• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Mega Thread v. 5

Thanks Z. Since Kratom is legal is there a recommended vendor so I know I am not getting some toxic shit from China. Don't know if against rules of BL if it is my apologies.

It is against the rules to talk about vendors on this site.

With Kratom IMO the only security you have that it's going to be good is having spoken to someone else who knows a good vendor (but we can't do that here) or just reading up online about what some good vendors are.

On sites like Reddit they are allowed to discuss those things so you might want to go there.

Usually Kratom is Kratom...or maybe a Kratom extract.

You aren't likely to get too much else thrown in there with some rare exceptions like that bullshit Kypton Kratom or whatever, so yeah, don't buy that shit.

Otherwise, quality varies from vendor to vendor and strain to strain.

If you want to discuss that shit in more detail I recommend checking out some other site cause there's LOTS of sites that discuss that.

This is a weird question and I'm not sure if it's psychological or not but is there anyone else here who isn't dependent on Kratom on a daily basis but who may take it a couple days in a row and then afterwards on an off day get some extra munchies or oral fixation??

I feel like maybe sometimes it happens to me if I had a weekend where I took a lot and then don't on a Monday but maybe it's not actually a real connection.

I guess it might make sense since whenever I try to quit or cut down on coffee I also a get a SERIOUS oral fixation and want to eat sweets and that happens with smokers too.

Also, does anyone know if Kratom has a negative effect on weight loss??

I know it does SOMETHING with blood sugar but last year I was exercising like crazy trying to lose a lot of weight while taking Kratom and couldn't lose weight and then when I stopped taking it for a while I lost weight so I wonder if there was a connection.

There's no need to mention that it's an appetite suppressant, as in truth that ISN'T a real benefit to sustainable weight loss and weight maintainence cause you'll just eat less than you should which isnt' good either.

If anyone knows about this let me know.

Also, does anyone know if Kratom has a negative effect on weight loss??

I know it does SOMETHING with blood sugar but last year I was exercising like crazy trying to lose a lot of weight while taking Kratom and couldn't lose weight and then when I stopped taking it for a while I lost weight so I wonder if there was a connection.

There's no need to mention that it's an appetite suppressant, as in truth that ISN'T a real benefit to sustainable weight loss and weight maintainence cause you'll just eat less than you should which isnt' good either.

If anyone knows about this let me know.
Kratom always gives me an appetite and have actually gained weight

Those of you who have also used poppy seed tea, have any of you experienced a complete absence of any effects from kratom after PST usage? Like, it was wonderful, kratom never disappointed, but after trying poppy seed tea from the very first time, the kratom effects are completely gone (and had, as always, a great time with it just the weekend before, and same batch, same dosage) and there's been decent breaks between both substances. It's as if PST has completely fried whatever receptors liked the kratom, they're just done for. Tried PST about 3 months ago, and have had this new issue with kratom ever since, yet have read of users alternating between the two successfully. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

That's kind of weird, and you're not a daily user of either? I imagine it's just an issue of cross tolerance and you had some good pods. I never fucked with PST, but I had a wicked black tar heroin habit for hella long, and on day 4 of kicking it I took some kratom and got relief even a little buzzed.

Anyway I fucked up last month and got some shitty kratom, so I just got some new WV maeng Da and some Bali, those are the ones I like the best. Also, With the previous kratom I did an alcohol extraction and have been letting it evaporate for the last few days. I'm curious to see how it turns out. I've heard many conflicting reports, some people saying the alcohol extraction is more stimulating, others saying that it's the opposite.

That's kind of weird, and you're not a daily user of either? I imagine it's just an issue of cross tolerance and you had some good pods. I never fucked with PST, but I had a wicked black tar heroin habit for hella long, and on day 4 of kicking it I took some kratom and got relief even a little buzzed.

Anyway I fucked up last month and got some shitty kratom, so I just got some new WV maeng Da and some Bali, those are the ones I like the best. Also, With the previous kratom I did an alcohol extraction and have been letting it evaporate for the last few days. I'm curious to see how it turns out. I've heard many conflicting reports, some people saying the alcohol extraction is more stimulating, others saying that it's the opposite.

Yeah, breaks are regularly taken like 4-5 days in between usage, trying to keep it to just the weekend. Even tried alternating weekends with no luck. It sucks :( Kratom was a great get-things-done-and-feel-awesome-even-if-the-work-sucks kind of substance. PST not so much, the feel-good is definitely there, but zero energy. It's baffling to me no one else has experienced it! I'm not sure that seed batch was particularly strong, being the first time, nothing to compare to I guess. But about 1/3 liquid cup of seeds is enough for me. I suppose tolerance always issues like this, but it's bizarre to have strong effects from PST and nothing from kratom I think. I don't think it's very high either, can feel a 5mg percocet still.

Wait, that makes no sense to me. Kratom won't work but a perk 5 will? How much kratom do you take? I thought PST was supposed to kind of be bullshit too, compared to pod tea? Thats real weird. Do you make tea or T&W?

As for kratom causing weight gain, that seems a bit strange to me too. I can eat on it, but I don't have much of an appetite.

[MENTION=409771]sashadawn[/MENTION], don't underestimate potent PST! Your tolerance is likely a bit higher now, and as kratom can only go so high, it feels like you're missing out. That will only change of you don't do anymore opiates, which i highly recommend. All kratom does for me now is take away pain. Not very glamorous.

