• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I think you wanted to post this in the megathread. Are you red veined or what the hack ? :sus:

btw : I had a conversation with Mycophile. And we agreed to disagree more or less. Justin Case that I come along as even more disrespectful than I am, by not answering to his post in this very thread where we stand at this moment in space-time.

Last edited:
Lol, now half of my post doesn't make sense anymore. But hook errs ? =D

Sometimes I wonder, whether you also speak like you write. =D

Like how I have some words in caps lock?

Yeah, thats an old habit of mine.

You should have seen what my posts USED to look like lol.

I just use it for emphasis sometimes instead of bold or italics but I should probably use the latter more often.

Naw, I don't speak like that, and in life I generally don't speak as much period as I write online.

I think you wanted to post this in the megathread. Are you red veined or what the hack ? :sus:

btw : I had a conversation with Mycophile. And we agreed to disagree more or less. Justin Case that I come along as even more disrespectful than I am, by not answering to his post in this very thread where we stand at this moment in space-time.

LOL, that's fine man.

I just think that if people want to use drugs for recreation rather than medication it's morally ok so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else and we should help them to avoid negative health effects as much as possible rather than try to convince them to stop using.

If someone wants to use a drug then they are going to use it and sometimes even the law cannot stop them, as is shown by the ridiculous war on drugs.

So I find it's best not to take a stance that people shouldn't try to manage their own recreational drug use, and instead accept that they will do what they are going to do and give them advice (if they want it) on how to minimize the damage they do to themselves.

IF ONLY doctors (and psychiatrists also) would do that more often and we could just be blunt with them and tell them what we are using and have them not preach to us but try to tell us the good, the bad and the ugly and tell us if there's ANY way we can use these substances and minimize the harm, it would be AMAZING.

Some more forward thinking countries/cities like Amsterdam and Portugal are taking this route and it's great, and then you've got the worst of the worst when it comes to Australia, the U.K., Indonesia, Malaysia, etc and their archaic laws.

In reality, the U.S. is a better place to be a drug user than a lot of countries, but IMO this shit needs to stop.

Drug use and drug users need to stop being demonized.

At most, it's a HEALTH issue, not a legal one IMO.

I saw it offered for sale in a bodega in NYC.

Perhaps, one could suspend it in clarified butter, or olive oil?

I saw it offered for sale in a bodega in NYC.

Perhaps, one could suspend it in clarified butter, or olive oil?

Really? That's weird, I don't doubt it but I've never seen kratom sold in head shops in NYC, which is where I was born and lived until 3 years ago. Then again I didn't go to head shops that much.

Anyway why would you want to suspend it in clarified butter or olive oil? Is that in regard to SS's earlier post about converting mitragynine into 7-HM?

Also, Mycophile, I agree with you 100% on your post. The U.S is terrible with it's drug policies, but it also varies where you live. It seems like in Ohio drug offenses are taken vary seriously (that's just my impression-havn't used anything illegal since I came here), but in the bay area it's practically legal to shoot dope.

Question for those of you who have used kratom for withdrawl. How many days does it take to start feeling ok when making the transition to kratom? Am I still going to feel like shit for a few days or does it immediately help? I am planning a detox from PST soon and need to work it around my work schedule. I have tried Kratom before but it was shitty headshop kratom so it didn't help too much tbh. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

You know, it's hard for me to say but I'll share my experience with it. When I first moved to Ohio I couldn't get on methadone or Suboxone for about two weeks and was kicking dope HARD. I didn't take any opioid based drugs at all, with the exception of a few tramadol that didn't do much for me, but that wasn't until the third or forth day. By the 5th day the worst of the withdrawals were over but I still felt like hell, so I got some Kratom and I immediately felt wayyy better.

When I switched from Suboxone to Kratom, there was no adjustment period. I had tapered myself down to 2-3mg SL dose of Buprenorphine, and at the right dosage, the kratom held me perfectly. In fact, I felt incredibly euphoric the first few days after transitioning off Suboxone. The only thing is that Kratom wears off pretty quickly, so you have to dose it much more often then you would with Suboxone or methadone, but at the same time it's also very easy to taper your dose down too.

but at the same time it's also very easy to taper your dose down too.

Is there any methodical approach to doing this? I've been taking Kratom for a little less than a year and my tolerance is far too high for my liking. How do you go about tapering? How much less do you take day-to-day? If you've done so, that is. I experience withdrawals when I don't have it in my system for a while. The symptoms are manageable, just kind of shitty.

I use the T&W method, I've heard that making tea is more efficient but I have been given no evidence to support that claim. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I've heard that making tea is more efficient ...

It depends on what you mean by "most efficient". If your talking about "bang for the buck" and getting the most out of your kratom I would argue the opposite. Eating kratom is a sure fire way to get as many alkaloids out of it as possible. It may take longer to kick in, but it should last longer too.

