• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

I've had my doubts, as most of have had, every since they originally delayed the ban. The moment Trump was elected I got even more worried... Not just for kratoms future but marijuanas as well. I live in California so I was pleased with how the marijuana thing worked out but still worried for what the future holds since we know Trump's stand on it.

Your prediction could very well come true. Let's hope it doesn't.

I live in CO, I don't think they will touch MMJ at all w/ 85% public support - so I'm good as I have a card - rec I dont care really about but at 60% public approval - they aren't gonna touch it.

Rec MJ is a joke anyway - ~38% taxes vs. 3% for MMJ. It is for tourists.

I've had my doubts, as most of have had, every since they originally delayed the ban. The moment Trump was elected I got even more worried... Not just for kratoms future but marijuanas as well. I live in California so I was pleased with how the marijuana thing worked out but still worried for what the future holds since we know Trump's stand on it.

Your prediction could very well come true. Let's hope it doesn't.

Yeah, I definitely do NOT want to be right about it.

I'm also worried about weed just as it was seeming like a sure thing to be on it's way to eventual legalization.

I think it PROBABLY still is.

Even though Sessions wants to stop it, I'm not sure if overall he can.

From what little I understand, he could still send the feds out to Cali, Colorado and the legal states to enforce the federal law, but then it becomes a federal vs state rights issue and would probably go to the supreme court, and I'm really thinking/hoping that he can't actually reverse the laws passed out there.

But he could really fuck shit up maybe for the states that are trying to legalize but haven't yet.

I mean seriously, the guy is like a fucking dinosaur: it's fucking about to be 2017 and this guy thinks "good people don't smoke marijuanna"!!

HELLO.

We aren't in the middle of Reagan's 80s Drug War propaganda anymore.

It's not the 1930s with Reefer Madness.

Just when you think these types of people are gone, they come out from under their rocks with their bibles with their hateful, racist, anti-drug rhetoric.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely do NOT want to be right about it.

I'm also worried about weed just as it was seeming like a sure thing to be on it's way to eventual legalization.

I think it PROBABLY still is.

Even though Sessions wants to stop it, I'm not sure if overall he can.

From what little I understand, he could still send the feds out to Cali, Colorado and the legal states to enforce the federal law, but then it becomes a federal vs state rights issue and would probably go to the supreme court, and I'm really thinking/hoping that he can't actually reverse the laws passed out there.

But he could really fuck shit up maybe for the states that are trying to legalize but haven't yet.

I mean seriously, the guy is like a fucking dinosaur: it's fucking about to be 2017 and this guy thinks "good people don't smoke marijuanna"!!

HELLO.

We aren't in the middle of Reagan's 80s Drug War propaganda anymore.

It's not the 1930s with Reefer Madness.

Just when you think these types of people are gone, they come out from under their rocks with their bibles with their hateful, racist, anti-drug rhetoric.

There ain't no stoppin reefer at this point. Trump got in on the potvote ( my potvote atleast) and He is a populist and marijuana is more popular than anyone in Washington - He doesn't won't a "hot" civil drug-war he wants states to do what they want and make money.

(side note: leaked 250,00 dollar speeches by hillary clinton has her saying "I am against MJ legalization in all it's forms.") now away from politics. We are doin allright. As long as that wall doesn't elevate the cost of my narcotics, presumably, largely coming from tunnels.

I'm reassured that we have lobbyists and people with money on our side in the kratom fight. The American Kratom Association, The Botanical Education Alliance & all the politicians on BOTH sides of the aisle who have come out in support of kratom make this situation different than any other emergency scheduling situation in the past. Of course we should be vigilant and expect the worst, but at least there's SOME hope to cling to.

I still suggest stocking your storage room from the window to the wall with kratom just to be safe. %)

Oh yeah of course he could stock up.

I don't know why, I guess because I was just thinking of my own habits, because I don't like stocking up or being in possession of more than about 24 ounces at a time tops, I was imagining he wasn't going to stock up and just be buying little bits at a time, and thinking then if you'd never done Kratom before getting into it shortly before it being banned and just trying small amounts to see if you like it would be pointless.

But of course if he was going to stock up it could be worth it.

