• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The Pain Management Mega Thread v. 7

I have been dealing with chronic pain for many years. I broke my back several years back and have struggled with pain since. I recently started taking 80 mg OP's. I used to take oxycontins a few years back, but this is my first experience with the OP's. Although they do help the pain in my back, they give me the most intense headaches and stomach cramps. Does anyone else have this problem? It is not even worth the relief any more. The headaches are almost worse than the back pain.
Well the stomach issue could be nausea or opioid related constipation.. Either get dph for the nausea or a stool softener. Opioids are rough on the guts. As far as the headaches go, were you getting them while you were taking the oc's? If not, then you're probably not having a reaction to the oxycodone it's self. Try taking acetaminophen or aleve before your op dose. If non of those things work, have your doc switch your rx..

Bump.

Is no one from the community around these days? Or just not bothering to post as nothing really ever changes? It's all been said before...

Hopefully your pain has been relieved in even a small way & you're out doing something better than haunting BL!

Rtp

Hi alll, new here too...I'm on 40 mg oxymorphone x3 and roxicodone 30 x3 for pain...I was a pig the first week and railed alot of the oxymorphone....have about 1 a day left for about 3 weeks...will i go through a hellawithdrawl.

You have one what a day? The opana's or percs? I would suspect even if you can stick to that schedule, which you probably won't, you still feel wd symptoms.. One perc MAY cover your wd threshold, but not for a full 24 hours.

If you're physically dependent, you need to take about 20-40% of your daily dose to reach your dosage threshold, as to avoid wd symptoms.. That percentage varies from person to person. So you need about 18-36mg oxycodone, and about 8-16mg opana. if you don't have any opana's you need to add 16-32mg more of oxydcodone to compensate. These dosages are based on taking your medications orally, if you use a different roa, the figures will change.

If you happen to be on the low end of those percentages, one perc 30 will be close to your threshold.

Hoped that helped!
-hopeless

Thanks...I have 1 of each for the next 3 weeks...I became a pig and started to inhale the oxymorphone and couldn't stop....I'm just trying to regroup before it's too late...
.Actually have a significant pain problem but I was overcome by the buzz I assume...just trying to regroup as I said before I get lost in space.....thanks all ( 7nos)
Ugh, I know; I am on long acting oxymorphone, 15 mg 3x a day, and was on 2 Oxycodone 15 mg a day for break through. After the stimulator AND radio frequency, the goal was to go down. But camping and hiking have done a number on me, and school starts next week. My stimulator Doctor recommended that I switch to IR oxymorphone only. So for two weeks, I'm switching my Oxycodone to IR oxymorphone. I'm sure you know, the great thing about oxymorphone is it works really well. The bad thing about it is it only does that if its insufflated, which I've been doing. (Bad, AB!) In time, I will probably go back to 5 or 6 Oxycodone, as for some reason, I've never abused those. But then again, I was on oxymorphone for over a year and didn't run out early until these last few months. Could just be that I've been way more active this summer, and in more pain. Actually; last two months I received Globals, which SUCK, and was taking more than prescribed. This month I asked for my pharmacist to order Actavis.

How are you doing??[/QUOTE]
You have one what a day? The opana's or percs? I would suspect even if you can stick to that schedule, which you probably won't, you still feel wd symptoms.. One perc MAY cover your wd threshold, but not for a full 24 hours.

If you're physically dependent, you need to take about 20-40% of your daily dose to reach your dosage threshold, as to avoid wd symptoms.. That percentage varies from person to person. So you need about 18-36mg oxycodone, and about 8-16mg opana. if you don't have any opana's you need to add 16-32mg more of oxydcodone to compensate. These dosages are based on taking your medications orally, if you use a different roa, the figures will change.

If you happen to be on the low end of those percentages, one perc 30 will be close to your threshold.

Hoped that helped!
-hopeless

^Please stop abusing your pain meds if you want them to actually, you know, keep working.

:\ Just a guess here, but it seems to be prevalent lately...troll?

Damn shame, especially in this CP thread...The PAIN PEEPS don't need this!

Ergic and Hopeless...I may be wrong, but there are MANY silly "new" member posts/threads throughout BL with similar dialogue. Don't think it's a coincidence.

Seems like they are putting FAR too much effort into some of their posts/threads to appear legit.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...Sorry for my absence, RTP. Seems like we peeps have abandoned our home place. I check in often, but have no rainbows and sunshine to post. So...I keep my mouth shut.

I'm still in my daily grind, working full time with full time pain. The Linzess 290 I HAVE to take every morning feels as though it "guts" me like a fresh kill deer. It's been a year since my partial bowel obstruction with 6 day hospital stay. I'm no better, but at least I still have my colon. It's a constant fear, though, as this fucking disease continues to choke my bladder and bowels.

I'm still seeing batshit crazy PM doctor. I'm still prescribed Oxycodone IR, but don't use unless I am suicidal in pain. He lowered ALL patients' monthly count to 90, which thankfully doesn't put me in a bind. However, I deeply empathize with those who will go through WD and have their pain intensify. The PM doctor KNOWS this and even said so. I wrote a long post on another thread about how he anticipates the increased potential for suicide, as scripts are being grossly regulated for legit pain patients.