Now, your original question had to do with tapering. If you were to make tea instead of T&W, maybe you would get less of an effect and that would technically decrease your dosage. I would just suggest taking a little bit less each time you T&W. Get a scale and step down in 0.5 - 1 gram increments. Get comfortable at your new dosage for a week and then step down again. It will take patience and willpower.... I've never had much success tapering but best of luck to you. Addiction sucks!

Yeah I don't think I'll be getting an amphetamine script any time soon and my motivation is at an all time low so I'm going to look into that. Thanks for the feedback.

ehh i dont recommend you looking for amphetamines or similar things to give you motivation for one reason only, they ALL end up backfiring on you...sure it might work for a few days or even weeks but tolerance builds and u need more and that strong motivational effect u got from it in the beginning is gone and u are worse off ..this has been my experience every time with stims..

instead id recommend you try out Welbutrin or maybe something like Selegiline..Selegiline is helping me but its not a huge kick like stims, its very subtle..

How long does it take to become physically addicted to kratom? I usually dose 50-70g kratom daily, and I've been doing this for about 3 weeks now. Also are the withdrawals anything compared to heroin withdrawals?

using that much kratom you will be dependent on it very quickly..if u were to quit right now u would likely suffer some mild withdrawals like achy body, watery eyes, low energy...i recommend you gving kratom a break..take a few weeks off or a month because if you are dosing that high already then what are you goin to do in the future?

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking around for a while, but not posted much. I'm a heavy kratom user (22-49g per day) and lately I've been wondering about long term use and the effect on health.

I've been using the above dosage daily for over three years. Besides withdrawal symptoms (if I miss a dose) there's not a lot of other issues. However, I'm wondering about the effect on the liver, heart, the throat and the GI tract (Toss & Wash seems like it could be harsh on the throat, and 40g is a lot of powder for the intestines.)

Does anyone have any knowledge or know if any articles or studies on habitual kratom use that aren't outdated? Thanks!

Chronic high dose consumption can lead to :

- darkening of the skin (native south east asians, that took Kratom for decades/centuries, were observed)
- Kratom can cause liver complications in predisposed patients
- Mytraginine can cause ventricular fibrillation (or similar, please search the search engine for Kratom megathreads with the term "heart", there was a study posted by pbuilder, I guess)

I personally did not experience any of those symptoms, but I don't take such high doses. I would suggest you to taper a bit down, because using high doses is a waste, unless you utilize Kratom as a substitution for opiates. Anyway tapering and pauses are always advisable but you know that. :D

Kratom Stopped Working. Why?

Well its not so much that it stopped working, its that 9 times out of 10 it seems to cause weird headache/pressure in my head. Ive been using it on and off for the past 2 years. For a while kratom worked so well. It helped me kick dope, then it gave me these great, active, social highs for a long time after (I hear some opiate addicts say they cannot get high on kratom. That was not the case for me) then addiction and tolerance happened, and i had to start taking some breaks.

Its hard to pin point when it happened exactly, but all of a sudden, most times I would take it I would get a weird feeling of pressure in my head and what i assume to be a tension headache. I still felt "high" from the kratom, but it was uncomfortable and dysphoric. Sometimes I still get a good buzz from it, but most times i don't. I quit for 4 months and tried to start back up again recently and its still causing this pressure in my head!

Has this happened to anyone else? Why would the effects change so drastically? Is there any way to combat it? I just want those sweet kratom feels back again :( It was a good alternative to meth and H... IS kratom gone forever?

Huh, that's weird-I've gotten headaches like that a few times from kratom, but not enough that it caused me any problems. Suboxone was a much worse culprit in that regard for me. But I relate to what you say about it not really working over time. I seem to have gotten to that point. I need to seriously reduce my intake, because I don't feel my dosages at all anymore, and like you, I actually did get a nice 'euphoric' experience from it at the beginning, and I was coming off a wicked IV heroin habit too. I mean don't get me wrong, the high from kratom is not relatable really to a heroin high. For me it felt like what 15mg of hydrocodone would feel like to someone with no tolerance-Not saying hydrocodone and kratom are equipotent or anything, but you get the idea.

For me what's annoying is that more than anything I don't get the stimulant property out of it anymore. It used to be so cool how depending on the dosage I could get a stim effect or an opioid effect. Now it's like I just feel normal, and really I don't want to sound like I'm complaining because I was a hopeless heroin addict just a few days ago, and today I get by on drinking tea ha.

Anyway, I'm going to merge this into the Kratom Megathread.

Fuck I typed a long post and lost it all. Anyways, the stim effect is always the first to go for me. Now kratom just makes me tired. Don't get much euphoria from it anymore--mainly just sedation. I might try upping my dose tonight to see if I can catch a buzz

Accidentally measured out about 2 extra grams to throw in my tea this morning. For the entire morning at work I was wobbling around clearly fucked up unable to do mostly anything. Also threw up a few times in the trash can that I wheel around (I'm a janitor).

I thought red strains were the only kind you could get a nod on, but this green Maeng Da killed me. Probably would've enjoyed it if I wasn't at work...