Yeah, before I had said I wasn't going to order more but then I kind of gave in and went the opposite route where I decided I still wanted to do some for a little while, so I decided that if it's going to become illegal I'm going to go out with a bang and try to try as many of the rarer strains I've never tried before as possible because I might never get another chance.

That's why I ordered all those like Elephant, Bentuangie, Stem and Vein, Green and Red Vein Riau, Hulu Kapuas, Pleasant Green Bali, etc.

So, do you think it MIGHT be a good sign that as of December 5th now the DEA hasn't made any announcement when they said they were going to on December 1st??

To me it seems like it might possibly be a good sign that perhaps they are involved in a bigger battle with the protesters than they anticipated and not sure yet what they are going to do.

I mean if they were 100% SURE they were going to make it illegal don't you think they would have promptly announced they were banning it right away on December 1st??

I think they probably would have so I'm thinking and hoping that maybe things aren't going quite as they'd planned that they haven't made the announcement yet.
I've been without internet so I haven't kept up on the current status of kratom. I'm really not all that surprised that we haven't heard anything yet and we might not until after Trump takes control. With the backlash they got after first announcing the ban they probably said fuck it...let the next administration deal with it. Did you like the Kapuas? I got a sample of it but mistakenly dumped it into a jar of green kali.

I've been without internet so I haven't kept up on the current status of kratom. I'm really not all that surprised that we haven't heard anything yet and we might not until after Trump takes control. With the backlash they got after first announcing the ban they probably said fuck it...let the next administration deal with it. Did you like the Kapuas? I got a sample of it but mistakenly dumped it into a jar of green kali.

Like most strains I couldn’t really tell the difference between Kapuas and many others. I still can’t tell the difference between most of these strains, I just enjoy them all LOL.

I REALLY hope it doesn’t become illegal, but I’m still fearing the worst.

With Trump as president and the people he’ll appoint all kinds of horrible things are going to happen, and Kratom most likely (*fingers crossed*) becoming illegal isn’t even going to remotely scratch the surface…

^^^ Trump wouldn't know the difference between kratom and cocaine, He ain't gonna do shit. It's the 3-letter government organizations that will fuck your freedom to death.

It's against the rules to suggest that people to stock up on a legal substance if no sources are given? Must've missed that rule somewhere. Duly noted. Sorry.

Just a warning to anyone with IBS, hiatal hernia, ulcers or other GI problems: eating lots of kratom powder can cause severe irritation of the entire GI tract. I'm dealing with it right now, and it sucks. I ate a little extra powder in my tea since I was coming off oxys and paid for it almost instantly. It's now 24 hours later and I'm still miserable. Gas, nausea, heartburn/reflux, pain...just awful.

This is probably old news to some of ya's but I hadn't really experienced it firsthand until now. Going to have to endure withdrawals now because there's no way I can choke down any form of kratom for at least another day. I tried some strained tea and it just aggravated it. Blah.

Lady c, could it be possible that the reason you are experiencing that is because of withdrawals from the oxy rather then an effect from the kratom?

^^^ Trump wouldn't know the difference between kratom and cocaine, He ain't gonna do shit. It's the 3-letter government organizations that will fuck your freedom to death.

Trump himself won’t, but Jeff Sessions might if he appoints him to attorney general, and while he himself wouldn’t know what kratom was, all that would have to happen would be for the DEA to tell him it’s a an opioid and slip a notice past his desk for him to sign to make it illegal and I’m sure he’d do it if it was within his power.

He wants weed illegal and thinks only criminals use it so he’ll want every drug to be illegal.

Lady c, could it be possible that the reason you are experiencing that is because of withdrawals from the oxy rather then an effect from the kratom?
It could be but I've experienced similar symptoms every now and then, I usually do a cycle or two of omeprazole and it goes away.

How bad of a WD should i expect.

i had been using kratom 2 or 3 times a week for a few months....but depression got the best of me an it became everyday use. 5-10g 1x a day. The everyday use went on for two weeks and now I will go CT....how bad will it be?

Trump himself won’t, but Jeff Sessions might if he appoints him to attorney general, and while he himself wouldn’t know what kratom was, all that would have to happen would be for the DEA to tell him it’s a an opioid and slip a notice past his desk for him to sign to make it illegal and I’m sure he’d do it if it was within his power.

