Ya the actual politicians can make a killing from the war on drugs, but the public is losing money by funding the DEA and mass incarceration.

Also, they will make money from people having to go to rehab for opiate addiction instead of taking Kratom to get off of it. Without Kratom, the government isn't needed. People won't be investing more money into rehabs. So it all goes back to them making money, even if it kills you. And they act concerned like Kratom is so harmful, but they want you to remain an addict and die.

I think it's pretty evident from the situation with cannabis in places like Colorado that there is far more return for the economy as a whole when stuff like this is taxed but available. And I thought these people supposedly cared about the economy... It's amazing some of the studies that have been done, assessing the economic costs and benefits of current drug policy versus alternative systems.

So... Is there any current plans to schedule Kratom? I don't use it often but I like to have it in the cupboard. Should I stock up? Or are we cool for tge time being?

The new administration seems to have begun posturing for it's ban, but afaik there are no concrete plans to schedule it quite yet.

I forgot that I left my last 250g bag of Kratom in my car months ago. It slid under the seat and has been hiding there since winter.

Where I live it's been ~100 F most days lately. We even had about a week where it got to around 110 F. The inside temperature of my car must have been easily WELL over 120F most days.

Poor bag of Kratom, I'm sorry.

In a few days my current bag will be empty and I'll start using from the bag that's been in my car. Interested to see if it's degraded. Smells a little different but it's not mouldy or anything.

I bet it'll still be active. People boil Kratom into a tea without destroying the goods so I'm confident. Besides, isn't Kratom grown in tropical regions?. I'll report back.

Someone got me Kratom from a vape shop - I am sure it's low quality as such

And it's just However if I run out opioids in a couple of weeks I may try it

I of course have studied it, however it's in powder form so I am wondering, could I just mix it with coffee or does it need prolonged heat to work?(release alkaloids) They sell capsules so it seems like it should work

Any advice for first time use would be useful, and please note, I have a high opioid tolerance

Thanks y

You can just take it as is. Look up 'toss and wash' for a classic consumption method. I make tea with normally and I use a teabag so it doesnt mix with the water because it tastes like shit. Many kratom tea recipes online involve mixing the powder in but I find this unneccesary. Classic kratom tea was made with whole kratom leaves too so they didnt drink the powder down (again it tastes like ass). So yeah you can swallow it or mix it into a drink. whatever you feel like

I can't help with info about your opiod tolerance as I don't use it for that, just for occasional mood boost while studying.

Well thank you for the reply. How do you make a homemade teabag?

And yeah, I've read it tastes terrible

Would it be a waste to take oxycodone 4-6 hours after my last kratom dose?

well it depends on how much tolerance you has gained under your kratom use.. I founded that my tolerance to oxy went to the roof after taking kratom.. I took maybe 15g / day at that time. didn't feel the oxy at all..

@twelvefingers So you can take 15g of kratom (or how much was a single dose of yours?) without getting uncomfortable nervousness? This is my primary concern with kratom as I've read that overdose comes with anxiety, heavy tachycardia etc. but reports are conflicting here.

I don't really feel much from 5g of gold vein, which is the max recommended dose according to the headshop but I don't feel much. It has a verry subtle warmth but it might as well be placebo. So just take another 2.5g or even 5g?

Weird that a partial agonist (apparently it is one, didn't know but somebody mentioned this yesterday) does increase opioid tolerance so much, it should rather be less problematic than the full agonists like oxy, morphine etc.
Found kratom to be effective for physical withdrawal symptoms though and it seems to produce less of them by itself, at least much less diarrhea, but some runny nose and sweating. Would be great if it didn't cause so much depression and anxiety like morphine does.

Also interesting that kratom is an alpha2-adrenergic agonist which are autoreceptors, thus actually decrease the output of norepinephrine but still seems to be somewhat stimulating in nature.

I've used 5g 3times/day. it happened I took more but I just felt sick, nausea, puking.. eating candy helped and laying completely still.. not so horrible but really annoying and boring

I think if you want to be safe just wait 30-60mins before you take more kratom then it will be fine..

nowadays I using around 1gram or less each dose, I've learned that less is more with kratom. but im looking for the mood lifting and energy effects.

Kratom is little tricky ithink, if I have eaten before a don't feel it at all, (some say it just delays the effect..but I don't feel It at all really)
to use whole pepper grains, tumeric and cayenne pepper seems to helps both the effects to be stronger and last longer.. I dunno really why, im trying to find some info about this.. I guess its have something to do with the stomach acids...

How tiny is the line between good effects and feeling sick? Will you first feel good and a little nauseous like it's possible with e.g. morphine, or does it turn around suddenly (also experienced this with full agonists, when I had little tolerance and took too much all the good effects were gone)?

I don't feel any nausea from 5g gold vein, a little warmth and no uncomfortable stimulation but I unfortunately lack a scale atm, so I just took half of the 10g baggie by eye. Don't know whether to add 2.5g or not.

Weird that you really feel just 1g, maybe my stuff isn't of that good quality. But in past I didn't feel much from other batches / other suppliers either, including extracts.

It seems that some people just need larger kratom doses than others, even without a general opioid tolerance, like they need 10g or more to even feel it while other people are quite content with like 1-3g. Perhaps some people are just better at metabolizing mitragynine into 7-hydroxymitragynine than others?

I started using kratom at around 3-5g and found those doses to be good. After some time I noticed a bit of reverse tolerance, or I just became more aware of the effects, and now I like my doses to be around 1.5-2g. Anymore than that and the side effects begin to outweigh the positives. I can't stand doses larger than 3g anymore, just feels yucky now. But a small 1.5g dose is very nice.

My only complaint about small doses is the very short duration of the peak effects. About ~1.5 hours after consumption I notice that the main effects seem to be wearing off and the urge to redose rears up. I can find myself redosing like every 2-3 hours from morning to night if I'm not careful. Such constant redosing is a sure fire way for me to produce withdrawals when stopping.

I've been trying kratom for a while now and don't seem to be getting the effects of it. Perhaps I haven't got the hang of dosing - I use plain leaf powder in gelatin capsules and I take small amounts of kratom extract with it as a booster

Is it easy to take too much and ruin the effects? I see lots of people say less is more with kratom

Or stock while u still can. Lol. How often will u come across a plant that acts like an opiod?
Illegal in Sept?? I just found krantom and it's the only thing that helps my add and pain..I just got 3 teeth extracted today and red krantom took away the pain..unlike Motrin 600 like I was prescribed