And no one should underestimate PST. I've done loads of it, dry pods, fresh pods and just dry/fresh latex as tea. PST tastes exactly like latex tea because that is what it is. Thankfully even the best seeds online aren't as potent as they could be. M2c: stick to kratom, forget opiates. They mess you up.

Wait, that makes no sense to me. Kratom won't work but a perk 5 will? How much kratom do you take? I thought PST was supposed to kind of be bullshit too, compared to pod tea? Thats real weird. Do you make tea or T&W?

Yep, always taken 3.5 grams of kratom t&w method with orange juice. Sometimes would have percocets or hydros on occasion (nothing ever stronger then a 5) never noticed them messing with kratom's effects, but PST has completely obliterated it, so strange. Perhaps another substance in PST that isn't present in pills is the culprit?... But that still doesn't explain why no one else has experienced it I guess, it is a really weird mystery.

Never have tried pod tea, but have experienced great results from PST, aside from some major digestive system upset, but a gas-x and stool softener usually help enough.

[MENTION=409771]sashadawn[/MENTION], don't underestimate potent PST! Your tolerance is likely a bit higher now, and as kratom can only go so high, it feels like you're missing out. That will only change of you don't do anymore opiates, which i highly recommend. All kratom does for me now is take away pain. Not very glamorous.

And no one should underestimate PST. I've done loads of it, dry pods, fresh pods and just dry/fresh latex as tea. PST tastes exactly like latex tea because that is what it is. Thankfully even the best seeds online aren't as potent as they could be. M2c: stick to kratom, forget opiates. They mess you up.

That is good advice, I did have a close call with PST the first time I tried it, could barely move without puking. Maybe that's when I screwed up something...

I loved the kratom and saw no need to look into anything else, but once I stumbled upon the article about the study of mitragynine screwing with your heart rhythm, it scared me a little since one side of my family has nearly all been diagnosed with Long QT, so I began to look into other things like PST. But, like others have pointed out, the study doesn't specify how much mitragynine was used, for all we know it was a ridiculous amount, so I am kinda wishing I would have not strayed from kratom now!

I'm a regular Kratom user (no high doses) since years and never had acute or chronic heart problems (at least obviously not from Kratom). There were some bad (or too strong?) batches that caused palpitations but those batches/vendors were ditched immediately.

Kratom is primarily not about mitragynine anyways imho. The orchestration of numerous alkaloids creates the unique experience and I found out, that I like sorts which feel least opioid the most. Kratom euphoria imho has not much to do with mitragynine content. Pure speculation. ;)

Nevertheless, it is best if you do not take Kratom, if you have concerns, as long as it cannot be excluded, that Kratom has significant effects on the cardiovascular system.

How long have you been taking kratom? I'm curious because I'm real new to it, and when I first started their didn't seem to really be a 'ceiling', the more I took the better I felt, though if I went to high I'd get nauseous and shaky, now though 2 1/2 months in to taking kratom every day, it seems like the more I take, the less 'effects' I get from it, to the point where I feel like taking a tablespoon would actually provide less then one teaspoon. I don't know if this is because my body is having a hard time digesting all the plant matter or what, but looking at whats left of my kratom stash today I've decided to try to dose as little and as infrequently as possible, since I don't feel the effects of T&W at high dosages anyway, might as well lower the dosage. I'd keep making the tea but I seriously have to use so much kratom and it's getting a little bit wasteful.

I have two explanations :

1. You're after an opioid feeling and the increasing number of opioid-antagonists of increasing Kratom doses cancel out the mitragynine (and analogues) in your case

2. You're after a stimulant feeling and with increasing doses the stimulant buzz is killed by the mitragynine (and analogues)

That is good advice, I did have a close call with PST the first time I tried it, could barely move without puking. Maybe that's when I screwed up something...

I loved the kratom and saw no need to look into anything else, but once I stumbled upon the article about the study of mitragynine screwing with your heart rhythm, it scared me a little since one side of my family has nearly all been diagnosed with Long QT, so I began to look into other things like PST. But, like others have pointed out, the study doesn't specify how much mitragynine was used, for all we know it was a ridiculous amount, so I am kinda wishing I would have not strayed from kratom now!

The study you are talking about did NOT say that Kratom CAUSES Long QT syndrome but that IN RATS (or whatever they were testing on, so I ASSUME rats or mice) it can EXACERBATE ALREADY EXISTED Long QT syndrome.

That being said, if it exists in your family I personally would definitely steer clear in that case.

But if it doesn't I wouldn't be concerned.

Even that said, the study seemed to kind of be a little vague and didn't seem to necessarily produce some "set in stone" conclusion.

Does ANYONE have ANY possible idea of how to increase the length of Kratom experiences??

I mean I'm sure there really is no way otherwise we'd have figured it out already.

Today for some odd reason by experience was even shorter than usual, only like 3 hours when usually I feel good for 4 or 4 1/2.

I have heard there MIGHT be some strains out there that least longer.

Does anyone know of a strain that consistently lasts longer than 4 hours for them or any possible way to increase the length of the experience??

(Obviously I know we can't discuss vendors so even if someone mentions a strain that lasts longer for them it will probably not be that useful for me, but nevertheless we can try)...

I used to just dose all day long but now if I exceed a certain number of grams per day I get withdrawal the next day.

I haven't actually been tested for Long QT, but many of my family members have had an official diagnosis and I do know I have a history of heart palpitations. I wish we could get a concrete answer on the circumstances of that study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25535742

For some reason I can't get it clickable so you'll have to copy and paste