He wants weed illegal and thinks only criminals use it so he’ll want every drug to be illegal.

Jeff sessions does, but Trump said directly that he supports medical and that he supports states rights for recreational. And he isn't gonna let Jeff Sessions overule him.

How bad of a WD should i expect.

i had been using kratom 2 or 3 times a week for a few months....but depression got the best of me an it became everyday use. 5-10g 1x a day. The everyday use went on for two weeks and now I will go CT....how bad will it be?

You shouldn't have WD using only 1 per day, beause the levels are only strong in your system for a couple of hours, you should not experience any noticeble WDs at all besides maybe a slight foggyness for a very short time (hours).

No time to type a cohesive resp, but I've experienced GI issues as well. Occasionally also a pressure buildup so strong that I end up writhing in pain in the fetal position for hours; solveable with ginger, of all things (amazed me, given the severity of the discomfort)

ED- it only happens if I haven't been eating properly for ~12 hours prior to ingestion of kratom; I have a recurrent eating disorder, and I believe the pressure build up and GI issues to be less a negative property of kratom alkaloids and more to do with ingesting ten grams of plant matter when your stomach is shriveled and your metabolism of completely out of whack

I read that the bioavailabilty of Mytraginine was only ~7% (in rats) which would explain why Kratom is more constampating than other opiod but not as centrally-active.

You shouldn't have WD using only 1 per day, beause the levels are only strong in your system for a couple of hours, you should not experience any noticeble WDs at all besides maybe a slight foggyness for a very short time (hours).

I don't think one day is enough of a wash out to avoid becoming dependent

when i do kratom i definitely still notice effects even 24 hours after i still feel energy and uplifted mood.

I definitely know something is coming because I am never able to sleep now unless i take kratom at night. hopefully thats as bad as I experience

So...I just took Kratom 4 days in a row for the first time ever and will be abstaining for at least 5-6 days and I'm sure the withdrawal won't be fun but I doubt it will be anything hellish either.

Prior to this month I'd never even taken it more than 2 days in a row.

How bad can I expect the WD to be??

I mean I always make sure to take at least a couple days off each week to keep myself from becoming too physically dependent, but I told myself I'd never use it more than 2 days in a row, and as of this month I fucked up twice taking it 3 days in a row and this is the first time I've ever taken it 4 in a row.

I mean am I correct in thinking that my WD going 4 days in a row won't be as bad as say, someone who's taken it 2 full weeks in a row without a break??

10 days ago I went 2 days in a row without taking it so i figure that gave me a mostly clean slate up till that point, but since then it's been on and off till 4 in a row this week starting Wednesday, and I took a SHITLOAD today, almost 2 ounces.

I'm anticipating some pretty heavy lethargy and depression, as that's what I get when I'm in WD, but I have NOTHING to do for the rest of the week so there's no reason I can't just sleep as much as i want.

I just hope I don't get insomnia.

I'd prefer to just sleep for like 4 days straight till its over lol.

The worst WD I've had only lasted 4 days before, after dosing 3 days in a row and finishing with some extract the last day.

That time I had some strong WD for 3 days, then very mild symptoms for a 4th and it was over by day 5 so I"m guessing it might just be a little worse than that time.

I mean Kratom WD can't really last much longer than 4 or 5 days can it???

Last edited:
I don't think one day is enough of a wash out to avoid becoming dependent

when i do kratom i definitely still notice effects even 24 hours after i still feel energy and uplifted mood.

I definitely know something is coming because I am never able to sleep now unless i take kratom at night. hopefully thats as bad as I experience

It's impossible to say how bad it'll be for you. Have you been through opiate withdrawal before? You may experience some withdrawals, especially if you've been physically dependent on opiates before (kindling effect and all).

If I was CTing from your dosage regiment I would experience withdrawals. They wouldn't be severe but they wouldn't be un-noticeable either. I doubt your in for hell but you may be uncomfortable for a few days.

Again, everyone and every experience is different.

And also, will Klonopin and/or Phenibut help with the WDs??

I take Klonopin most days and have plenty of that and also have Phenibut, but since I took the latter today and never take it more than 2 days a week I wouldn't want to overdo that.