• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

Hmm. Unfortunately this information is not very significant, as only one of those quotes contains a dose regimen. Considering the homogeneity of the reports, I suspect a bad vendor/charge as the main culprit of those adverse effects.

However, it should be common sense, that Kratom also contains adrenergic modulators. I personally cannot confirm any of those mentioned symptoms despite a short-term drop in testosterone. It seems, that the majority of the persons, that complained about hair-loss are female. Perhaps Kratom has adverse effects on the progesterone/estrogene - balance in a more draconian manner and hence females are more likely to experience undesired (long-term) effects.

Good response, and yes I also noticed most of the users complaining of hair loss are female and wondered why that was.

It's always all just going to be anecdotal.

Someone else suggested starting a poll which is a good idea but I don't feel like doing it at the moment so maybe someone else could lol.

The testosterone link unfortunately seems to be probably be true.

Perhaps it was bad vendor, we can't know for sure.

At least you aren't passing off anything I say to me being a headcase like that one poster did lol.

I really love Kratom, it's my favorite drug and that's why I want to address any health concerns relating to it.

Sweeping them under the rug is certainly not going to help anyone.

I think it's probably totally safe to use one day a week, but more than that, who knows.

All I know is I am getting to the point of needing a LONG break without being able to commit to NEVER using again because I love it so much lol.

I'm gonna finish off the few ounces I have coming in the mail and after that stop for at least 6 or more months but that's just me.

I have never lost any hair with kratom.. very weird. Drop of libido; I am not sure. Maybe loss of libido is because you've found something you like just as much as sex? Lol.

I have never lost any hair with kratom.. very weird. Drop of libido; I am not sure. Maybe loss of libido is because you've found something you like just as much as sex? Lol.

Yeah maybe it's just a weird side effect most people don't have as I've only spoken to one person on bluelight that had it happen to her, just a few minutes ago, but before going to reddit I'd never heard of it.

I guess I'm pretty doubtful it would ever happen to me but it's concerning that it happens to anyone.

The one effect I can't claim for sure is drop in testosterone, but a lot of people seem to be taking it as fact because they say all opiates/opioids lower it.

I wish someone could confirm it 100% though.

Yeah maybe it's just a weird side effect most people don't have as I've only spoken to one person on bluelight that had it happen to her, just a few minutes ago, but before going to reddit I'd never heard of it.

I guess I'm pretty doubtful it would ever happen to me but it's concerning that it happens to anyone.

The one effect I can't claim for sure is drop in testosterone, but a lot of people seem to be taking it as fact because they say all opiates/opioids lower it.

I wish someone could confirm it 100% though.

Here's a study on opioid's effects on testosterone. They pretty much all have a significant impact on testosterone, so kratom's effect on testosterone is everything but 100% certain

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0376871615000733

Here's a study on opioid's effects on testosterone. They pretty much all have a significant impact on testosterone, so kratom's effect on testosterone is everything but 100% certain

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0376871615000733

I think you meant it's "almost 100% certain"...just sounded odd the way you said it.

That really sucks.

But do we have any idea how long it takes testosterone levels to return to normal after Kratom use?

I mean of course that would depend on frequency of usage and dosage and probably other factors so it would probably be hard to say.

When I went 5 days in a row without last week I felt my libido was stronger, so I'm guessing it returns pretty quickly.

I also wonder how much the lowered testosterone may decrease recovery from injury or make injury more likely??

I do martial arts and don't want my body to take much longer to recover from workouts, and I've had injuries in the past.

But I doubt anyone really has answers to any of these questions.

If anyone THINKS they do, then post your opinions/facts please.

note that those studies re: lowered testosterone are with methadone/buprenorphine usage.... which typically follows a much different usage pattern than kratom, higher doses etc.

The one thing that's bothering me about kratom right now is the constipation... I have taken a few laxatives today and it helped a little, but the constipation can be fairly chronic if I don't eat enough fiber / drink water. It seems I need to eat more fiber than I normally would have. When I take a day off from kratom I get a bit of the runs though... not to be graphic..

^Maybe try to go to the toilet before you take your first dose of the day or try magnesium milk :)

note that those studies re: lowered testosterone are with methadone/buprenorphine usage.... which typically follows a much different usage pattern than kratom, higher doses etc.

Thanks sekio, but isn't it certain, that testosterone imbalance can be directly attributed to mu-opioid (or even x-opioid) agonism ? Or is the influence on hormones a much more complicated mechanism, that also depends on other attributes of the various known opioids ?

I do feel like I am somewhat physically addicted to it in the evenings. I want to try something to help me get off for a few days so I can sleep. Is Valerian root good??

Low doses of melatonine (100-500 MICROgrams) plus 2 beers should also put you to sleep. A too high dose can cause nightmares, though. :D

I bought some St. John's Wort, but I don't feel I want to get off krat just yet.... when I do decide to, it's there. I have taken it so I know the effects and it seemed to at least eliminate the cravings.

^^^ at johns wort only made me feel manic and crazy. Just taper the kratom when it's time to stop, easy as that.

^^^ at johns wort only made me feel manic and crazy. Just taper the kratom when it's time to stop, easy as that.

I think I want to take at least a two day break before a camping trip I have on August 20th, so I'll be looking to do that around that time.
I like the St. John's Wort. It wasn't sedating or calming but it just changed my outlook to a positive outlook, generally

Is St Johns Wort something that works immediately or does it need to build up in your system? I want to reduce my kratom use to just 2-3 days a week and I need something to reduce my cravings on the days that I don't.

I would advise against any saint johns wart, it made me manic and I was not in the vulnerable state of opiate abstinence.

Is St Johns Wort something that works immediately or does it need to build up in your system? I want to reduce my kratom use to just 2-3 days a week and I need something to reduce my cravings on the days that I don't.

I know what you mean.. I might try 5 HTP too.

For me when I took St. John's it worked immediately, almost an hour later. I felt elevated mood and more positivity. Although I did not have severe cravings that night, I decided to take the kratom anyway. But the cravings weren't like physical need that they usually are.
I just did some kratom but I think I'm going to take a St. Johns just to see how it interacts with it.

There's also kava kava, which can be relatively expensive... or just plain chamomile sleep tea (if you take enough of that stuff) ..

^^^ Dude, taperig down is a lot better than saint johns wart. You could very likely trigger a manic episode.

I don't know.. today I took some St. John's Wort (admittedly, about twice what the daily dose is) and I vowed not to do kratom. These vows typically never work, and I always reach into that cupboard. But today I actually feel less craving, and right now I'm sober and just tired. Do you think it could be the St. Johns? I'm also drinking some chamomile tea.