Could someone tell me how to post a link, so I don't double post from that thread? He basically confessed that doctors were wined and dined, courted and crooned by big pharma to prescribe during the BOOM...to adequately treat people's legit pain. Now that these CPPs are dependent upon these doses for QOL...It's a BUST due to new government oversight and threats to the livelihood of prescribing doctors.

I'm just glad I recognized from day one that Oxycodone doesn't ease my pain. The rebound pain is worse, and re-dose several times a day could quickly ramp into a problem. I've avoided that, but feel that I shouldn't cut ties with my PM office.

I continue to "try" MMJ (vaping). The sublingual oil is my preferred method of ingestion, but is beyond my budget long term. I've tried several strains now, but seriously can't function while using this stuff.

I desperately need help, but it's just not there. I no longer feel depressed, as I've graduated to outright DESPAIR.

My husband wants me to retire and take care of ME for the first time in my life. Just the thought makes me vomit in my mouth a little.

As if all of this isn't enough...Whoopty fucking do! The holidays are fast approaching. This is the most dysfunctional time of the year with my extended family. I've spent my entire life trying to keep us together, but I can no longer be the glue. Last Thanksgiving Day my 90 year old mom was rushed from nursing home to hospital, basically dead. She survived, but has not thrived. So many of my senior peeps are dying.

I don't want to die. But I need more than this miserable existence that I endure. Sorry for the downer talk, but it's all I've got folks!

I'm in an absurd amount of pain and despite having diagnosed with Lupus and fibro, and a hernia i can only get gabapentin and antidepressants. I also take plaquenil, and phenergan. I was recently prescribed trazadone and buspirone but they were absolutely awful and I can't see how they help my pain in anyway. I'm not depressed therefore in pain... it's only when my pain is unbearable that I begin to get anxious. I had been using marijuana but my awful niece called CPS on me so I am at the mercy of my Drs. who quite frankly suck. Gotta love medicaid.

Hey ergicmergic....you been a douche again all your life......people just looking for help...we all make mistakes...quit being a judgemental douche...we ...or i...are admitting to failing and you want to rub salt in fresh wounds...karma. my friend ...karma.....karma gonna take a big bite out of your ignorant ass when you need help.....

^How was he being a douche and judgemental ?

If you have a problem with a certain poster you can add them to your ignore list and you can always report a post if you think it's abusing

Anyone here suffer with TN? Trigeminal Neuralgia. I've heard cannabis edibles are great for dealing with pain break throughs. Any info, advice, much appreciated. :)

Any of you have experience with Nucynta? My doctor recently switched my meds and mentioned Nucynta to me, asking if I wanted to try it. I decided to go with Percocet 10/325, having been on Norco 10/325.

I am also taking Oxycodone 40mg. So as of now I am just taking oxycodone IR and CR to manage my pain.

I am not opposed to trying Nucynta but I just don't know much about it even after reading some stuff on it. I read it's similar to Tramadol but hits the opioid receptors much more.

Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks

Sorry Skittlezzz, was on the go ystrdy.

Beware; Anything you read about Nucynta/Tapentadol will likely be prefaced with 'A Novel Opioid', lol, because it is, IMHO, a big headfuck!

It's stronger than the weak opi's, (codeine, tram), but weaker than oxycodone.

It's similar to tramadol in that it contains an antidepressant, noradrenalin. This is combined with the tapentadol to ideally target neuropathic pain.

It comes in ER & IR forms, however, I believe 150mg BID is the max prescribed. Any more & the SNRI effects are overwhelmingly too strong.

If you're only taking 10mg oxycodone twice daily, it may be worth a trial, 10mg oxy = 100mg Tapentadol.

Waffle head, my former PM dr made up ketamine lozenges for a patient of his with TN. He wasn't very keen on Weed, so I never heard if that was helpful for her. Mind you, I think he must've been getting kickbacks as he was using ketamine infusions through his private clinic as well as the public clinic that he was the director of.

I formerly have had cluster headaches, similar to TN, all that relieved those were visits to ED for pethidine shots! Not very practical or likely avail on a daily basis nowadays:(

Dextersmom, so sorry that your pain also is not being relieved. I gather the plaquenil is for your lupus & Gabapentin for fibro? Most Cpp's are on a low dose antidepressant as it can contribute a tiny amount of relief especially when used as an adjunct med.

Are you under Pain Management? Sounds as though not, just a primary care dr/GP.
The medical system in the States seems to suck,- only the well off receive the care they need:(

As another suggested, are you able to find a more sympathetic dr? You probably saw a rhuemy for the Lupus diagnosis,- though they, IMHO, aren't too forthcoming with pain meds.

I sincerely hope you find what you need, in the meantime this is an awesome thread to keep posting on. Many helpful, empathic, knowledgable folk contribute.

Rtp

Thanks, Rtp. I am currently taking Percocet 10/325 4x/day and Oxycontin 40mg 2x/day.

When I first started pain management I began with Tramadol. I liked it at first but the pain got worse and Tramadol wasn't controlling it well enough anymore. I may just give it a shot and see how it works. If it is inadequate then my Dr will put me back on Percocet.

Thanks for your reply.

@RTP-I have to correct you on the US system, which has MAJOR faults but care is available to those who are not necessarily well off. Medicaid may suck, but virtually every large hospital has a Pain Management program that is available.

Insurance can be a huge problem-but there's no rationing of medical care. I live near the border with Canada in a fairly large city and you would not believe the number of Canadian patients in the medical system who chose to pay privately rather than wait to receive care.